Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rude huh?
  Yes!!
View Results

Marukar

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:45 am
Ok religions make people CRAZY! And annoying. This is what happened to my friends and I a few weeks ago.

So we just got done with running the track and were sitting on this wall. Next to us was this guy listening to his ipod and playing with his Rubex Cube (EXTREMELY focused). So we were just kidding around. And some how we got to the topic of religion. And of my friends said something like this " Yeah, so one day my grand mom made me read the Bible... And then my grandpa told me to go to page 40, and there was 5 bucks in there! haha" And then we got to the topic of jesus. And we were kidding around saying stuff like this "I just talked to Jesus yesterday! He mowed my lawn!" Yeah, lol. It was all jokes and then that one kid said something like this " I am really offended by what you guys are talking about, could you change the topic?!?!" And all my friends just said "Uhhhh..... ok....."

How rude huh?!?!?
FREEDOM OF SPEECH!
Jeez, things like this piss me off... Anyways any thoughts/ideas/similar stories??
lol

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:56 pm
I don't get being offended by that. Being less than the common brainwashed child, I tend not to be assertive nor care of anyone's jokes, if it's an atheist joke, I might just laugh. If you have to be that assertive, go to hell where you can be as obnoxious as you want. twisted
Jesus will not mow my lawn, or else I don't get payed. Saving up for a $600 guitar is brutally penny pinching work. rolleyes  

FlamingChihuahua
Crew

[Hollow Point]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:06 pm
How rude of him? It's rather common sense for you not to even kid about Jesus, or the bible thumper will jump down your throat.

Not to mention he politely asked you to change the subject he didnt go "zomg u guyzz r goin 2 helz!!!11!!1one!!!" people can be easily offended on such topics maybe watch what you say next time.

You cant expect to make comments like that and, because youre an atheist, think that everyone will agree and get a good laugh from it.  
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 9:33 am
JESUS MOWED YOUR LAWN! Ugh, I asked him to do my laundry the other day and he said that it wasn't his job and yet he mowed your lawn!? What a p***k xD.

My friend and I got yelled at the other day in Science class. We were finished our work so we started saying stuff like "Haha the Bible contradicts itself in sooo many ways" and "Who the ******** would let a book run their life?". Then some prep yelled at us xD. Although I don't normally talk like that if I know that someone will get offended. I wouldn't like people saying that I was a tool for being an Atheist or anything.

User Image

[.Julie Booly.]

Heterosexual Fa gg ot
Captain

[x] Natasha [x]

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 12:12 pm
I'd have to agree with HP....and one of my best friends is very religious and reads the Bible every night. She's an amazing people and it's good to see things from someone else's point of view every now and then.

I hate people like you, you seem ignorant at other people's beliefs and need to learn a bit of respect.  
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 12:23 pm
Freedom of Speech does NOT mean you can say whatever you want. You wouldnt call a black man a ******, would you? You wouldnt just up and call a girl a c**t would you? The same thing applies. That's the beauty of our country, we have these freedoms, but we are so diverse we need to be careful how to use them. Responsibility of using our rights is a big deal, I see it as a privilege to have these rights, just like any privilege it matters how you use them. Just because I'm allowed the right to bear arms does not mean I can go to a school and start shooting s**t up. The same thing applies.  

[Hollow Point]

music4life1377

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 3:32 pm
My parents foce me to go to CCD class, and i try to be polite to the "teachers" but every inteligent answer i give is wrong. The answer is always "god" or "god is good" HOW ANNOYING!  
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 8:58 am
this is not true, .. i have good friends that are religious.

annoying people are annoying wink  

Birous

Xia Momo Capernicus

Sparkly Pumpkin

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 3:27 pm
Annoying yes, rude no. If you are going to dis religion, you will get negitive remarks back. You don't stand there and take rude remarks against Atheist do you? So why can't they stand up for what they believe in?

Besides, if you act like an intellectual and challange them, it works better.

...well that was the mature part of me talking. I personally love to dis the bible. If someone gets pissy, I tell them too ******** off (or I challange them).  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:33 pm
that's not so bad, most people I know would just FLIP OUT. I mean sounds like he asked politely compared to what I'm use to. I was talking wit a friend, about my fav show, and I just said something like " this chick was like the virgin mary" and he's just like, can you not say stuff like that, it's offensive. You can't compare virgin mary to ANYONE, she's special to us so don't talk about her. confused
he also told me I'm going to hell cause I'm not baptised, and I'm a perfect example of why they should bring religiong back into schools and so on. Like yeesh, if I'm so horrible y u hanging around me  

CrazyCatExtreme

Crooked_Lamb

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 3:29 pm
Well this group of kids previously hazed one of my wicca friends, and i found out too late they were all in my 3rd period class last year.

The entire year i ignored them not realising who they were, then a feild trip came around, where my wicca friend joined me. The entire trip the said mean things, like they were damning us to hell. We ignored them laughing at how stupid it was. I don't believe in hell it can't exist.

Then they start praying for us LOUDLY!!! the teacher didn't care she thought it was hilarious. So on our lucnh break we go into a dollar store, and bought a bible. All we did was carry it around proving the "holy text" had no obvious or affect at all on us. The shut up for awhile.

Once back at school they shoved us into lockers and did more hell damning, my friend turns to them and yell.

'I hope you get crusified just like your god!" They start laughing

the next day i get harrasssed during class cause im associated to the hertics, (I keep a low profile at being atheist at school cause s**t happens) And my friend and i get called to the office.

We got in trouble because she said one thing. After all those people did to us.

Religion gets away with so much now days.

And, it really pisses me off, doesn't their god say not to judge...but to forgive and accept? or something like that. Their disregaurding their religion... so i think we know whos going to "hell"  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:49 pm
Marukar
Ok religions make people CRAZY! And annoying. This is what happened to my friends and I a few weeks ago.

So we just got done with running the track and were sitting on this wall. Next to us was this guy listening to his ipod and playing with his Rubex Cube (EXTREMELY focused). So we were just kidding around. And some how we got to the topic of religion. And of my friends said something like this " Yeah, so one day my grand mom made me read the Bible... And then my grandpa told me to go to page 40, and there was 5 bucks in there! haha" And then we got to the topic of jesus. And we were kidding around saying stuff like this "I just talked to Jesus yesterday! He mowed my lawn!" Yeah, lol. It was all jokes and then that one kid said something like this " I am really offended by what you guys are talking about, could you change the topic?!?!" And all my friends just said "Uhhhh..... ok....."

How rude huh?!?!?
FREEDOM OF SPEECH!
Jeez, things like this piss me off... Anyways any thoughts/ideas/similar stories??
lol

everybody throughs this freedom of speech around
but truth is u just need to learn to respect other religions
u can disbeleive god but it doesnt mean u should rub it in their faces  

Veinlash

Veinlash

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:50 pm
throws* my bad ><  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:30 pm
I don't consider that to be rude, He or She did ask politely to change the subject, your arrogance seems to be a bit on the rude side, remember the constitution reads "Freedome OF Religion" not "Freedome From Religion" this country was founded on individuality and i agree with HP that one should be responsible with their freedoms, but also not to the point of being extra careful not to offend people, people will get offended for any slight reason.  

Cannibal Joe

Gabrielle Proctor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:47 pm
If you have a problem with what someone is saying, leave, you don't have to stay and listen. If there is no way you can change your position, then yes, ask someone politely to change the subject. But no one is forcing you to "bear the cross".

And if some person is talking about Jesus and you politely ask them to change the subject, nope, not happening. Respecting someone's religion doesn't mean giving them a free ride through life. If that person had any respect for YOU they would have made their own change of environment.

And what the OP said WAS freedom of speech. I know the point you're trying to get across, but it doesn't apply in this situation. Hate speech is not included in free speech. Saying that Jesus mowed your lawn is not hate speech, no matter how the religious will try to spin it by saying it's "persecution". Having clever, funny, light hearted banter about Jesus is not the same thing as calling someone a "n****r".

Rude? Maybe, maybe not. But it's just like a Christian to have someone else bend to their will to aviod "offensive" talk instead of trying to change their own situation for themselves.

Simple fact: If you have a problem with what someone is saying, don't listen, change the channel, change the the radio station, walk away, click "back" on your internet browser! You don't have to be an offended eavesdropper if you don't want to be. And that applies to EVERYONE, not just Christians. That's what I do when my family starts discussing their cult, I leave the room and do something else. That way, no one is offended.  
~.The Atheist Guild.~

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff