Reply ~.The Atheist Guild.~
Do you celebrate holidays?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CrazyCatExtreme

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 7:09 am
well being easter I'm curious, how many atheists celebrate holidays. I mean unless ur parents, grandparents and great grandparents were all atheists you must of had some sort of tradition. My parents aren't religious, honestly I don't know what they're views are, we don't talk about it ever. But they never made me go to church, which might have played a major role on my being an atheist seing as I didn't have any brainwashing. rofl
Anywho I'm going off topid here, my granparents are all christian. And so our family has always celebrated christian holidays. When I stoped believing in Santa and God, that was no reason to stop a tradition I'd been apart of since I was born. So I celebrate all the christian holidays, just not the religous aspects of them. In this short brutal life you got to seize every opurtunity to celebrate. Not to say I just celebrate cause of the gifts and chocolate. I like seeing my family and GIVING. But that's just me, how about you guys?  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:12 am
I don't really celebrate Easter. My parents and my boyfriend buy me stuff and I buy them stuff but that's it. I spent Easter with my boyfriend and his family, so I suppose that was a celebration confused
User Image

[.Julie Booly.]

Heterosexual Fa gg ot
Captain

[x] Natasha [x]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:42 am
My parents and family buy me chocolate...I eat it. There's my tradition.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:38 am
I'm always on vacation with my family over easter.
'Course I celebrate, fun + presents, eh, why not?  

FlamingChihuahua
Crew

Cloud0.0Strife

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:36 pm
I don't celebrate any holiday which is why I'm pissed off when I have to decorate the christmas tree. I buy presents for other people but only 'cause they get stuff for me.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 4:04 am
I decorate the Christmas tree...it's fun to make it look pretty.

I look forward to the present part of Christmas and the chocolate part of Easter.  

[x] Natasha [x]

[Hollow Point]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:07 pm
I like to get s**t, and I like to give s**t. I dont believe in God, but I do believe in presents surprised  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:54 pm
[Hollow Point]
I like to get s**t, and I like to give s**t. I dont believe in God, but I do believe in presents surprised

Ineloquent, but that sums it up quite nicely. I celebrate secualr versions of holidays that were traditionally Christian.  

PhaedraMcSpiffy

Cannibal Joe

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:24 pm
As far as celebrating a holidya, I guess I celebrate the fourth of July, religious holidays, I only practice the gift giving and gift recieving aspect of X-Mas  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:29 pm
The dinosaurs are returning...

I celebrate the materialistic portion of the holidays, as I am a human and like free stuff :].

But the religious part, such as going to church and preying is absent from the holiday for me biggrin .

...and they want their oil back.

[The Looney Bin]

Veinlash

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:46 pm
most holidays are just ways for buisinesses to sell a s**t load of their products
and yes i do celebrate them anyways (cant argue with free stuff)  
~.The Atheist Guild.~

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games