View Results

IY_and_MCR
Crew

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 1:14 pm
To cut back on Main Forum clutter, I am creating this Fashion sticky.
Most threads made before this sticky can stay open, new threads will be locked.

What is it for? I'm glad you asked!
Here you should:
Ask for fashion tips/advice
Give fashion tips/advice
Exchange opionions on what you think looks good and what doesn't
Talk about experiances involving fashion
Get opionions on a new style
Ask for help tracking down an item.

The second post of this thread will be an directory of links to online stores.
If you'd like to submit a link, post it here along with the website's title and it will be added.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 1:15 pm
The Directory *Currently a work in progress*
I will be working on it, but computer is dead and I only have internet all the time, but I will update.

A
Aderlass Clothing
Alchemy Gothic
Art of Adornment
Art of Dark

B
BatGear Beyond
Black Angel, The
Black Lace
Boss Hair
Boy Loove Girl

C

D
Dark Angel
Dark Side of Camden
Demonic Arts
Devils Closet
Dollflesh clothing
Drac-in-a-Box

E

F
Fairy Goth Mother
Fool's Mansion, The

G
Good Goth

H
Heavy Red

I
Ipso Facto

J

K
Kambriel

L

M
MT Coffinz

N
New Rock

O

P
Pennangalan Dreams
Phaze clothing
Pyramid Collection, The

Q

R
Realm of Darkness

S
Shrine
Spooky Boutique

T
Tuk Shoes

U
Underground England

V
Victorian Trading Co.
Vixens and Angels

W

X
XtraX Undergroundfashion

Y

Z

~~~
Tutorials

Antimony&Lace-patterns and sewing projects
Lime Crime-Make Up
Phobe-Coffin Purse Tutorial
Phobe-Demon Horns Tutorial
Victorian and Edwarian Patterns

IY_and_MCR
Crew

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

Particle Wad

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 3:59 pm
I ask the same question as this guy in the main forum.

Kaishi Kyouki
Basically, I've been hearing alot of talk about Poserwear, etc... and I'm wondering if wear it. I don't really think that what you wear defines who you are, but goddamnit, I hate pointless arguments.

So basically, I wear Tripp (Bondage pants, and cloak), as well as studded gloves and spiked bracelets and collars. I do think that it is goth, but I've heard differing points of view on this particular issue, so what do you think?

(I also dye my hair, wear makup, and that whole shebang, but that isn't what I'm asking about)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:41 am
Particle Wad
I ask the same question as this guy in the main forum.

Kaishi Kyouki
Basically, I've been hearing alot of talk about Poserwear, etc... and I'm wondering if wear it. I don't really think that what you wear defines who you are, but goddamnit, I hate pointless arguments.

So basically, I wear Tripp (Bondage pants, and cloak), as well as studded gloves and spiked bracelets and collars. I do think that it is goth, but I've heard differing points of view on this particular issue, so what do you think?

(I also dye my hair, wear makup, and that whole shebang, but that isn't what I'm asking about)

I guess elitist goths such as myself would considor it rocker or metalhead wear, not really goth wear as many metal-lovers seem to wear such garb.
I'm fine with it, I just find most of it to be too overdone... too many clashing chains that don't match pants... I think done at a minimum tripp pants can look nice. But seriously, if i see black lipstick smudged over your lips, I'm going to have to laugh hysterically.
I myself haven't worn "gothish" clothing in awhile. And then I mostly wore velvet.
The thing with being a poser is mostly the line "u laugh cuz i'm different, i laugh cuz ur all the same.." and the hypocrisy that is connected with wearing black/red (which is actually the colors for anarchy), anarchy patches (looks even more stupid on cloned kids who don't actually know the philosophy), and tripp pants. Looks the same. The point of goth is to share interests, not to be different (perhaps more intuitive then the mainstream?). And this brand of "hottopic goth" is very mainstream.. it's in the mall ferchristssakes.
Wearing what you like is fine, if you actually do like it. Development of a personal style or styles is a cool thing for anybody. But the key word is personal, simply buying anything that's black isn't goth-looking, if you care about such.

whoops, sorry for being incoherent >.<

I guess the "tripp" style is considored highschool-ish- thus poser-goth. The more "adult" stereotypical styles would be Victorian (Romantic), Vinyl/fetish, and Death rocker (punk with a dark twist). That's just some of them, I wouldn't worry about whether looking goth or not unless if it's a proclaim of interests.  

bluerain202

Sparkly Prophet

Particle Wad

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 6:28 pm
Alrighty thanks for the advice 3nodding ((Heh heh. I'm going into high school next year . . . ))

As of right now I guess I would admit I do appear slightly poser-ish, mainly because my parents are a little 'iffy' on internet shopping, since ya gotta pay shipping and all that. And since the size of department stores scares me, and I just don't like those other small-ish clothing stores, they seem a little preppy or skater and I can't skate for beans, I get most of my clothes from Hot Topic. I dunno any other stores that sells that kind of apparel that are in my area.

