Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply ~.The Atheist Guild.~
What do you and other humans want once you are dead?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bluuberry

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:24 pm
Now I do tend to think that sometimes i feel as if I'm able to think more deeply about matters than other humans simply because I go through a process of disabling bariers and censorship. Im probably wrong but its only when you accept that you are allways wrong that you can try to correct yourself and move closer to a thruth with which you may feel comfortable.

Now on one of my ridicously long trains of thought, what do humans want after they are dead? This is where the thoughts of afterlives of heavens and hells come in.

So please post
1. What you want after you die.
2. What you think others want after they die. (Well since others will probably post wht they want indiidually you'll get a closer look into their views but please see that they are only a very small fraction of the population so think in a very general way)

Personnaly
1. Perhaps an end where I don't have to think about the life I just spent, but do any way. And then i forget. A sort of heaven in complete serenity even devoid of myself. So no new information would enter my thought. Ofcourse the hell counterpart would be a place where new information is constantly poured into my mind without a barrier of human choice. In short heaven= peace, hell= constant mindstorm.
2. As for others, i can only speculate that they would want the same things as I do at the core of their wants. I'm human, they're human. Only details that encompas most of their thoughts, theories, conjectures, beliefs, and mostly everything else would be different than mine. Probably because we spend most of our lives with ourselves as singular human beings. Maybe the next step is complete singularity of mankind and the eventual commen death of that being? In short, the same as me only different in details.

Now i did write this right after I read some stuff on surrealism so forgive my spelling and grammar mistakes (PUN intended).

Ps. -Hell is ruled by angels because they are best at torture.
by- me
Comment- Even though an atheist i can still see the moral in that.
left by- me

If this confuzled anyone of you readers (congratz for making it this far) don't forget to leave a 'Moo' in your post.

Now many of us ( including me) don't believe in an afterlife. BUt I'm talking WHAT IF so don't say I don't believe in it and then not put what you'd like in an IF-situation.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:19 am
Ehh, your idea of heaven seems great, and I'm sure lots of people want it, but we all know great things don't always happen.
If someone was sinless (which is impossible) and went to heaven, what would there be to regret and forget?
Your idea of hell seems to be an amplification of the stress on earth for most peoples lives, hmm?
I don't think ETERNAL damnation seems fair, people learn their lessons after a while, right?
I believe there is no afterlife, so my views might seem obscure.....  

FlamingChihuahua
Crew

Marukar

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:37 am
Interesting.
I am completely sure of what I believe but heres what I think so far.
I don't believe in any hell or heaven like what the church wants us to believe. Because its stupid, If "God" made us why would he want to punish us by sending us to hell? Would you punish your kids with eternal punishment? Alittle harsh I would think.
But this is what I think:
I believe in ghosts and the astral plane. Maybe we just go on the astral plane... Or maybe we just be ghosts.
But thats just what I think.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:17 pm
Well I would like to think there is somewhere to go after death, and frankly the concept that there is even a possibility that there is nowhere frightens me. I've been thinking over what the bible says, my opinion on what the bible says, and what other options there could be. I personally dont want to buy into the reincarnation thing, it's just a little far fetched for me.

As Marukar mentioned about planes. I agree with that to some level but even that seems a little redundant of Heaven and Hell. I think to truly get an idea of what I think you have to understand the human psyche, or soul.

Quote:
I have been compelled, in my investigations into the structure of the unconscious, to make a conceptual distinction between soul and psyche. By psyche, I understand the totality of all psychic processes, conscious as well as unconscious. By soul, on the other hand, I understand a clearly demarcated functional complex that can best be described as a "personality". (Jung, 1971: Def. 48 par. 797)

What Carl Jung wrote is almost what I feel. The human psyche I see as being the consciousness of the body, the consciousness of human thought, while the soul is a separate piece altogether that regulates the conscious and the guides thought, rather than what many people see them as one in the same.

When the body dies what happens to the psyche? I believe the psyche dies with the body, just as [perceivable] thought dies when you go unconscious. While the soul goes on to another place and becomes more of a purity than the human body was, that is pure emotion, pure thought, however you want to look at it.

I began to form this idea after reading Beyond the Wall of Sleep a short story fiction written by H.P. Lovecraft, after reading it I began to find interest in the capacity of human thought and such philosophy as I mentioned above.

Beyond the Wall of Sleep  

[Hollow Point]

Heterosexual Fa gg ot
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:32 pm
-Thinks-

Chocolate? I'm really not sure. All of my friends and family I guess. But most definately chocolate and Davey Havok <33

User Image

[.Julie Booly.]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:13 pm
What I want after I die? Another life. It would be cool if you kept coming back life after life. But you wouldn't remember the past life.
Other people believe in heaven and hell. Heaven is paradise and hell is your worst nightmare.  

puma28

[x] Natasha [x]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 3:06 am
Well, as there was a point before I was born where I didn't exist I think I'll go back to that sense of unmadeness when I die.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:47 am
I'll dance like no one's watching!  

Cloud0.0Strife

Veinlash

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:26 pm
Bluuberry
Now I do tend to think that sometimes i feel as if I'm able to think more deeply about matters than other humans simply because I go through a process of disabling bariers and censorship. Im probably wrong but its only when you accept that you are allways wrong that you can try to correct yourself and move closer to a thruth with which you may feel comfortable.

Now on one of my ridicously long trains of thought, what do humans want after they are dead? This is where the thoughts of afterlives of heavens and hells come in.

So please post
2. What you think others want after they die. (Well since others will probably post wht they want indiidually you'll get a closer look into their views but please see that they are only a very small fraction of the population so think in a very general way)

Personnaly
1. Perhaps an end where I don't have to think about the life I just spent, but do any way. And then i forget. A sort of heaven in complete serenity even devoid of myself. So no new information would enter my thought. Ofcourse the hell counterpart would be a place where new information is constantly poured into my mind without a barrier of human choice. In short heaven= peace, hell= constant mindstorm.
2. As for others, i can only speculate that they would want the same things as I do at the core of their wants. I'm human, they're human. Only details that encompas most of their thoughts, theories, conjectures, beliefs, and mostly everything else would be different than mine. Probably because we spend most of our lives with ourselves as singular human beings. Maybe the next step is complete singularity of mankind and the eventual commen death of that being? In short, the same as me only different in details.

Now i did write this right after I read some stuff on surrealism so forgive my spelling and grammar mistakes (PUN intended).

Ps. -Hell is ruled by angels because they are best at torture.
by- me
Comment- Even though an atheist i can still see the moral in that.
left by- me

If this confuzled anyone of you readers (congratz for making it this far) don't forget to leave a 'Moo' in your post.

Now many of us ( including me) don't believe in an afterlife. BUt I'm talking WHAT IF so don't say I don't believe in it and then not put what you'd like in an IF-situation.

when i die
i would like to be reborn to live again... -sigh- too bad
mooo  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 5:14 pm
I wan't to be burried in one of those nifty Gasget type of Caskets. That way, with enough bodily gasses building up in there, the coffine will over heat, converting my corpse into a form of stew, and since the gases will keep building up, make the casket explode.
I don't believe in a soul, to me, that's just electrical currents sent from our brain to every nook and cranny of our bodies to help us move and help our heart beat.
Or
Have my body used for some sort of Re-Animator type experiment.... That would be pretty cool.  

Cannibal Joe

Metals_Gospel

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:39 pm
i believe know nothing will happen becuase we such as all things in nature will just rot away and restart the creation of life. after death life continues on though us as we begin to deterilize we will feed the insects which will feast on our protiens and rot to refritilize this earth and so on. but as for a beginning spiritualy... i will allow you to judge that... if u are looking for religious history or beliefs, meanings of, and how religion plays part in blinded men look at my journals and comment.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:06 pm
This is what I want.
{{If you have Macromedia flash.}}

Levis Pennae

Dapper Citizen

6,400 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50

[Hollow Point]

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 7:00 pm
What? No serious debate here? Come on, guys. Lets get a good discussion going between each other, this is boring!  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:15 am
tenjou_tenge
i believe know nothing will happen becuase we such as all things in nature will just rot away and restart the creation of life. after death life continues on though us as we begin to deterilize we will feed the insects which will feast on our protiens and rot to refritilize this earth and so on. but as for a beginning spiritualy... i will allow you to judge that... if u are looking for religious history or beliefs, meanings of, and how religion plays part in blinded men look at my journals and comment.

I have thought about this too.
I think it would be neat to just give back to what earth has given us.
I dont believe in a god or a goddess but I do believe that there is a driving force and that for me is life its self.

It is kinda scary to think that when we die we will be nothing.
I think in society it is hard to grasp this because we are constantly aware of our selves and how we came about was because of being born of life so imagining a void or black hole of an afterlife...in other words, nonexistance is hard to imagine...it still scares me in a way because it is a fear of the unknown. Being separated from everything familiar.

But while others focus on the afterlife and sending prayers to symbolic gods I just try to focus on living this life because I dont really know what is going to happen after death. I will just have to wait and see. But what I do know is that I have this one life and I dont want to waste it on a worry of 'what if' because that to me is not living and I dont think it is much fun to die twice.  

shikonmaiden07

alpha male tayo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 4:06 pm
Quote:
So please post

1. After i die
What about...

fly as vertical as i can to the end of the universe?

sleep with the girls?

spent my time to visit exoplanets...?

Do some research to become a God?

Make me alive one more time?

design a time machine?

going into a black hole?

laughing all those religious idiots?

bitchslap the God?

I think the real issue at the moment is that the afterlife is still a complete mystery for science. There is a lot of testimonials about its existent, but all come from the living human, not the dead that resurrect (however, some claim for poltergeist seem possible).

I think it is getting harder to get the afterlife probe to work even if they are very good because you have to get them working as well as the living systems out there. I see no revolutions but a lot of development so lets keep the experimentation and the discussion going...

All the best,

Tayo Sandono  
~.The Atheist Guild.~

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces