Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]
Meshi's Sketchbook

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[Meshi-Chan]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:09 am
Art = Love

Well I'm trying to work on drawing bodys and such, and I'm starting to get a bit more comfortable with drawing faces. I'm still having some trouble, and if there are any mentors out there that can help me improve my art, I would love the help.

Most Recent Picture

I was going for a scared frail girl look, and I think I got at least some of that.

User Image

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:11 am
Other amazing pics done by me

Ugh. There's nothing in here ><

[Meshi-Chan]

Leo Valios

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:44 pm
You're definitely on the right track with the liquid eyeshape, and it's awesome that you thought to use it, but there is still more you could do to improve. For instance, the scared look is determined by the fear. In other words, exactly what kind of feel do you want for the scene? If you want it to be the uber cute comedic expression when she's scared of something gross, then the eye's have to basically envelop the head, the nose would disappear and the mouth would turn into a long wavey line. If you were going for a 'fear of death' expression, then the pupils shrink very small and the distance between the upper and lower lids increases, the eyebrows raise, and the mouth usually gaps open slightly (because most struggle for air when they get shocked).  
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 5:00 pm
Thank you, I appreciate that. well I'm not too good at mouths or noses, so I usually just use small lines.

[Meshi-Chan]

Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff