Reply Painting and Modelling Discussion
An army of pimps? (UPDATED W/ PICS) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[.Psycho.Doughboy.]

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 9:39 pm
Okay, here's the story, I just started playing, and I'm rocking Necrons. I started off buying a pretty big start-off. The MKII battleforce, the codex a monolith, and a secondhand lord with another set of warriors. It comes out to just under 1500 pts with the 110 points my lord gets from the armory+his warscythe. Now, my lord came with the top of his staff broken off, so, for lack of something on top his staff of light, I took a small piece of green from my blaster bits and glued it to the top of the staff, calling it a pimp cane of light. It started off as a joke, and I put a picture of it up in the proxy armies thread, and the guy who replied gave me an idea to make my necrons pimped out. Now, since this is my first army and I want to go for the classic look, but eventually I plan on going through on the idea. Purple and gold color scheme on the lord's cape, monolith, weapons, and such. Maybe even gold necrons. What do you guys think?  
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 12:52 am
Stay away from gold.

Thought ended.  

Marcus McFlufferson

Battle_Brother_Edward

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 3:38 am
haha i agree, dont go gold, unless its small accent pieces, gold is s b***h to paint. you could greenstuff a bunch of pimpsuits on them >_>  
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 10:03 pm
In each squad, Green Stuff a pimp hat onto one of the fellows, and make him purple with gold trim. The Green Stuff hair and purses onto the rest of them.

Problem solved.

Oh, and pumps.

Some Mook

Battle_Brother_Edward

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 1:16 pm
Josef Gafencu
In each squad, Green Stuff a pimp hat onto one of the fellows, and make him purple with gold trim. The Green Stuff hair and purses onto the rest of them.

Problem solved.

Oh, and pumps.

HAHAHA that would win  
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 1:43 pm
I think it'd be crap. Just my opinion though.

-Mykal

A.R.G.U.S Mykal

Andreis

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 3:14 pm
Hah! Interesting enough.
If you could accomplish it, I would enjoy to see some pictures.
In my opinion, however, you should put alot of effort into doing it on just one model and having that singular pimp-tastic lord as a testament to the idea. biggrin  
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 4:33 pm
I'll give it a shot, I was also gonna do a pimp-caddilac monolith, but that's a LOT of painting, then if I don't like it I'll have to do it BACk to it's original coat.  

[.Psycho.Doughboy.]

Dizy_lizy

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 7:18 pm
You know what would be awsome for the monolith would be making it like some sort of street racing car. Figure out a way to give it rims, and like a spoiler, stuff like thta, and it would definately have to have some sort of flame paint job.  
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 7:31 pm
rofl Tape a hot wheels tuner to the bottom.  

[.Psycho.Doughboy.]

[.Psycho.Doughboy.]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:07 pm
UPDATE!
I decided not to go for the whole army, but definately the lord.
User Image
User Image

Sorry for the crappy quality, I'm using my cell phone camera. As you can see, the pimp cane of light is complete. I filed down a spare green bit nub, then hit it with a layer of 'Ardcoat gloss varnish to make it look like a crystal. I'm using Liche Purple and Burnished gold. I'm using a few coats of gold so it's not totally see-through. I want to model a pimp hat and coat onto him but my girlfriend is (so far) Saying no. I mean come on, he even looks like he's gonna pimp slap someone.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:10 am
Might I suggest looking in your camera settings?
Some contain a close range macro setting.  

Andreis

[.Psycho.Doughboy.]

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 3:26 pm
Nah, I've got like the cheapest camera-equipped motorola on the market.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:15 pm
This reminds of the time I saw a pimp Ork at Games Day. He had the hat, the cain, and even a coat with sunglasses. It was so wrong.  

Daemon_King

Painting and Modelling Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces