88%
 88%  [ 31 ]
...Ew.
11%
 11%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 35

jellii-dumpling

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:02 pm
NOTE: THE BEHAVIOUR LISTED MAY, OR MAY NOT APPLY TO CERTAIN PEOPLE IF THEY STILL LIVE IN THEIR NATIVE COUNTRY. SOME CULTURES REQUIRE UTMOST RESPECT IN TERMS OF RELATIONSHIPS BETWEEN ELDER PEOPLE AND YOUNGER GENERATIONS. MOST OF THE STUFF LISTED APPLIES TO PEOPLE LIVING OUTSIDE THEIR NATIVE COUNTRIED, BECAUSE THAT'S WHERE THE OBSERVATIONS HAVE BEEN MADE.)

Hey, this thought came to me when I was reading a thread about asian friends, and it actually sparks some food for thought, and me and my friends realised that a lot of the stuff was pretty true.

Has anyone noticed that out of a large number of nationalities, that asians are most... Ahem. Wanted? As in, a lot of people want asian friends. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for that, but it's an observation. I mean, the asian crews, the gangs, it's all a big family for us, and correct me if I'm wrong, we tend to be somewhat different (in a GOOD WAY) than that of your average friend.

Now. Let me list some things about asian friends that I MYSELF have observed from my asian friends and myself (I'm in a pretty mixed group @ school, with about either half or three-quarters are asian), plus the people I hang out with out of school. So if I get something wrong, I beg of you not to stamp your feet, and break things, as I mentioned in the bold note above. neutral

-Either it's us who bring the good stuff, whether it be food, or accessories, or we're the ones scabbing off our other friends for it. There's hardly anything in between for us, as in, we sit there, idly twiddling our thumbs and being content with what we do or don't have.

-We're pretty protective and loyal to our other friends, and if we get betrayed, IT'S WAR!! And then you have all your OTHER asian friends to back you up. That is, if you hang out with other asians. If not, then you know not double-cross people who DO.

-Somehow we manage to nearly always pull through for our friends, even when we've been a complete and total failure of late. And even when we DO fail our friends, we make a miraculous comeback by making it up to them somehow.

-When our other friends can't finish some food or a drink or something, we're like, 'Are you gonna eat that?' or 'Are you gonna finish that?' or something. ALL the asian people I'm friends with do that, including me. 3nodding What can I say, we got a big part of our lives centered around food!

-Once you get to know us, and become tight with us, we become very colloquial. When we're at a friends place, we'll act like it's ours, and when we're with your relatives, we act like their ours as well. The same goes for a lot of other things.

If anyone can think of anything else, feel free to list it, and discuss it or any of the things I listed above.

mrgreen

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:52 pm
Yes the things you listed are mostly true....

On a sad note 20% of people I know who are fellow asians are like me.... Lone wolfs, it's pretty bad but luckily many people quickly snaps out of it..... me? Eh? um? Well I still have a lot to go....  

kaito_adrian_shigure

alovernotafighter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:40 am
My god you're right O_O

The younger half-filipinos that I know dont act asian at all, which makes me feel pretty sad as they dont really show any respect for anyone. I know they were brought up in england, but they are very rude. I dont have many asian friends that I know in england, I only have 2 asian friends here crying

... ;P  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:52 pm
Aw. I'm full filipino, but I was born in Australia. And pretty much wherever I go, to a filo party or something, there's the same respect for elders and everything, but there can be exceptions. xp

Although, my parents hardly look filipino, now that I think of it. eek They're more like those filipino celebs you see who are literally WAY lighter than your average filipino. And I was SO DAMN PALE when I was born... But growing up in Australia gets me tanned. evil I hate the sun... burning_eyes

jellii-dumpling

Kempana

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:28 pm
All I have is asian friends only like 1 white friend and 3 balck friends. But all my asian friends are like brothers and sisiters to me. We've been sticking together sense birth. But true most people want asian friends. I find kind of wierd though. Me and my friends are different we just want asian friends and only keep the limit of other cultural friends.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:32 pm
asian's have there down sides..
They talk s**t about each other alot. and they tend to get into gay cliques.
When start does happen.. theres just alot of yelling, usually
All Asian's are attention whores, thats right even me..
Some asians just over do things..  

DuMaKenshinXD

kaito_adrian_shigure

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:05 pm
Asians also tend to laze much... Believe me, I know....  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:20 pm
We're just cool like that. 3nodding  

Eclipse Remix

jellii-dumpling

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:13 pm
DuMaKenshinXD
asian's have there down sides..
They talk s**t about each other alot. and they tend to get into gay cliques.
When start does happen.. theres just alot of yelling, usually
All Asian's are attention whores, thats right even me..
Some asians just over do things..

Yeah. I agree, asians have their downsides, but so does everyone else. I can't think of any right now, stare but different people have different flaws. And we don't all talk s**t about each other. If we do, it's usually just for fun when the person's around or they aren't and then we tell them and laugh about it later, or we really just don't like the person, but they hang with us, so then we just b***h and b***h. xp Not good, I know, but it's true for a lot of the people I hang with. But I'm tight with my asian friends. So we're cool. whee

And, if I may correct you, A LOT of asians are attention seekers, but not all. You can't really say they are, either. I suppose it would be safe to say that asians are posers, whether it be big-time action pose or just the funny face and the peace sign. But one of my asian friends, one of many, is one of the most shy people I know. She's comfortable around her friends, but she is NOT an attention seeker. She can draw attention, but not on purpose. surprised

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:58 pm
Most of the Asians I know at my school are really stuck up so I don't get a long with them ^^;;;  

flip.renegade

RedEyedLover

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 3:20 pm
We only have 4 asians in my school and I am one of them =]

RedEyedLoverâ„¢  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 3:27 pm
Some of those things ring true.

Of course, it all depends on the person. x]

Rabid Bagel Cow Thing

Dapper Hoarder

8,550 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Rebirth Project

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:19 pm
I really don't think it's a question of nationalities or ethnicities, but more of personality, education and more. Everyone is different and it's a fact to accept. I don't see a rational reason someone would come up to another and say "Act more like your own kind". It's nearly like when you want a "girl to be a girl" or vice versa with a boy. To me, comparasions are just a pain in the posterior. Correcting mistakes is a whole other story, though.

Also, I prefer a lot more to stick to everyone then just my own race. I judge people by their personalities, not race. =/  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:10 pm
Well I can't really say much since i don't have alot of asian friends even though I want more. All I have to say is yes most of the things you listed are pretty much true and I'M not a attention seeker I tell you that, I'm always quiet and if I have something to say I say it. Now my reason that I want more asian friends are because I just think I'll have more in common with them then other ethncities but not all asians are I have to say, but I just mostly want asian friends because they be able to understand what I usually go through because SOME asians go through the same thing and some don't. Oh and also one more thing to say YES SOME or should I say MOST asians are posers but I don't blame them though, we are still trying to find our spot in places ya know? So it doesn't really bother me when people are somewhat posers just as long they don't get in my face then I'm fine. xD

XvXYuNiEXvX

PoppyLander

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:42 pm
The reason I wish I had more Asian friends is because they make me feel like I actually belong on this world. I'm the only one in my class, and the rest of the people are pretty much white, including most Hispanics! mad P
It really does depend on the environment and personality the person grew up with, though. I must admit that Asian parents actually try to teach their children respect, unlike some other families. >.<;

Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff