Reply Fantasy Books Guild
Raymond E Feist Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cassandra_the_Prophetess

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 4:24 am
Hi all! I'm a HUGE fan of Raymond E Feist! He got me hooked on fantasy! We have just started an RP based on his books if anyone is interested, heres the link:

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8854642&page=1  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 9:08 am
sweatdrop I'm not sure that I've read any of his stuff. What are some of the books he wrote?  

FaeDreamer

Dapper Gaian

1,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Window Shopper 100

Cassandra_the_Prophetess

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 12:47 am
He is the greatest fantasy author ever!

The Riftwar Saga:
Magician
Silverthorn
A Darkness at Sethanon
Prince of the Blood
A Kings Buccaneer

The Serpentwar saga:
Shadow of a Dark Queen
Rise of a Merchant Pronce
Rage of a Demon King
Shards of a Broken Crown

The Empire Series:
Daughter of the Empire
Servant of the Empire
Mistress of the Empire

The Shadowleague:
Talon of the Silver Hawk
King of Foxes
Exiles Return

The Krondor Series:
Krondor: the Betrayal
Krondor: The Assassins
Krondor: Tear of the Gods

And:
Faerie Tale

Magician is my favourite!  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 9:25 am
Ahhh, I knew I recognized the name, I played Betrayal in Antara (a game based on his books) when I had the chicken pox....lol blaugh lol

Haven't actually read any of his stuff yet, I'll have to check it out!  

FaeDreamer

Dapper Gaian

1,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Window Shopper 100

Cassandra_the_Prophetess

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 9:55 pm
Haha kool, you shall have to! I know that theres a game called Krondor: The Betrayal, but i've never played it. Never heard of Antara though....  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 8:25 am
Antara's the first game and Krondor's the second if I remember correctly. It's been years since I've played so I don't remember very well... neutral  

FaeDreamer

Dapper Gaian

1,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Window Shopper 100

Cassandra_the_Prophetess

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 2:52 am
Ah OK, that makes sense! Ah well the books are fantastic anyway!  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 8:07 pm
I've only read 'The Magician'.. it was quite fantastic though!
I've also got 'FairyTale' but I havn't had time to read it yet..

Rylash

Cassandra_the_Prophetess

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 2:22 am
Magician is by far his best! Faerie Tale is very dark, more of a modern fantasy.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 11:43 pm
there's more to The Riftwar Saga!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? my dad only owns the first 3!!!!! *grrr* must remedy this situation... and then read them... i loved those books!!!! i've been thinking about re-reading them recently and now i probably will so i can discuss  

Marlaina

Cassandra_the_Prophetess

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 6:57 pm
Oh my goodness! Yes, yes, yes! In fact, most of his books continue on from the Riftwar! They are about the concecutive generations, ie: Decendants of Arutha, Jimmy, Pug, Tomas, etc.

EG: The Empire Series takes place DURING the Riftwar, except on Kelewan, the Serpentwar Saga comes next, followed by Conclave of Shadows (this is about 100 years after Magician). I also heard that following on from there will be a new trilogy called the Darkwar Saga, to be published in the near future.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 7:00 am
I did enjoy Feist's books, though I only have the first Riftwar trilogy. Some of his characters really annoyed me...like the elf queen...but there were enough cool characters to make up for her (Jimmy the Hand! heart ) and he had some really awesome ideas.  

Crazy Pigeon Lady

Cassandra_the_Prophetess

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 7:49 pm
Sakura_Shinguji-Albatou
I did enjoy Feist's books, though I only have the first Riftwar trilogy. Some of his characters really annoyed me...like the elf queen...but there were enough cool characters to make up for her (Jimmy the Hand! heart ) and he had some really awesome ideas.

Aw! what was wrong with her? I guess she was a bit snobby, but Tomas put her in her place, haha. Anyway, Jimmy was great, a bit of comic relief i thought.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 8:14 am
beach-babe-17
Sakura_Shinguji-Albatou

Aw! what was wrong with her? I guess she was a bit snobby, but Tomas put her in her place, haha. Anyway, Jimmy was great, a bit of comic relief i thought.

I think the part about her getting pregnant with Tomas really miffed me. In my opinion, Elf Queens should have a little more dignity than that. She was really the only one in that trilogy that I just couldn't stand, though.
heart Jimmy the Hand.

Crazy Pigeon Lady

Marsel_lilas

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 11:04 am
I've only read Magician, Apprentice, Silverthorn and Darkness of (I forgot the last word..it's been too long since I've read it)

Actually Fiest was the one who got me hooked on elves....*grins*  
Fantasy Books Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces