Reply ~Pichi Talk~
Proper Spellings of Character Names

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

`raze

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:10 am
Many people today still follow the ill-translated spellings of the first fansubs of Mermaid Melody. These are indeed wrong, and official merchandise, certain anime screenshots, and the manga clear up the spellings.

-- I am not looking at the English dubbed manga, but they have the spellings right except for "Gackto", which is a pun as stated in the manga.

The correct spellings of the princesses are:
- Lucia
- Hanon
- Rina
- Caren
- Noel
- Coco
- Sara
- Seira

Villains:
- Gaito(anime)/Gakuto(manga)
- Eriru/Eril (according to Live Start's: Dark Lovers page, it is spelt Eril, but that is to be confirmed.)
- Izuuru/Izul (once again, LS biggrin L page claims it to be Izul, but according to Pearl Song it is Izuuru)
- Yuuri (Yuri is an English spelling of the name, and is technically still right.)
- Maria
- Sheshe
- Mimi
- Michel (Not Mikeru or Mikel. Please view Pearl Song's Helpful Name page for info on this.)
- Fuku-chan
- Lady Bat
- Lanhua
- Alala (Arara is correct, but in the anime they spell out her name as Alala)

Other:
Nikora
Kaito
Hippo
Tarou Mitsuki
Aqua Regina
Amagi Rihito
Amagi Michal

Often Used Improper Spellings:
Luchia, Lusia, Hannon, Lina, Karen, Nuil, Noelle, KoKo, Sarah, Gaitou, Kaitou, Mikeru, Mikaru, Micheal, Mikal, Mikel, Ran Pha.

List of Helpful Links:
Pearl Song
Live Start!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 5:15 pm
3nodding

yup. all right. But I will always spell Lucia, Luchia. Even though I have known for ages that thats wrong. I watch too many fansubs.

And the wrong spellings often come from the way the names are pronounce
see..

spelling = pronounced
gackto = gakutou
Rina =Lina
Lucia = Luchia
Michel = Mikal

and so on...

As for Arara japanese "r"s are pronouced almost like our "l"s making her Alala :3

-Rina_Touin-

rocking_legend

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 7:13 pm
i made a mistake! sorry!  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:36 pm
ok thats just stange the oficial mermaid melody SITE SPELT IT LUCHIA ok maybe it is right @_@ Lucia Luchia hmmmmm so strange did they make an error or is it actualy Luchia? strange @)@  

Sakura_Haruno5544-

Aquora

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:19 pm
Last names can also be a problem too... As I have had to resort to using the English spelling of Houshou as there was already a Hanon Hosho.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:20 am
Well, I learned the spellings in www.youtube.com, but thanks for the info. Though this doesn't mean I'm changing my name from Luchia to Lucia! It makes me feel less of an impostor! (you can see this line in my profile too! If you want you can check it out!)  

Lady Micaiah

Bleuraven123

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:22 pm
Quote:
Rina_Touin-
Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:15 pm

yup. all right. But I will always spell Lucia, Luchia. Even though I have known for ages that thats wrong. I watch too many fansubs.

And the wrong spellings often come from the way the names are pronounce
see..

spelling = pronounced
gackto = gakutou
Rina =Lina
Lucia = Luchia
Michel = Mikal

and so on...

As for Arara japanese "r"s are pronouced almost like our "l"s making her Alala :3

yeah... I guess that's right. I also don't wanna spell Luchia(I'm used to it) to Lucia.. I think Japanese can hardly pronounce the letter "l" sweatdrop so I guess Arara and Alala are quite the same.. Maybe the spelling is Alala but they just pronounce it as "arara" like "rina" for lina... smile  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:54 am
yea there all spelt right biggrin  

xxlove890xx

~Pichi Talk~

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas