Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
Help!!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BobbySoxer01

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:54 am
Ok so the swim season, and I might add I lost a total of NOTHING even doign 90 minute workouts each day, is over in two weeks and shortly after that I have to wear a swim suit in front of my p.e. class!!! now I think if I lose about 10-20 lbs I'll be in shape for a swim suit, I'm just barely scimming the healthy weight range, so i'm planning on doing and Ab's workout video every day for a few weeks, to trim my problem area but wil that be enough and what kind of cardio should I do, since I HATE running!  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:22 pm
Well, don't forget that those 90 minute workouts are building muscle which weighs SO much more than fat. So even if you are losing fat, the extra muscle could be evening out your weight. As for cardio, I highly reccomend Dance Dance Revolution (dance mats can go for as cheap as $20, and if you get an old PS1 and an old PS1 DDR game those are cheap 'cause they're old, and I prefer the songs on the old mixes anyway razz ). People are going to get soooo sick of me reccomending that, but it's really really fun AND a great workout. 3nodding  

__penguin__
Captain

dangerousfish

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:51 pm
Marching in place, can be done any where and will get your heart rate pumping. Pump your arms and legs and try and do it through a 30 minute TV show work up to an hour long show!

Walking around the neighborhood at a good pace. You want to do at least 30 minutes of moderately intense cardio most days a week (one rest day, at least) and 45 minutes is better. Work your way up. You may want to start with 3 days a week or 10 minutes everyday.

Squats, pushups, dips, all of these are good non-weight bearing muscle activities that don't require equipment.

FYI, muscle doesn't weigh more than fat a pound is a pound. But much like a pound of bricks and a pound of feathers, muscle is much more dense than fat. So you get more muscle in a smaller, more compact space (hot).One pound of fat vs one pound of muscle

Your swim workouts are doing good, don't worry. All physical activity is good.  
Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games