I will definately check out the sites, thank you to whoever posted them ^^  
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 9:37 am
Though many goths may believe that look to be pouser-ish, it is not indicitive that the wearer is indeed a confused little wannabe. Many individuals, primarily those in high school, who have an interest in the goth subculture may have few other places to shop for clothing with any mildly gothy edge. There are many individuals who shop mainly at hot topic, and are clad in Tripp who in reality know nothing about the actual goth subculture, but that diosn't mean every one who dresses that way is like that.

I'm sure that many seasoned goths had, at one point, gone through thier baby bat phase while clad in Tripp and hot topic gear. I know that I went through that phase.

Also, I have nothing against Tripp or HT. I do indeed know some individuals who can pull off the look without looking at all like a newbie to the goth scene, though not everyone can pull that off.

In my opinion, you should wear what YOU want! If you like spikey arm bands and pants dripping with chains, then, by all means, wear them!

Also, if you want to see what else is available in terms of gothy clothing in your area, I highly encourage you to check out 'normal' stores. I've found many wonderfully gothy things from stores like Kohls, Target, Marshalls, and Goodwill. You just have to have an eye for it. Look at somthing and think, "Could I pull this off with the right bottoms and accessories?", "If I added a little lace, would it make this look gorgeously gothy?". You'd be amazed at what you can do with a little imigination.

What you'll be able to find all depends on your creativity, as well as your personal style. 3nodding  

DreamerSpirit

DreamerSpirit

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 10:18 am
I have some suggustions for links. whee

Kambriel- http://kambriel.com/

Shrine- http://www.shrinestore.com/

Victorian Trading Co.- http://www.victoriantradingco.com/index.html
(Note: Victorian Trading Co. isn't exclusely clothing... it is mainly other items. However, some of thier clothing is absolutely stunning!)

The Pyramid Collection- http://www.pyramidcollection.com/
(Note: Read the note for Victorian Trading Co.)

The Fool's Mansion- http://thefoolsmansion.com/

I also have a couple links for the tutorials section...

Victorian and Edwarian Patterns- http://www.tudorlinks.com/treasury/freepatterns/index.html#Victorian

Antimony&Lace (patterns and sewing projects)- http://www.gothfashion.info/diy.php

Coffin Purse Tutorial- http://www.phobe.com/coffins/

Demon Horns Tutorial- http://www.phobe.com/horns/  
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 2:51 pm
Thank you for those links, DreamerSpirit.
I will add them to the list soon ^_^  

IY_and_MCR
Crew

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

ketchakik

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 7:29 pm
anyone got any tips for summertime gothwear.....
all black tendds to get pretty uncomfortable when the mercury hits 90+  
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 8:54 am
in the summer i usually go for the computer tan option, but that gets boring fast. i usually stay with mostly black, but dont layer anything. example: black lacy tank top, short black lacy skirt, black beaded sandles, hair up, limited makeup, PLENTY of sunblock!
actually parisols (those lacy victorian umbrellas) definitly help too....  

queenalexis999

DreamerSpirit

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 3:32 pm
There are plenty of gothy options for the summertime! ^_^

I usually go with poet shirts and black or darkly coloured bohemiean skirts. They're nice and cool for the summertime...

Also, corsets or black tees paired with short skirts and cute tights are always an option.

Another summer-friendly style is the gothic lolita look. It's usually comprised of knee-length cotton skirts or dresses with tops (which are often short sleeved)

I would also reccomend queenalexis' idea with the parasols. I have two parasols, and am thinking about buying more. They're stylish, they keep you cool, and if you don't want to tan, then they'll help prevent that.  
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 7:04 pm
queenalexis999
in the summer i usually go for the computer tan option, but that gets boring fast. i usually stay with mostly black, but dont layer anything. example: black lacy tank top, short black lacy skirt, black beaded sandles, hair up, limited makeup, PLENTY of sunblock!
actually parisols (those lacy victorian umbrellas) definitly help too....

lol i can just see me on the contruction sites with a lace parisol  

ketchakik

Bakurish

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 6:16 pm
Oh, I have a site that has great perfumes: Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab  
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 5:15 pm
There is the ever famous store that everyone hates but shopes there anyway called www.hottopic.com  

Ciran Crevan

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 3:25 pm
Ciran Crevan
There is the ever famous store that everyone hates but shopes there anyway called www.hottopic.com

Arguably not goth though.

I've heard some very compelling arguments to that affect.  
Life Issues & Fashion

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff