no
  yes i am by mistake
  yes and it was not by mistake
  i never will get pregnant
View Results

arya241

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 5:46 pm
Quote:
LONDON — The newest fashion among schoolgirls is getting knocked up, according to one pregnant 14-year-old whose four friends are also expecting.

British teen Kizzy Neal says she's been approached for advice from other pregnant girls her age ever since she conceived, reported London's Daily Mail.

"When my friends see my bump they say they wish they could have a baby, then three weeks later they're pregnant and don't know what to do," Neal said.

"It seems to be fashionable to get pregnant. ... Teenage girls think babies are cute, but they forget the physical side of being pregnant, then having to give up your own childhood to look after a baby," she told the paper.

Neal says she got pregnant the first time she had sex with her 13-year-old boyfriend.

Family campaigners say her comments show how current sex education policies leave teens with the "ridiculous but extremely worrying" idea that having a child is comparable to buying a new handbag.

Neal's comments come as figures show England and Wales have the highest rates of teenage pregnancies in Europe — with the biggest growth among girls under 16.

why would any one want to ruin there life like that.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:18 pm
sad i live in an area where......teenage pregnancy is among the highest in the US...
it's sad really...i just can't fathom why some of these girls WANT to at such a young age...really in the end the burden of raising the child falls to the grandparents in most cases sad  

ketchakik

Veruniel
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:51 pm
Babies? Cute? Those girls are in for a rude shock. They'll be cured of their little delusions the moment they experience infant diarrhea.

What angers me most about this isn't young girls ruining their lives — though it is pretty pathetic and tragic. It's that most of them don't have enough responsibility to take care of a goldfish, and you just know those kids'll end up neglected or abused.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:58 pm
I do not know entirely where your refrence came form but, to an extent it's most defiunitly true. I live in Glasgow, a large city in Great Britain, large amounts of these causes, believe it or not are not all together, intentional, alot are caused by mass amounts of rape, lack of social behavior, music, believe it or not. Some have bad families, and are desperate to put their past behind them, by being a parent themselves, it's confusing for some little girls, to even realize, the significantly difficult, lifestyle, being a parent can be. Its a common misdimenor on the streets of Glasgow.  

lordoflycans

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

xX x0mbie Xx

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:58 pm
a couple of my close friends randomly got pregnant and there only 20 now wtf mate! one had 2 KIDS 2 wtf and shes 20!! AHHHHH! she dropped out to find a guy who will get her prgnant and "marry" her O_O im not lying she actually stated that as her reasons for dropping highschool ugh she was 16 at the time too holy hell. but prgnant 14 year olds make me wanna cry oy vey  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:59 am
I believe those would be the Greater Chav type Briton that the article referrs to.

Ok, no more assumptions (even if they're largely proved correct), let's move onto trends with teen pregnancies: teen mothers are most likely to be from a low socio-economic background and ill-educated, both spell doom for both the mother and child, as they're going to be living in what is usually sub-standard housing, and on benefits (indeed, some women are better off living off state-benefits as single mothers than working and away from the child). Unfortuantely, teenage mothers are most likely to be single mothers as well, either from lack of paternal responsibility, or the break-down of the initial relationship.

A bleak start for a young child in an already bleak world. And these girls don't seem to put these things together.

Of course, I'm not critisising the accedental pregnancies, even at such a young age, and yeah, it's not really a smart thing to have sex that young, but accedents happen and they've got the concequences. Its the girls mentioned there that intentionally get pregnant that I get irked about, especuially as (memntioned above) its most likely the grand parents that will have to take most of the parental strain.  

Isobel Bellamy

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:35 pm
o.O Y u k i O.o
a couple of my close friends randomly got pregnant and there only 20 now wtf mate! one had 2 KIDS 2 wtf and shes 20!! AHHHHH! she dropped out to find a guy who will get her prgnant and "marry" her O_O im not lying she actually stated that as her reasons for dropping highschool ugh she was 16 at the time too holy hell. but prgnant 14 year olds make me wanna cry oy vey

gonk
I know that feeling - one of my friends got knocked-up at thirteen... she's seventeen now, and got more; this time she's pregnant with sextuplets >.<
*Sigh* I kind of saw it coming - she's a nymphomaniac. sad Younger than eighteen, and a sex addict.

God, I just hope she gets the picture once the six are delivered. Any more and she'll be on the streets with half of the babies dead.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:04 pm
People always say that accidents will happen and it's true but that doesn't mean that you can't be careful. Yeah s.hit happens (forget the pill, the condom rips, etc) Don't get me wrong if you want kids fine but think about the situation (how old you are, if the father's going to be involved, do you have the money, etc) They seem to think a baby will fill some empty part of their life or that it won't happen to them. I'm lucky that I can talk to my mum but I was about 13 when I got sex ed (this involved a very red teacher but nothing about diseases, contraception, etc) The school has finally decided to give us 'the talk' stare  

Kohanna13

Particle Wad

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 5:23 pm
Ughhhh . . . babies. Those screamy things you hear echoing through public places everywhere you turn. Their little ear-piercing screams make me want to take them and throw their heads against the concrete.

Other times when they'll shut up, they can be fun to make faces at. How many random people on the street can you make faces at (without getting the cops called on you)?

As for being a fassion statement, that is sick and wrong. The more time passes by, the more I absolutely hate what's "in" in the world of fassion. I never attempted it, and I don't plan to.

I feel sick just at the thoght of being pregnant. Having a little screaming, kicking thing inside you, causing you to feel naucious all the time, I don't need help with that. Then you'll have to pay for it's infinate need for diapers, CHANGE them, feed them their HORRIBLE smelling baby-food, I mean come on! It's not even worth it! Not to mention when THEY grow up and become teenagers . . . ohhh no. They hate your guts and want to murder you. With a sponge.  
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 11:05 am
i have a one year old brother and a 17 year old brother and im the middle. i hate that people think babies are cute,uggh. they squeal and pee all the time, all any family cares about is that baby. i have had sex ed since third grade and seriously i never want to have kids, all your money a life stolen from you. bluck  

Cactus Attack!

madwitch501

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 2:33 pm
unfortunatly teen pregnancy is getting bigger and bigger I have 2 cuzins who are undeer 16 who have had children 3 who concevied at the age of 15 and one who conceived at 16. and guess what none of the fathers stuck around! thats another thing the men for some reason dont think the child is their resposibility! or they cant take the pressure it dosnt work that way!
I know when and if my girlfriend and I conceive I will be ready to take care of both of them. I would also like to tell some of those girls of protection its called a CONDOM, another thing that ive noticed is that girls think that if they take a birth control pill and go have sex they'll be fine dont think so! you can get prgnant like any other girl  
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 9:50 am
Yeah... also, sadly this isn't a new trend, come visit the industrial cesspool of life I come from, and you'll see exactly what I mean, 24 year olds with 2 ten year olds an 8 year old and a 2 year old... and thats about the average, I'm glad I've never once added to that statistic. Its easy to blame society, but to be honest, most don't do it for the trend, they do it because its easier then finishing school and getting a job.

Whats more disturbing are often the father of these 14 year old's children are often in their mid-late 20's. If things like that were reported, well... then the ***** statistic would be much higher then it is. But because the police tend to turn a blind eye here unless its child rape, then no chance.  

Rellik San
Crew

Isobel Bellamy

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 3:56 pm
madwitch501
unfortunatly teen pregnancy is getting bigger and bigger I have 2 cuzins who are undeer 16 who have had children 3 who concevied at the age of 15 and one who conceived at 16. and guess what none of the fathers stuck around! thats another thing the men for some reason dont think the child is their resposibility! or they cant take the pressure it dosnt work that way!
I know when and if my girlfriend and I conceive I will be ready to take care of both of them. I would also like to tell some of those girls of protection its called a CONDOM, another thing that ive noticed is that girls think that if they take a birth control pill and go have sex they'll be fine dont think so! you can get prgnant like any other girl

The pill does work: so long as you take it everyday. Some people think if you take it as the morning after or before pill it'll work just as well.

This doesn't sound like the actions of someone that thinks "hm, condoms, they seem good, I'll use one of them" its the actins of someone the won't believe something from official sources, but from their friends that tell them that the pill works if you tak eit the day before, and condoms don't work because "they" always but holes in them.

And frankly, if people will believe those kinds of things, its kind of inevitable they'll end up 24 with 4 kids and two of them 10 year olds.  
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 3:59 pm
-Resurrected Writer-
o.O Y u k i O.o

gonk
I know that feeling - one of my friends got knocked-up at thirteen... she's seventeen now, and got more; this time she's pregnant with sextuplets >.<
*Sigh* I kind of saw it coming - she's a nymphomaniac. sad Younger than eighteen, and a sex addict.

God, I just hope she gets the picture once the six are delivered. Any more and she'll be on the streets with half of the babies dead.

Ok, please tell me you're joking there eek

A girl I grew up with got herself up the duff at 17, only the problem was, she didn't know who the father was: the shortlist was 3 differnt guys. Her boyfriend was chuffed to say the least. Girls, if you're gonna have nookie, keep it with one guy at a time to prevent these things xp rolleyes  

Isobel Bellamy

Julien_Isfange

7,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 12:01 pm
Man I just finished collage and still liveing with the rents... and my girlfriend has 2 years to go. its saddening to see this report  
Life Issues & Fashion

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff