Reply Boldly Go - A Star Trek Guild
How did it start? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bored Summer Girl

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 2:36 pm
I was just wondering what made everyone here interested in Star Trek? For me, my parents were Trekkies, so I just grew up watching all the different series. When I was a kid, my two favorite television shows were Barney and ST:TNG.

How did everyone else become a fan? Do you have any interesting stories?  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 8:32 pm
My parents. I still remember being very very small and sitting down to watch TOS movies with my parents, or watching TNG on TV. I remember trying to make my own little Star Trek movie with Beanie Babies. xD I remember my dad coming upstairs when I was in 2nd grade and saying, "How would you like to go to a Star Trek convention?" and I remember how completely excited I was... I remember seeing Generations with my parents when it first came out, even though I don't think I understood the whole Nexus thing back then. I remember, even when I was in my "OMFG ANIME NOTHING ELSE MATTERS" stage that Star Trek was always there. It's just something that never went away. It was something that I never disliked at one point, even when I wasn't obsessed with it as I am now.

It's awesome growing up in a Star Trek family. heart The rest of our extended family could really care less, but my mom and dad, they love it and spread the joy to me, too. biggrin Heck, my mom and I watch a Voyager episode practically every night at dinner now, or we turn on Spike when a DS9 episode comes on in the morning and just leave it on so we can watch the TNG episodes, too. whee *glomps her parents*  

Ginga

Willowhawk

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 10:12 am
I actually didn't get an interest in it until I was about 10. My father rented the movies so I started off with them and TNG. Then Mom bought me the movies and started buying the series for me. Eventually though I just got addicted to all of them as I got older and understood more. I was one of the very few girls who admitted and liked Star Trek at all in my grade let alone my schools. lol. 4laugh  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 12:38 pm
one of the good things my dad imparted on me as a child. he had reruns of TOS on all the time and even had the first movie on disk. no I am not talking about laserdisks either. haha. how many ppl remember them. My first theater experience was ST III : the Search for Spock. alas no my dad is an a*****e and he has pushed me away. but this is the one good thing he did for me.  

Curtis25

Squirrelfang

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 6:59 pm
My Star Trek background is quite strange. Growing up, I watched the original episodes of TNG, though I doubt I understood anything that happened in them at that time. Later on, I began watching reruns of the original series on Sci Fi and got into that for a time. Finally, I got back into TNG when I saw the second half of "True Q" as a rerun. Now, growing up obsessing over Hercules: The Legendary Journeys has given me a slight obsession with divinities, and the Q can be as close to a divinity as can be seen in the Star Trek universe. My interest in the Q slowly grew and my interest in TNG was reawakened. Later, when DS9 came on, I started watching that too, but TNG is by far my favorite series, especially the episodes with Q and Professor Moriarity (the philosophy geek in me has a party every time I see those episodes).  
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 2:38 pm
I saw some old TOS reruns, and loved it. Someone gave me the bound editions of the novelized TOS scripts by James Blish. I read them til the covers fell off.

I was actually living over-seas, and so I didn't see any more Star Trek shows until after I had read a ton of novels. Someone recorded the movies and mailed them to me, so that's when I saw them.

Been hooked ever since.

When I came back to the States, I found the Play By E-Mail games that RPG Star Trek. Been hooked on writing my own fiction ever since. And you know what? We have the best special effects around. My brain has an infinite budget.  

Karrn

Faelan

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 7:39 am
LOL, yes your Brain does, K'arrn.

I saw Star Trek off and one for awhile. But, it wasn't til my husband made me really sit down and watch it that I got hooked. I am stubborn that way with television. I often have something else I want to do. You have to make me sit and watch. Anyway..so thats it.

And I do write Star Trek rpgs, some with K'arrn and his infinate budget even. Funny... I still manage to live thru the missions.  
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 4:21 pm
I didn't like Star Trek until I was 12, and that was because my brother was watching Voyager one time when I came downstairs to watch my favourite show. I thought he was really weird, then one time the other show wasn't on so I watched one ST episode and I got so hooked. I finally convinced someone else to watch it so I could discuss it with someone. Now he's a bigger trekkie than me. I'm proud of what I did. ^^ I was one of four people who openly liked Star Trek in my school... I probably still am. I was the only girl though. Everyone thought I was weird. ^^;  

MeggersNK

LadyHarlz

2,150 Points
  • Member 100
  • Consumer 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 4:07 am
I wasnt allowed to watch the other shows the kids were watching when i was growing up (like TMNT and Power Rangers) cause i was ADHD, and they thought i would emulate them, so they taped it for me, and i would watch it instead...  
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 8:45 am
Well just about 4month ago there was nothing on so i watched ST:TNG and i started to have a liking to it (my favorite ep was when everyone was turnng into animals) (My favorite original ST ep was when that guy, i forgot who went to that planet where those big brained creatures were making human slaves with there illusions and the guy threatened to smash their heads open) domokun  

I eat innocent cats

LadyHarlz

2,150 Points
  • Member 100
  • Consumer 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 10:07 am
12iscool
Well just about 4month ago there was nothing on so i watched ST:TNG and i started to have a liking to it (my favorite ep was when everyone was turnng into animals) (My favorite original ST ep was when that guy, i forgot who went to that planet where those big brained creatures were making human slaves with there illusions and the guy threatened to smash their heads open) domokun

Captain April  
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 10:59 am
That would be the one  

I eat innocent cats

jwoods471

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 5:10 pm
I'm not really sure when I really begin to watch it. I really didn't like it that much when I was little, I guess that is becasue I never really sat down and watch a complete episode. I really got into Star Trek when I saw the last few episodes of Voyager that was left. That series got me hooked. I then found TNG after they stopped showing Voyager on tv.  
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 4:54 am
My Dad has had a load of TOS episodes lying around for as long as I can remember. One Day I just started watching them and I got hooked and have been watching ever since (I expanded my horizons to the other series several years ago).  

Saoraan

Blaze-kun

Dapper Gekko

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 1:13 am
I think it was around 2nd grade, I'd watch TNG right after Bill Nye the Science Guy! Bill, bill, bill, bill...

Then came DS9 and I loved that... among other scifi like Earth's Final Conflict and Andromeda...

Later Voyager!! Yay!

I don't really like ToS.... I mostly like the advanced technology of it all.. and ship designs, uniforms, chain of command, alien species (borg, changeling, Q*favorite*, cardassian, etc)...  
Boldly Go - A Star Trek Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff