Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply Gaian British Guild
Take Aways Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

She Wrote It Hallelujah

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 2:40 pm
Is it really supprising that the most popular Meal in england is a Curry neutral Personal i perfer Chinese Food. What about you guys?

discuse the growing number of fast food resterants and take aways also ur fav dish  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 3:17 pm
Well, I think Chinese pales into comparison when you consider Thai (the best), Vietnamese, and Japanese food. Though, if I was pushed a great curry is better than a great Chinese.

Oh, saag gosht is my fav dish. *_*  

A Lost Iguana

Aged Pants

9,100 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Boolean Julian
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 3:24 pm
Curry pwns.
That is all I have to say on the matter.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 5:13 am
I want to go to a far eastern country and create a "Traditional English Food" restuarant. I wonder how successful that would be.  

Zoutout

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 7:05 am
Zoutout
I want to go to a far eastern country and create a "Traditional English Food" restuarant. I wonder how successful that would be.

Excellent, try Tokyo or something. Maybe Hong Kong.

I'd buy shares..

..perhaps foolishly.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 8:07 am
I don't think I've ever eaten take-out. I'm too lazy. But Vietnamise food is the best (excluding microwaved everything-in-the-fridge pitta pizas)  

and_solo_said

Fourcolour

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 10:32 am
Not to be pedantic but I've never heard a British person use the phrase take-out. The yanks have clearly over-taken your subconscious mind. wink

I am a great fan of chips. In my experience, Chinese take-aways make superior chips to any other kind of takeaway, even English ones.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 12:14 pm
Fourcolour
Not to be pedantic but I've never heard a British person use the phrase take-out.

Then you sir have led a very sheltered life. There is nothing overly yakish about the phrase, it is simply used for its length advantage over 'take-away', and the fact that it does not imply Chinese food  

and_solo_said

Fourcolour

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 1:13 pm
Perhaps it is widely used in some places, but apparently not in Leicestershire.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 2:05 am
Fourcolour
Not to be pedantic but I've never heard a British person use the phrase take-out. The yanks have clearly over-taken your subconscious mind. wink

I think you mean taken over, if we're being pedantic.  

Boolean Julian
Crew

girl_no_13

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 1:34 am
Fourcolour

I am a great fan of chips. In my experience, Chinese take-aways make superior chips to any other kind of takeaway, even English ones.

Mine too, there is something odd about that....

Mmm- Japanese food! Though I have only ever had it in a restaurant, so it doesnt really count as take-away. In that case Chine is the best by far, or buying huge amounts of chocolate cake and fruit juice to eat in a park- hurrah for picnics!  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 6:52 am
I eat a lot of Indian food at home but I don't eat it as a Take-away, I only have a take-away once week and then it's normally Pizza or McDonalds (only the fish-burger, I'm afaid I can't part from my little fish).  

alicelights

alicelights

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 7:00 am
Issue
Apparently we have better quality international food than the Americans (resturants and take-away places). I speak for Indian and Thai food mostly though. Has anybody else noticed this? with other take-away foods even?

I've heard it from a fair number of my relatives who live there (uncle B, aunt R, too many cousins for comfort).

Possiable Reason
I wonder if this is because the Americans have the clear sence of American-ism. Whereas over here, it's seems part of our culture to have a peopetual identity crisis. In terms of the foreigners who could bring quality food, they loose whatever culture they had because they become 'American' instead (and adapt stuff hugely)

I am sure that made no sence, forgive me. I'm ill sad  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 7:04 am
Invictus_88
Zoutout

Excellent, try Tokyo or something. Maybe Hong Kong.

I'd buy shares..

..perhaps foolishly.

ha ha, is this a case of 'white man's burden'. Must populate the world with the wonders of English food? sweatdrop I'd buy shares because I'd love to see how people would react to the resturant, take a tour there and learn something about the bussiness world...  

alicelights

KimchiNoodle

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 6:08 pm
She Wrote It Hallelujah
Is it really supprising that the most popular Meal in england is a Curry neutral Personal i perfer Chinese Food. What about you guys?

discuse the growing number of fast food resterants and take aways also ur fav dish

I do prefer Chinese myself.  
Gaian British Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces