Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
WitchSchool.com and Correllian Wicca is for sale Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Doctrix

Blessed Friend

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:38 pm
WitchSchool.com (and the "License to Don Lewis Correllian Wicca" with the "perpetual right to provide FIRST, SECOND and THIRD DEGREES.") is for sale on eBay!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250102654667

For those who don't know, they've been selling an online course in their tradition of "Wicca" for years. I got "initiated" through snail mail by them years before they had that site. (It was supposed to take a year but I did it in a couple weeks.) I'm actually some kind of lifetime mentor or something, not that my elite status had them fix any of the typos I pointed out on the course. The Correllian clergy email list has had some drama a few months or so ago with an internal schism, and now this. Lots of people are pissed off by this latest development. Any opinions here in the Guild?  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:53 am
Perhaps the silliest and most depressing thing I've seen since Anna Nicole Smith, alive or dead.

Be nice if someone with some sense would pick it up and not run it like a damned business...but I doubt such a thing will happen.  

Kuroiban

Dapper Explorer

2,450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100

Pelta

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:25 am
Actually the best thing for it would be if the entire site went under and we never heard of it again.

Maybe the domain name could be purchased by right wing fundies to "re-educate" strayed pagans... rolleyes  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:45 am
Pelta
Actually the best thing for it would be if the entire site went under and we never heard of it again.

Maybe the domain name could be purchased by right wing fundies to "re-educate" strayed pagans... rolleyes
Dollars to donuts says it will be bought out by a domain reseller, who will run entire pages of Google Adwords and AdSense ads all up ins. And who, of course, will be willing to resell it for the low price of $50,000.  

Henry Dorsett Case

Doctrix

Blessed Friend

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:14 pm
Kuroiban
Perhaps the silliest and most depressing thing I've seen since Anna Nicole Smith, alive or dead.
Pelta

I am inclined to agree.

Pelta
Maybe the domain name could be purchased by right wing fundies to "re-educate" strayed pagans...

That was in one of the Ebay questions and answers.

witchschool
Quote:
I am a student and have just found out about the sale. May I ask....What protection is in place to prevent a wealthy christian organization from purchasing this to prevent it from growing or even existing?

Well, that's a good question....I reserve the right to refuse any sale at the end. But this is where Pagans are all about their community, and about how we operate. This could also be said about Llewllyn, New Page or any of a hundred other businesses, that if Christians wanted to buy any of them out and close them when they can. The war for book shelves is about money as well, and The Left Behind Group has pushhed out Pagan Books. The fact is Christian can buy and sell us all out at anytime if they choose to. I am not planning to sell to a known Christian Group. Also this is not a monopoly, there are a lot of school, all more expensive than WS has been, and nothing can keep Wicca from growing. You should read my article on wicca becoming the Third largest religion. This whole sale is about the maturity of us as a community in many many ways.
I'm not sure if he can legally refuse sale to a valid auction winner. Even in his question answers he says:

witchschool
I will abide by the Auction, which is legally binding as per eBay.

Kuroiban
Be nice if someone with some sense would pick it up and not run it like a damned business...but I doubt such a thing will happen.

Yeah, he's sure selling it like a business.

witchschool
Witch School is a powerful site capable of reaching a global audience that numbers into hundreds of thousands. Understand that this auction will go, and many people are beginning to realize it is for sale. There is no debt when transferred and can be a source of revenue. In fact, most of the profits have been funnelled into supporting Correllian members one way or another, from free conferences, to plane tickets, to any number of incidental costs. I will be giving a better breakdown of income flow tonight for public posting...I already put out the subscription revenue.
witchschool
Basically Witch school can be and is a business that produces at least 5 jobs for Wiccans for at least 3 years.
witchschool
I generate revenue through subscriptions, direct sales of our own copyrights, in many different forms, selling of Minispells, and through several other smaller channels. I am willing to discuss further financial matters
witchschool
FOR SOFTWARE COMPANIES:
If you ignore the Witch School Aspects and look at the actual software component.

Witch School is completely proprietary software. All functions built into the system was created and designed to solve the sites problems from scratch. It remains a very smooth peer-to-peer education system. Unlike other systems, Witch School's underlying software was created and designed to serve communication between mentors, students and self-learners to produce a anytime, anyplace, anywhere education system. No royalties, licenses or patents are involved. This makes it very rare and surprisingly good investment for any software company.

We have a Transcript system, Automated Tests, Teacher editable Courses, Over 100 different levels of students possible, a rotating advertising system shown on all basic students pages, A virtual candle function, internal announcement and messenger system. [...] WITCH SCHOOL EBAY ACCOUNT
This is a significant, high quality site that has allowed us to develop income. It sells the unusual as well as regularly listed items. It alone produces between $3,000 to $6,000 monthly income on the average. During the 4th quarter we have had higher amounts. [...] FOR SOFTWARE COMPANIES:
The Dictionary is fully expandable with multiple glossaries, multiple data entry level systems, with full word management. Built to incorporate video and images for the glossary. Further the Applet can be run on any website to provide this dictionary on any site. The Skin can be easily changed and made to serve any number of schools.

This glossary can be spun off as it's own site, and also be the component for creating a sellable piece of software under the right programmers and designers.
================================================================

PRODUCTS: MINISPELLS
MINISPELLS.COM
This is a complete turnkey production of the first Spell for a Dollar. We have everything you need to produce these products at a manufacturing level. As few as one person, preferably three can produce over 3,000 a week, and more and sell them. Customers include Dollar Stores, metaphysical, eBayers, plus lots of end customers.

This includes all the over 150 spells, the system of making them, templates, etc. easy to make, and they are easy to sell. They have been featured in Wholesale Source Magazine.

We have already sold over 100,000 of them, Since the began 5/5/5.
This project is in desperate need of a salesman.

FOR MANUFACTURERS AND CRAFTERS:

This is a totally in house micro manufacturing company that can be easily scaled up. With all the equipment we can provide, along with suppliers and training, having you produce them in sufficient quantity as to be able to show and sell at INATS in June. These are a high value item that can provide steady jobs, steady sales, and be an independent source of revenue and profits.

FACTS:
According to rankings.com: as of April 8th, 2007:
Witch School is the 606,630th largest Website in the World and has 44,476 Links

Witchschool.com began as the Daily Spell, publishing the Daily lessons of Don Lewis of the Correllian Tradition, in 1998. By Sept. 2001, it became important to start the site with Don Lewis, Ed Hubbard, and Lisa Tuit.
[...] Again this is a comprehensive site that earns income on a daily basis, through subscriptions and through sales, as well as advertising.

MEMBERSHIP/Subscription REVENUE:
September 2002 - 2003: $55,486.62
October 2003- Sept. 2004: $82,046.00
October 2004 - September 2005: $89,947.50
October 2005 - December 2005: $30,351.30
Jan 2006 - December 2006: $82,3437.29

This does not include revenue from items from sales such as our own books, CD's, and Minspells.

Henry Dorsett Case
Dollars to donuts says it will be bought out by a domain reseller, who will run entire pages of Google Adwords and AdSense ads all up ins. And who, of course, will be willing to resell it for the low price of $50,000.

Yeah, that's a lot of domains they own. That scenario might just not be a bad thing.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:58 am
Every time I hear the phrase "Corellian Wiccan" I think of Han Solo as a practitioner of the Craft. mrgreen  

godhi

Annalixa

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 3:13 am
Why yes, selling your no-residency "Wiccan college" that you refer to in your press release as a "cyber Hogwarts" to the highest bidder on eBay is rather illegitimate! You're wondering why I don't take you seriously? Here, cash this reality check.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 11:39 am
godhi
Every time I hear the phrase "Corellian Wiccan" I think of Han Solo as a practitioner of the Craft.

Y'know, a lot of folks have mentioned that "correllian" was something from Star Wars. Could you enlighten me? I'm not a Star Wars buff.

Annalixa
Why yes, selling your no-residency "Wiccan college" that you refer to in your press release as a "cyber Hogwarts" to the highest bidder on eBay is rather illegitimate! You're wondering why I don't take you seriously? Here, cash this reality check.

Oh yeah! That press release was priceless! I'll post it here for everybody.

http://www.prweb.com/releases/Witch/School/prweb517797.htm
World's Largest Witch School for Sale

Starting Wednesday, April 11th, WitchSchool.com will be auctioned off to the highest bidder during an eBay Auction. The World's First Online Wicca School, a Cyber Hogwart's, can add to your companies personal education in the Mystic Arts.

(PRWEB) April 11, 2007 -- Imagine if you could buy Harry Potter's Hogwart's? Well, the first and world's largest public school of Wiccan and Witches has become available for sale. Starting Wednesday, April 11th, WitchSchool.com will be auctioned off to the highest bidder during an eBay Auction. If you ever wanted your very own cyberschool of magick and witchcraft or if you would love to become the next Dumbledore, this is the auction for you.

WitchSchool.com has over 1540,000 registered students which take classes on a daily basis. It is the most comprehensive Wiccan education site in the world. It has tons of amazing features including video and a line of products, and represents a unique proprietary system of education that is world class. Included in the auction is Tarotcollege.com, Magick.tv, Paganwords.com, Wiccandictionary.com, Witchdictionary.com, Minispells.com, and much more. It is one of the amazing properties to hit the Internet, and to be available for sale makes it among the most unique opportunities in this wild age of Internet businesses.

No one takes Witches and Pagans as a serious market force. By using eBay as a platform for selling, at least we can get fair exposure. It is not like we can list this in an ordinary newspaper and be taken seriously. Of course, everyone will probably take this as a joke. But Witch School is a serious business and opportunity for the right buyer.
Why sell Witch School through eBay? Ed Hubbard states, "No one takes Witches and Pagans as a serious market force. By using eBay as a platform for selling, at least we can get fair exposure. It is not like we can list this in an ordinary newspaper and be taken seriously. Of course, everyone will probably take this as a joke. But Witch School is a serious business and opportunity for the right buyer."

Witch School is completely proprietary software. All functions built into the system were created and designed to solve the site's problems from scratch. It remains a very smooth peer-to-peer education system. Unlike other systems, Witch School's underlying software was created and designed to serve communication between mentors, students and self-learners to produce an anytime, anyplace, anywhere education system. No royalties, licenses or patents are involved. This makes it very rare and surprisingly good investment for any software company.

Witch School is still under option from SciFi to produce a reality series based on the School, and in discussion with a major publisher to publish several of the text books. Overall, Witch School is a growing and influential business in the emerging pluralistic American society.

Chairman Ed Hubbard has put Witch School on the block to give him the opportunity to pursue larger technological issues. Don Lewis, Current CEO and President, will serve while the board of directors seek a new owner. Don Lewis speculated that Witch School will be an asset to many potential companies including Google, Youtube, and publishers like Llewellyn, New Page or Warner Brothers. The opportunity for this site really quite magickal.

Maybe you can be the next owner of Witch School.

To See the Auction: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250102654667

###

Doctrix

Blessed Friend

ShadowSharrow

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:04 pm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corellia

Quote:
Corellia is a fictional planet in the Star Wars galaxy. It is the homeworld of several notable characters, including Han Solo, Wedge Antilles, and Corran Horn. It is the capital planet of the Corellian sector, which included Corellia, Selonia, Drall, Tralus, and Talus. In the days of the Galactic Republic, it was ruled by a Diktat while the sector had a seat in the Galactic Senate. Corellia most likely gets its name from the planet of Korell, a creation of Isaac Asimov in his Foundation novels, although another possibility is its location in the Galactic Core.

I really dislike the way they take mirth out of life and worship tbh.
the fact that they refer to themselfs as wiccan always bums me out.

The title of Natvist church is a load of cack as well.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:30 pm
ShadowSharrow

Quote:
Corellia is a fictional planet in the Star Wars galaxy. It is the homeworld of several notable characters, including Han Solo, Wedge Antilles, and Corran Horn. It is the capital planet of the Corellian sector, which included Corellia, Selonia, Drall, Tralus, and Talus. In the days of the Galactic Republic, it was ruled by a Diktat while the sector had a seat in the Galactic Senate. Corellia most likely gets its name from the planet of Korell, a creation of Isaac Asimov in his Foundation novels, although another possibility is its location in the Galactic Core.

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away. There came a man named Solo who declared to the cosmos, "Let there be Wicca." And Wicca was created. It is the oldest religion and was even around before the religion of paganism came about.  

jaden kendam

Boadicia

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:41 am
ShadowSharrow

Quote:

Oh, I am such a Star Wars nerd . . .

