Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
:Facing The Scale Quest: "Challenge for Week One is Up! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Adorkable xoxo

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 7:04 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

:Table of Contents:
:Welcome:
:Updates:
:About:
:Challengers:
:Challenges:
:Charts:
:Reserved:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 7:08 pm

Welcome to the :Facing The Scale Quest:. Hopefully, the admin of the guild is perfectly fine with this idea of mine, but if they are not, well -- of course the thread will go POOF! Anyways, read a bit about it and see if you enjoy the idea of this quest or not! You are allowed to join in! All you have to do is reply to the thread asking to join and we'll go over things once everything is all ready to go!

Adorkable xoxo

Adorkable xoxo

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 7:11 pm

July 16, 2005 [10:11 PM] - Added thread to guild boards
July 30th, 2005 [10:52 AM] - Finished adding current members. IMPORTANT! People taking place in the quest already, please make a post stating your STARTING weight. I have forgotten to write that in the form. My apologies. Also, first challenge will be up in a few moments! Good luck!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 7:28 pm

I decided to create the :Facing The Scale Quest: due to my own personal concern of my well-being. People in the same situation as myself provides the confidence/self esteem I need to survive through my diet, and I figure it's the same for everyone else. So I thought to myself, why not create a quest thread in a dietary guild which can help us all glide along?

Anyways, the idea is for everyone to reach their own goal weight. You will fill out a form under the post on this thread entitled :Challengers:, and we will add you A.S.A.P. Every week we will have a new challenge for you to accomplish. Each challenge you complete [WITH PHOTO EVIDENCE IF POSSIBLE, DEPENDS!] you will recieve 10-20 gold. When you reach your goal weight, you will recieve 1k. Good luck!

Adorkable xoxo

Adorkable xoxo

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 7:32 pm

Kenmei
Current weight: 208
Goal Weight: 120
Reasons For Wanting To Lose Weight: I have many reasons for wanting to get rid of it. I plan on moving soon, and I see that as a 'new life,' and for my 'new life' I'd love to start off with a new body. I also hope to perfect cosplaying as Tifa Lockhart at Anime Boston in 2006, so hopefully all shall go as planned! Last but not least, I want to be healthy!
Before Shot: I'll get a full body shot, soon!

Aeren
Current Weight: 226 icon_eek.gif
Goal Weight: 180
Reasons For Wanting To Lose Weight: these days im all about the health. i want to be athletic, and i am, but carrying this extra weight makes it difficult to do all the things i want to do. i also don't want to die of a heart attack.
Before Shot: I'll get my before shot off my guild profile soon.

Ixax
Current Weight: 236 (down from 250.5 since 2/15)
Goal Weight: 145
Reasons For Wanting To Lose Weight: I've been studying belly dance for 5 years. I'm a good dancer but I don't look or feel good enough to perform. I want to fit in a sexy costume and look good and dance for an audience at least once before I die! There are lots of other good reasons too, but that's the one that motivates me to lose weight
Before Shot: This is me with my 17y daughter and husband.

Fuzzykit.
Current weight: 140lb
Goal weight: 126lb
Reasons for wanting to lose weight: Every possible reason, I think. Aside from attention. I'm definitely not an attention-seeking person. *Hides*
Before shot: Scanner not working, trying to dig up a suitable one already on 'puter... *in progress*
--------

Want to be a challenger? Fill out this form!

Name:
Current Weight:
Goal Weight:
Reasons For Wanting To Lose Weight:
Before Shot: [Only shown on thread if you don't mind!]

Simple, no?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 7:50 pm

Week One
- Drink at least 80oz of water per day. -
January 2004 the Institute of Medicine revised the recommendations for fluid intake:

Men: 125 ounces per day
Women: 91 ounces per day

So get drinking!

Prize:Minimum of 10g! Maximum of 100g!
Needs:You MUST post daily stating your water intake! I will post it on your charts.

Adorkable xoxo

Adorkable xoxo

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 7:51 pm

You guys can make a weight loss chart at www.tickerfactory.com. From there, I would like you to post it here, along with the code for it. I will insert it into this post, and I will also include beneath your charts your challenge history.

Kenmei

Week One: N/A

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 7:52 pm

Adorkable xoxo

Adorkable xoxo

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 8:02 pm

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 8:11 pm

Adorkable xoxo

Adorkable xoxo

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 8:13 pm

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 11:19 pm
*glomps Kenmei!*

I think this is a friggin fantastic idea. I definitely want to participate. I'm all up for new challenges, and I'm glad to have you as a motivated member of our guild. I love your graphics. I'm just excited. My first day back to the guild and we are ready to go!!

okay. I'll shut up.

Current Weight: 226 eek
Reasons For Wanting To Lose Weight: these days im all about the health. i want to be athletic, and i am, but carrying this extra weight makes it difficult to do all the things i want to do. i also don't want to die of a heart attack.
I'll get my before shot off my guild profile soon.  

Aeren
Crew

Adorkable xoxo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 4:50 pm
Aeren
*glomps Kenmei!*

I think this is a friggin fantastic idea. I definitely want to participate. I'm all up for new challenges, and I'm glad to have you as a motivated member of our guild. I love your graphics. I'm just excited. My first day back to the guild and we are ready to go!!

okay. I'll shut up.

Current Weight: 226 eek
I'll get my before shot off my guild profile soon.

Yay! I was worrying about what you'd think! ^_^ Since you approve though, this is fantastic! ^_^ Hopefully more will enroll!  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 10:38 am
people need to enroll gonk  

Aeren
Crew

Ixax

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 11:00 am
Name: Ixax
Current Weight: 236 (down from 250.5 since 2/15)
Goal Weight: 145
Reasons For Wanting To Lose Weight: I've been studying belly dance for 5 years. I'm a good dancer but I don't look or feel good enough to perform. I want to fit in a sexy costume and look good and dance for an audience at least once before I die! There are lots of other good reasons too, but that's the one that motivates me to lose weight
Before Shot: This is me with my 17y daughter and husband.
Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games