Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
Working out with no results..

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BlinkyTheRed

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 12:36 pm
Hey all.

I've been working out dilligently, every day for the past 6 weeks or so. For the first 3 weeks, I did 3 miles a day, and for the past 3 weeks it's been 4 miles a day.

(3 miles = 4.8 km, 4 miles = 6.4 km)

I have limited sweets and desserts to only special occasions and even then I only eat a small amount. I've never been that kind of person with a huge appetite, so I've been eating reasonable meals and healthy snacks inbetween.

One of my worst habits was late-night eating, which I have improved upon greatly.

But nothing seems to work. In 6 weeks of-- in my opinion, PLENTIFUL exercise, I have lost NO weight. None at all. And I'm not just talking about the scale-- my clothes aren't getting looser, my measurements are the same.

I've keep to my routine religiously but it's getting harder and harder to do it when I don't have any results at all.

I used to lose weight pretty easily, but for the past year, it's been pretty much IMPOSSIBLE for me.

I'm exhausted every day, go to bed hungry and wake up starving, but it doesn't matter. I have the same results that I would have if I'd been sitting on my a** eating candy all summer.

I guess I'm just looking for encouragement, or if anyone else has a similar experience. This is really frustrating me, and draining me of all my energy and making me depressed.

I really, REALLY wanted to lose a lot of weight this summer, but it's already halfway over and I haven't lost anything. Not even a pound, not even half an inch.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 1:38 pm
I"'m sorry to hear that. Perhaps your body has adjusted to your rigorous routine. Maybe switch it up, 4.25 miles one day, 3.75 the next. Just enough so that your body is confused. razz it sounds weird but switching up your routine really can help get through a plateau. I will try to find an article to help elaborate what I am saying.  

Aeren
Crew

Aeren
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 1:40 pm
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 2:00 pm
Don't worry about it! Keep working out. The scale lies. Here's why. You are gaining muscle and losing fat. Muscle weighs a lot more than fat, so you won't see the results on the scale for some time. You'll notice that your clothes are looser before you'll see the numbers on the scale go down. However, if you keep it up, and you control your portions and eat a healty diet, you'll see the results both in measurements and weight loss. There's one more factor to consider. Now that you're more physically active, you're probably maintaining better hydration than you were before (drinking more water). This is good! However, a pint of water is equal to a pound of weight, so you may have actually lost so fat tissue, but the loss is disguised because you're better hydrated. Don't worry. Keep exercising and keep drinking. Both will accelerate your weight loss and you will begin to see results soon.  

Ixax

Unmei_tenshi

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 6:55 am
Well, I don't know if this will help or not, but I've heard and read that when you start to exercise regularly, your body begins to retain water since it's trying to adjust to that routine. It holds that water for at least two months. Because of this, it makes our bodies heavier or stay the same when we weigh ourselves within those eight weeks.

Try the scale again in about fourteen more days or so. n.n  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 2:19 pm
Building muscle and water retention are likely a big part of why you're seeing no results, but your eating habbits still sound like they're hindering you. If you're going hungry, you're not going to lose weight. In fact, you may start putting it on because your body's going into staravation mode. Many small meals in the run of a day is much better for you than three large ones, and it allows you to adjust times to circumvent being hungry going to bed.  

24 Hour Story Mule

BlinkyTheRed

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 1:28 pm
Sorry for being inactive in this guild

An update on this thread:

I was dilligent in my exercise routine, running an AVERAGE of 4 miles a day (some days 3 miles, some days 5) with a varying steepness (sometimes high incline, sometimes low for a while), some days taking a break (probably only 2 days a month or so that I didn't exercise), as well as stretching and "warming up/down" before and after exercising.

I did not lose ANY weight. At all. Even with healthy eating habits, as mandated by doctors and nutritionists.

There was no progress after 3 months of intense working out and healthy eating. I dont' just mean weight-- I did not lose any inches anywhere on my body, none of my clothes fit me better, nothing. Nothing changed at all.

Sometimes doing all the right things isn't enough. Such is the curse of people like me with slow metabolisms and messed up hormones..

Nevertheless, I'm still trying.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 2:12 pm
have you tried natural diet pills that spead up your matobilisom?

also it might help to buy a calerie counder that shows how many callierie your burning off. 3-4 miles is only about 350 calleries, when i was losing weight i found that i walked that but i made sure my intake of calleries did not exceed the amount i walked off

hope that helped 3nodding  

Miya12
Vice Captain

Divash
Vice Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 11:43 am
This may or may not be encouraging, but your weight problem MIGHT have to do with something other than your obvious commitment to living healthily. Ask your doctor to check you for one of two conditions which may be affecting your weight. One is polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS), which among other things causes unnatural weight gain and/or inability to lose weight as a symptom. It is curable. Your gynecologist is the best person to check for this, as it does involve a pelvic examination.

The other, also curable, is Cushing's disease. This is a brain tumor which, among other symptoms, manifests as unnatural weight gain and/or inability to lose weight.

Both of these are rare, and are PROBABLY NOT the cause of your issue with weight loss. However, if you do have one of these medical conditions, treating the condition will almost always result in a rapid return to your normal, natural state. It's a long shot, but you can't hurt anything by checking.

If neither of these conditions is present, you may be eating too little. As I've learned in Weight Watchers, eating too little forces your body into starvation mode, in which it assumes it needs to store fat in order to withstand the famine. Speak to your doctor, and see about joining Weight Watchers or taking other healthy steps. You do sound like you're doing a lot of good things right now, though -- the main thing is to stick with it, because it will eventually work.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 5:55 pm
How many calories are you eating per day?

As long as you're burning more than you eat, you should lose weight.

If you really want to lose the weight, limit yourself to around 1300 - 1500 calories per day until you reach your goal (I actually have 1600 sometimes and I still see results). It's working for me, and I can still eat food I love. 3nodding  

Chemicat

drummer06

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:39 am
Depending on your age you could still be growing, so you might not necessarily lose weight easily, but muscles add weight and mass, more than fat I believe, so you could be healthier and just be getting bigger/stayiong the same, because of muscle  
Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games