Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Emo Guild

Back to Guilds

What do you think genius? Its a guild for emo's. 

Reply The Emo Guild (Down at the copa... copacabana)
Am I wrong, or is this true? (The possible origin of emos) Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Is it true?
  No, it started another way.
  Yes it did.
View Results

Ionic_Warrior

Quotable Flatterer

5,400 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Voter 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:42 pm
Well, I heard on a television show that the emo 'thing' started with Final Fantasy VII. Now I know it is quite a ridiculous statement, but I'm confused badly. The TV personalites said FFVII started it, and they were video game experts and critics. Am I wrong?  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:57 pm
Well yes you are wrong, because Neon Genesis started it, shinji is the all purpose emo kid, and there aren't any emo kids in FFVII, maybe in VIII though, cause Squall is a p***y, whiney a** b***h boy.  

Rellik San
Captain

hitmeibleed

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:53 pm
you're right..

it is a ridiculous statement.. stare i think theres a law against spreading bull like that..

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:11 pm
lol....emo started from video games? is that what you're implying?  

The-helper-of-the-poor

hitmeibleed

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:30 pm
Sakuto Uchiha
lol....emo started from video games? is that what you're implying?
exactly what the show was implying  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:51 pm
Rellik San
Well yes you are wrong, because Neon Genesis started it, shinji is the all purpose emo kid, and there aren't any emo kids in FFVII, maybe in VIII though, cause Squall is a p***y, whiney a** b***h boy.

Squall was whiny but not the other too.

The Emo thing started in the 80's, long before FFVII and their mommas boy whiny Villain.  

Art Payment

hitmeibleed

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:02 am
Moonlight Agony
Rellik San

The Emo thing started in the 80's, long before FFVII and their mommas boy whiny Villain.

like i said i think there's a law for spreading bull like that..and if there isnt, there should be..  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:02 am
hitmeibleed
Moonlight Agony
Rellik San

like i said i think there's a law for spreading bull like that..and if there isnt, there should be..
Actually its been a long standing joke among video gamers for years that FF started emo, because the hero is often introverted and 'dark'. Which is probably what they were reffering to.

And how was Sephiroth whiney? He studied, learnt what humans had done to his mother, what they were doing to the planet, so wanted to eradicate them, whats whiney about that? Kadaj, Yazoo and the other one from advent children... now THEY were whiny emo kids.  

Rellik San
Captain

Art Payment

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:23 am
Rellik San
hitmeibleed
Moonlight Agony
Rellik San

Actually its been a long standing joke among video gamers for years that FF started emo, because the hero is often introverted and 'dark'. Which is probably what they were reffering to.

And how was Sephiroth whiney? He studied, learnt what humans had done to his mother, what they were doing to the planet, so wanted to eradicate them, whats whiney about that? Kadaj, Yazoo and the other one from advent children... now THEY were whiny emo kids.

He only got whiny around his mom.
And yes the AC guys were cry babys.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:02 pm
Hitler started the emo thing.  

Xyloid

XxMarsxX

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:44 pm
Emos are difinitly not based on a Japanese video game. Those people on T.V were idiots. -_-'  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:17 pm
Okay then, nice to know that it was just a misconception. I guess that they were joking around or something.  

Ionic_Warrior

Quotable Flatterer

5,400 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Voter 100

Xlizzie_bornX

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:31 pm
that is total bull.
the whole emo thing started years ago.
not with some dumb game.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:36 pm
Their actually Use to be a rumor that Emo started after the Nuclear war age as So many people were mental Scared and turned Emo blaming themselfs and getting Sinister ideas. But who is to say what is and what was not.  

EmoVenom

The Dadalorian
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:59 pm
Rellik San
squal is just a misunderstood smart alic  
The Emo Guild (Down at the copa... copacabana)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games