Reply The Music Artists Guild
vocals, screaming-ish

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kaio-Leucitius

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 5:49 pm
where do you learn that stuff? are there singing lessons for that or do you gotta figure it out on your own? i plan on getting some basic singing lessons this summer but i really wanna learn how some of the artists do that Linkin Park kinda scream.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:21 pm
I think you have to learn on your own because My voice is trained and I CANNOT do that. I've tried. emo But maybe it depends on your voice though, like if it can handle the strain. confused  

Lady Tremaine

Fashionable Fatcat

5,250 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200

kyogoku-san

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:10 am
singing well, I think, is a gift. Not everyone can sing professionally (I surely can't). Singing is breathing for the soul so just sing it out & dont be afraid if you're bad or good.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:30 am
there actually doing something you shouldn't do.
there not singing there screaming. and there really straining there voice to make it sound that way. and that's how you ruin your voice so easily.  

DJ Twissta

O.G. Gaian

26,090 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Survivor 150

kyogoku-san

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:40 pm
Well, I'm not what you would call an "expert".  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:08 pm
i sing. and i scream.

screaming is bad for your voice. don't do it =P

but that's just how my band rolls... soo duty calls. xD

but if you want it learn, you have to teach yourself, unless you can find someone willing to teach you how to scream. watch some youtube videos on screaming. they're kinda helpful. somewhat. =P  

Xx SynErr xX

Kaio-Leucitius

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:42 am
i just wanna bring some crunch/soul to my singing so that it's not just words and tones. i wanna develop something that portrays emotion. ultimately, my goal is to make music that gives you goosebumps. be it on bass or guitar or vocals or even something programmed.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:27 am
I know there are techniques so you scream without scratching your vocal chords. But I think it's a talent, not something you learn. And even if you can learn it, I don't know of anywhere/anywho who teaches it... sweatdrop
Good luck. Music that gives you goosebumps isn't easy to create. 3nodding

Quantic Sakura

Kaio-Leucitius

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 5:33 pm
true, it isn't easy to make. if it was it wouldn't be worth making.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 10:55 pm
I don't scream - but soul/rock type of loud belting I do! And ALL vocal teachers I ever had try to retrain me into the classical voice type - and I try to give in - but when I do my own performances - I stick to my 'voice that I will ruin if I continue doing the same thing'...but I read somewhere that that's BS and that it's singers who develop their own technique and explore their voice that stand out - rather than those who are afraid to ruin their voice...I mean there's boundaries too...if you can't speak after you sing 1 song - obviously that is senseless...since you have to do a whole show.

I would say take some basic vocal lessons, take some classical vocal lessons for technique and vocal exercises/learning notes etc...then take some type of pop/rock vocal...and along the way you have to learn on your own - just find karaoke songs that you like and sing and explore your voice. That is how I learnt....singing songs I loved. You learn so much - so gradually you yourself won't notice until a few years after biggrin

I use to sing Mariah Carey songs - SO HIGH and I use to literally YELL or scream...that was the only way I could reach the high notes, and I knew I wanted to reach them - so I didn't care...then eventually somehow I learnt to belt them without comletely killing myself. You try, read, explore and somehow you find diff. things. And you might not be able to explain them - but your body will know how to do them

Landrina

The Music Artists Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff