Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friends of English Magic - for readers and fans of fantasy

Back to Guilds

A guild for fans of fantasy books - we have discussions, contests, and games! 

Tags: english, fantasy, magic, book, scifi 

Reply dead threads - do not post
Legend of Zelda: On a wind

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

XIcex_xPrincessX

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 8:48 pm
(the summary and stuff will come soon.)

Well, heres my lastest fic and the first one I've posted on Gaia.
Well, the protoluge sucks, really, really badly and chapter one which I will post soon is much much better. Trust me, please.

Legend of Zelda: On a wind

Protoluge

“LINK!” a little girl cried to her older brother,

“What’s up?” he asked, he was four

“Look! A boy!” she said, pointing to a hill, she was three

“Huh?” The boy asked, and looked up, sure enough; a red headed boy was sitting up on the hill. “I’ll go check it out” he said “stay here”

“But why!?” she cried

“Because I’m older and you’re a girl”

“That’s stupid! Let me come!”

“No or else I’ll tell Grandma what you did to her vase!”

“Fine but I’m never playing with you again!” She glared, clutching her telescope to her chest. The boy didn’t reply he just turned and ran up the hill towards the little boy.

It didn’t take him very long to run the hill. He looked for the boy and saw him sitting not to far way with his knees up to his face, his shoulders shaking. “Hey” the boy said, walking up to him
“G-go away” The red head sobbed, he pulled himself in tighter.

“What’s wrong?” the boy asked, the red head looked almost his age, maybe younger,

“N-nothing… l-leave me alone” The red head cried, his uncovered hands were dark with black nails

“If it was nothing then you wouldn’t be crying! Come on, tell me what’s wrong!” The boy demanded, he came closer

“No… don’t hurt me…” the red head cried,
“Hurt you?” asked the boy “why would I do that?”
“B-because I’m ugly” The red head looked up, showing him his wet, blotchy face, he had a bloody nose, a fat lip and a purple eye

“You’re not ugly! Why would you think you were?” the boy asked, winching as he looked at his wounds

“E-everyone else says I am”

“Where’s everyone else? I don’t see anyone, me and my sis are the only kids here”

“Huh?” The red head asked, confused. Standing quickly he looked around, and paled, “they were right over there” He pointed south, “they beat me up and ran off to play ball!” he paused for a moment “Where am I?”

“ This is mother and ChildIsland”

“Where?” The read head looked at

“My home” “Well I don’t have one”

“If you want to we can share mine.” “Huh? I don’t know they might get mad if I don’t come back” “Back where, you said you didn’t have a home”

“The orphanage, that’s were I’m from”

“Orphanage, what’s that?” “A place kids that don’t have homes go” “Sounds boring” the boy said, the red head didn’t answer. “So, if you can’t stay for long do you at least want to be friends? You can come and play whenever you want, ” The red head smiled, showing white teeth, “that sounds fun, I’ll be you friend, my names Ganondorf, what’s yours?” “Link,” Link said, the wind began to blow

“When can we play?” Ganondorf asked

“Is tomorrow okay?” Link asked, the wind threw his blond hair into his eyes “Sure” Ganondorf said, Link couldn't see him

For a moment Link was blinded by his hair, he brushed it away and the wind began to calm. Link looked around and saw that Ganondorf was gone. “Ganondorf?” He called and received no reply.  
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 9:09 pm
Interesting start. I'm already very curious about where the red-headed boy actually came from and why others think he's ugly. Will these be your main characters?  

Lady Pole
Crew

XIcex_xPrincessX

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 5:50 pm
Lady Pole
Interesting start. I'm already very curious about where the red-headed boy actually came from and why others think he's ugly. Will these be your main characters?

Yes, they are two of my group of MC.
Thanks! biggrin
And you'll find out the answers soon enough lol!  
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 6:13 pm

Chapter One: The sinking Hyrule

The sands of the desert stood in silence as the entire continent of Hyrule began to sink. The earth rumbled, the mountain shook, and the trees in the forest quaked with an unknown fear. The people of Hyrule held each other close, bracing for the worse: death. Wide eyed they felt like they where at the brink of oblivion.
Like the silence of death itself the kingdom slunk before the waves, down and down it went, deep below the deep waters. The dark of oblivion lurked near, falling in on the people, growing closer and closer then- something held it fast, the Gods. They would not let their blessed land be so easy washed away by the sea and protected it with all their wonders with a bubble like dome.
Down and down, lower under the waves where the sun could not reach the kingdom settled. The people were frightened; darkness was everywhere, much like an eternal night. Fires were lit and the people of all races clamored to the Hyrulin king for knowledge and protection. The king who stood at the steps of the castle, his knights surrounding him looked regal and mighty, like the lion.
“People of Hyrule” the great man spoke, his voice echoing through the sky-less land “do not fear, Hyrule is safe from evil”
“What?!” one man cried “how can we be safe if we are beneath the waves? Where is our light, our sun?!” That caused the people to out roar, yes, where is our light?
“People” The king spoke silencing the rage of man, “Ganondorf had almost captured Hyrule,” and with that instead of anger, cries of fear echoed throughout the kingdom
“Almost, is the demon still near?!” they asked
“No.” the king said “he was cast out by the Gods when the waters became high; he has drown in the sea”
Some of the people cheered while others stood aghast in question,
“But what of us” The others roared, “it is no good if evil is dead and we are to, what of our sons and daughters, what of our home, what of our lives?!”
“I have a resolve” the king announced, “Zora’s, may I ask a favor of you?”
For a moment no one spoke, no one moved but then out of the flocks of people a group came forward. The people were of the Zora race, their blue skin colorful and bright, shining like the northern lights in the dark with bright anger sting clear on their faces.
“King of the Hyrulins, what have you done to this land?!” The king of Zora’s demanded, stepping forward.
“I have done all that was in my power to protect Hyrule from Ganondorf’s dark powers, please hear me”
The king of Zora’s crossed his fined arms and nodded gruffly, giving the King dark eyes
“Come then, let us take council,” the elf king beckoned him forward into the castle. He told his knights to stand guard incase of Hyrulin’s decided to form a mob.
The king of the Zora’s stepped forward, but paused to ask
“But what of the Goron chief?”
“He is already waiting inside the hall, come”
The Zora nodded and followed the king inside.
The hall was one of vast tapestries and beauty made by man’s hands in an attempt to copy Natures wonder. Tapestries depicting the ancient hero slaying the ancient villain, Ganondorf, hung clear on the walls while others shown fields of good harvest and lakes and rivers of good catch.
The Zora followed the King into the throne room where a strong Goron stood, brow creased with anger. He saw the King and opened his mouth but held his tongue when he saw the Zora. The King stood in front of the throne where a scorch mark had been burnt into the once white stone and looked at both. He was preparing to speak when the Zora demanded
“Tell us what you have done to Hyrule!”
The King looked at the Zora and then to the Goron saying
“I have done what I could do to protect Hyrule-“
“Protect it?!” The Goron snarled, “Sinking it isn’t my idea of protection!”
“None mine” agreed the Zora
“Hear me, not but an hour or so earlier the Gerudo chief Ganondorf stood at this very spot with the, Triforce inches from his finger tips. If he had laid his hand upon it the entire nation would have been destroyed-“
“Or locked in an internal torment…” the Zora said, his eyes scanning the burnt spot on the floor
“Yes” said the King,
“But you got to it first and with the power of the Gods you only wished for death, why?!” The Zora stated, his fist tightening “Why did you sink us underwater, you could have just killed that evil man and let us live in peace!”
The king stood silence for a moment, and said
“I wished for Hyrule to be saved from evil and it was, look, the waters have not drowned us, the gods are even now protecting Hyrule. For us to do the rest I will need your help” he said, looking at the Zora
The Goron puffed out his chest, fists tightening “why can’t I help?” He demanded,
The king looked at the Goron, “can you swim friend?”
The Goron sighed, exhaling “no but we Goron’s have a strong life force, we would be able to survive under the water for a very long time.
“Good” the king said almost to himself “Now heres my plan…”
Chapter One End  

XIcex_xPrincessX

Lady Pole
Crew

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 3:57 pm
Are the Hyrule, Goron and Zora all different races? Hyrule human, Zora water elves and Goron...what? Or should I just wait for the next chapter?

This is great. Keep writing!  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:43 pm
Lady Pole
Are the Hyrule, Goron and Zora all different races? Hyrule human, Zora water elves and Goron...what? Or should I just wait for the next chapter?

This is great. Keep writing!

Gorons are big rock creatures. this is all based on Zelda: Wind Waker.

I love the twist in the beginning with Link befriending Ganondorf. keep writting  

gemela_dos

Heroic Gekko

15,450 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Nuclear Plant 500
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Lhia Dunwaith

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:13 am
Where have I heard Hyrule before?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:14 am
OH!!! GOT IT!!! It's not HYrule, it's Hrule. From Garth Nix's short story "Across The Wall".  

Lhia Dunwaith

8minbefore

7,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:32 pm
Lhia_Dunwaith
OH!!! GOT IT!!! It's not HYrule, it's Hrule. From Garth Nix's short story "Across The Wall".

Ummmmm........no!! Hyrule, like from the Zelda video games!  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:25 pm
Title:
Rating:
Genre:
Summary:

Plase fill this out and put it at the top. You need not summarize stuff that hasn't happened yet. Just enough so people will know what on earth it's about.  

Sita Harker
Captain

6,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Lhia Dunwaith

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:40 pm
8minbefore
Lhia_Dunwaith

Ummmmm........no!! Hyrule, like from the Zelda video games!

I know, I meant, what I was thinking about was called a Hrule...  
dead threads - do not post

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games