By the way, what is Natvist?  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:59 am
http://www.correllian.com/history.htm

Quote:
HISTORY

The Correllian Nativist Tradition is based upon the teachings of members of the High-Correll family. The High-Correll family were descended from a line of Cherokee Didanvwisgi who intermarried with a line of Scottish Traditional Witches, whose descendants were further influenced by Aradian Witchcraft and by the Spiritualist Church.

The founder of the Tradition is the blv. Orpheis Caroline High Correll. She is said to have founded the Tradition as an entity separate from her ancestry, on September 4, 1479 Pisces (1879 AD).

Orpheis Caroline was a practicing psychic, spiritual healer, and herbalist, and spent many years with the traveling circus which she owned with her husband, John Correll.

In creating Correllian Nativist Wicca, Orpheis Caroline drew upon her Native American heritage, as well as ideas of European Witchcraft, Spiritualism, and Hermetic thought.

The early history of the Correllian Tradition is somewhat unclear, with familial and religious structures wholly interconnected. The family followed a very formal, matriarchal and matrilinear structure with its roots in Cherokee custom, from which the current offices of the Correllian tradition derive their form.

Lady Orpheis called the Tradition simply Nativist, and this would remain the Tradition’s primary designation until the appellation of the term “Correllian Nativist” in 1592 Pisces (1992 AD), or as we now more commonly call it; Correllian.

Lady Orpheis’ Nativism was a highly political and deeply synchretic form of Pagan universalism, which stressed the need for the world’s Native (Pagan) religions to unite in the face of colonial Christianity.

Whether Correllian Nativism was originally a branch of what would later be called “Wicca” or not is a matter of debate. Correllianism’s claim to Wiccan status rests both upon Lady Orpheis’ claimed Scottish Traditional lineage, and also upon her Aradian lineage, which she acquired in 1504 Pisces (1904 AD) through Lydia Beckett, a student of Charles Leland. We would say that any such debate would be only a matter of semantics anyway.

There have been many changes instituted in the Tradition over the years, particularly in the Council of 1579 Pisces (1979 AD) and the Council of 1592 Pisces (1992 AD) both of which struggled with the necessities involved in adapting the Traditions forms to the modern world and to the needs required for a public Tradition.

The Correllium, symbol of the Correllian Tradition, was originally a personal symbol which came to be used as a familial crest by Lady Orpheis' Cherokee ancestors.

Today the Correllian Tradition has two Join-Heads designated as First Priestess and First Priest, whose powers are represented by the office of Chancellor. This is based upon the traditional Cherokee clan structure which was used by the High-Correll familial Tradition. The Tradition has always had both a Matriarchal Head (in Cherokee the Agayv Gigagei) and what might be termed a Fraternal Head. The Matriarchal Head of the Tradition was usually the oldest woman, the Fraternal Head her brother or son. Below is a list of persons who have served in this capacity during the Tradition's existence, ending with the current Joint-Heads.

They use it to imply native american tradition, which needless to say pisses off the tribal elders and not just those of Cherokee nation.

So they are ( if they are indeed what they claim to be ) selling the rights to own and administer rites and membership of two differnt types of religious spiritualy and corrupting, lessening and abusing both.

Would I want to by the rights to such a thing ? Hell No!.  

ShadowSharrow

Kuroiban

Dapper Explorer

2,450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:28 pm
ShadowSharrow

Were I rich man I would.

If only to allow the appropriate representitves the chance to teach the appropriate information.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:34 am
Kuroiban
ShadowSharrow

Were I rich man I would.

If only to allow the appropriate representitves the chance to teach the appropriate information.

No If I were rich enough ot bothered enough I woudl use the money to buy it shut it down and then do somthing different or do something different all together.

You have to consider what is in a name and the spiritual and engertic bagagge that comes with thoses sites and owning that thing.

Why should I spoon feed people who want thier spirituality to come to them
in bite sizes in a bento box ?

Finding and working and living a spiritual path is ment to be a passion filled journey with hard wroth lessons which can not be downloaded for a monthly stipend.  

ShadowSharrow

Greeneyed_falcon

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:20 am
I'm not sorry to see them go, though I did read through some of their courses (hey, if some one offers you information for free do you turn it down? Its good to know what you're giving out about...). I dislike that they handed out first second and third degree "qualifications" to anyone on the net, but thats just me.
Presumably some one will buy it for the address and do whatever the hell they like with it... and can't see it surviving "as is"

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff