Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
Hi, I'm New Here.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jaynebaby

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:40 pm
Hi everyone, so let's see, I been trying to lose weight for about 3 or 2 days now. and it been going good lol. I'm 5'6 and 165. yep and my weight should be 125 that's for a 15 year old like me. and I kind of don't know what to do, I been walking around the house 10 times and doing my arms too. and my ads, and it feels pretty good. so I need a little help, what to eat, what to do. I'm doing this for my heart cuz I have a heart problem, and I want to look good too, at first I didn't care how I look until I was feeling not good with everything and I don't do any sports. and I don't go to school. so that's why I can't do any sports. And my Mom said this is really good for me, and it is I been feeling better.

EDIT. Yeah I wanted to sey thanks to dangerousfish cuz if I didn't saw this thing she said about losing weight I wouldn't be here, I wouldn't be walking around the house, and I forgot something what should I do around the house cuz we can't get the stuff that I can ues losing weight and I can't go any where by myself.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:25 am
Welcome to the guild! biggrin

One thing I've found that's helped me is keeping a diary (see the subforum 3nodding ). Not only can you keep track of what you eat every day, but there's always that little voice in the back of your head saying, "Do you really want to write in your public journal that you ate a huge ice cream sundae and 2 slices of chocolate cake?" mad d Well, hope you stay active in the guild, and good luck! smile  

__penguin__
Captain

Jaynebaby

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:54 am
__penguin__
Welcome to the guild! biggrin

One thing I've found that's helped me is keeping a diary (see the subforum 3nodding ). Not only can you keep track of what you eat every day, but there's always that little voice in the back of your head saying, "Do you really want to write in your public journal that you ate a huge ice cream sundae and 2 slices of chocolate cake?" mad d Well, hope you stay active in the guild, and good luck! smile
Thanks. and I will stay active.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:34 pm
Hi! Glad you came over! I agree that keeping a food journal is a great idea, you can also use calorieking.com and fitday.com to find nutritional information. Before you eat drink a glass of water. Sometimes our we think we're hungry when we're actually thirsty. Make sure you eat enough (and good balanced nutrition). Most people are lightly active unless they play a sport. To lose 1-2 pounds per week we need to eat 250-500 calories less per day and burn 250-500 additional calories a day in activity (from the amount of calories we need to eat to maintain). A pound of fat has a approx. 3000 calories.

I just posted some body weight activities in duhhh leahhh's thread. So check that out. Walking is a great exercise. I lost 60 pounds just by eating right (with the ocassional treat) and marching in place in front of the TV (actually doing Walk Away the Pounds but it's the same thing), and lifting some weights. But body weight activities are just as good.

Hope this helps.  

dangerousfish

Jaynebaby

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:32 am
dangerousfish
Hi! Glad you came over! I agree that keeping a food journal is a great idea, you can also use calorieking.com and fitday.com to find nutritional information. Before you eat drink a glass of water. Sometimes our we think we're hungry when we're actually thirsty. Make sure you eat enough (and good balanced nutrition). Most people are lightly active unless they play a sport. To lose 1-2 pounds per week we need to eat 250-500 calories less per day and burn 250-500 additional calories a day in activity (from the amount of calories we need to eat to maintain). A pound of fat has a approx. 3000 calories.

I just posted some body weight activities in duhhh leahhh's thread. So check that out. Walking is a great exercise. I lost 60 pounds just by eating right (with the ocassional treat) and marching in place in front of the TV (actually doing Walk Away the Pounds but it's the same thing), and lifting some weights. But body weight activities are just as good.

Hope this helps.
Oh god, I eat 1000 calories a day, if I eat 250 or 500 calories everyday then I have to make my food what I mean by that, my Mom makes dinner everyday and if I don't eat dinner she gonna get mad. and I really don''t work out only like 5 or 10 minits if I do 15 or 25, I may have to go to the ER lol, I don't know I ask my mom to call my DR see what she saids.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:57 pm
Jaynebaby
Oh god, I eat 1000 calories a day, if I eat 250 or 500 calories everyday then I have to make my food what I mean by that, my Mom makes dinner everyday and if I don't eat dinner she gonna get mad. and I really don''t work out only like 5 or 10 minits if I do 15 or 25, I may have to go to the ER lol, I don't know I ask my mom to call my DR see what she saids.

No, no, no! You need to find your maintenance calories and eat 250-500 calories LESS than that number. You need to eat more than a 1000 calories a day or your body will think it is starving and want to conserve as much fat as possible. Your metabolism will actually drop to compensate the lack of food.

Given your stats you need to eat around 1800 calories just to maintain your current weight. So instead eat 1300-1550 calories. Plenty of protein and fiber and you really will see a difference eating more calories (and working out). Really, there is barely anyone that needs to eat below 1200 calories. I lost 60 pounds eating 1500-1700 calories.  

dangerousfish

Jaynebaby

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:26 pm
dangerousfish
Jaynebaby

No, no, no! You need to find your maintenance calories and eat 250-500 calories LESS than that number. You need to eat more than a 1000 calories a day or your body will think it is starving and want to conserve as much lof food.

Given your stats you need to eat around 1800 calories just to maintain your current weight. So instead eat 1300-1550 calories. Plenty of protein and fiber and you really will see a difference eating more calories (and working out). Really, there is barely anyone that needs to eat below 1200 calories. I lost 60 pounds eating 1500-1700 calories.
ok that's good, that's what I need, so I just aet about 60 calories and I just worked out for 5 minits. and I may have about 400 or 500 calories soon, this is not good. I try to eat more and work out more too.  
Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games