Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Who would win
  Vulcan with a Phaser
  Klingon with a stick
View Results

Enju Aaman

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:10 pm
I noticed when i watched the TNG epoisode with the first trill, host i believe that he had imprints in his face and he looked alot like the alien that takes tom's body in "Vis A Vis". I was surprised that they ignored the make up change in DS9 and didnt adress it when introducing Dax as trill with the spots. I realize it is a very similar to the way that they changed klingons from just dark to Worf with the awesome ridges but i was wondering if anyone else noticed races that were portrayed one way in one series and later look completely different.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 2:03 pm
well in "enterprise" they kinda explained "i found it kinda stupid" why the klingons in the origonal star trek have smooth foreheads, whiile later on, they have the ridges.
it's because some klingon scientists were trying to augment klingons with a designed virus, it worked, it made them smarter, stronger, ext, but got ridd of their ridges. one of th epeople the virus was tested on, had a cold, the augmentation virus came in contact with that, mutated, and became air-born.  

Admiral Smort

Mistress Ayeka

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:57 am
Admiral Smort
well in "enterprise" they kinda explained "i found it kinda stupid" why the klingons in the origonal star trek have smooth foreheads, whiile later on, they have the ridges.
it's because some klingon scientists were trying to augment klingons with a designed virus, it worked, it made them smarter, stronger, ext, but got ridd of their ridges. one of th epeople the virus was tested on, had a cold, the augmentation virus came in contact with that, mutated, and became air-born.
Ooohh! Thats what happened!  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:05 am
yeah i really hated how they tried to explain that in enterprise because when they first ask worf about it in trouble with tribbles... he makes it sound all mysterious and cool, then they ruined it.  

Enju Aaman

Saoraan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:31 am
Enju Aaman
yeah i really hated how they tried to explain that in enterprise because when they first ask worf about it in trouble with tribbles... he makes it sound all mysterious and cool, then they ruined it.

I love that episode! (it is actually titled "trials and tribbleations" the TOS episode is trouble with tribbles) I am going to watch it again right now!  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:40 am
    Lol, tribbles.

And what about the TOS make up?
    That was so OTT.

And lol, the transistion between cute, pretty women and starfleet officer women.

+==+==+moo+

-[.Moo.]-

Kristof Canada

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:07 pm
yay for changing technologies.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 11:09 pm
To be perfectly honest, I didn't read your post. I'm simply responding to the poll.

If it was Vulcan w/ Phaser v. Klingon w/ stick the Vulcan would win by simply throwing down the phaser, and Vulcan nerve pinch FTW. Sorry you furrie lovers out there. Spock>Worf anyday.  

MagnusHansen

Boldly Go - A Star Trek Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff