Vice Captain

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:05 am
Black magical giftboxes~ platinum halos~ soot faces

Back on 4/1/4 Gaia released the blue magical giftbox that everyone opened to find the YGS! (You got served) message. Everyone got soot faces, and those who didn't change their avatar kept those faces... Until the last avatar system reset everyone's avatar and all h2k4 zombies and soot faces were lost...
Not to mention the invisi bobs...

Open the black giftbox to find a platinum halo! O: This halo will give you a soot face~
How cute. :3 I love that the admins have brought it back...

This sort of ruined my hopes of ever obtaining that rumored silver halo that everyone used as a joke items at all of the events... I wanted a silver halo that looked like a halo. u.u  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:43 am
Also you can equit it. I liked it back in the day when it was you have to keep the same outfit to maintain the mark. I guess that's just my oldbie self wanting things as they were.  

JeeszyCreezy
Captain

O.G. Friend

sdrawkcab

Vice Captain

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:21 pm
XD I guess that would be a good thing to mention, yes.

I... miss that. I do. And~ it's going to get harder and harder to tell what someone's join date is.
Is that just us? Were we here in a time when join date was much more important? When it was degrading to even post the word bump?

Buuut~ it is more fair this way, and... I'm leaning towards the side of fairness.
plus, I like changing my outfit. That's where they got me. ^^;;

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 1:04 pm
Apparently a mod has said that the soot face items will stay, but they won't look like silver halos tomorrow... I'll investigate it further later.  

sdrawkcab

Vice Captain

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

JeeszyCreezy
Captain

O.G. Friend

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 1:12 pm
sdRAWkcab

I... miss that. I do. And~ it's going to get harder and harder to tell what someone's join date is.
Is that just us? Were we here in a time when join date was much more important? When it was degrading to even post the word bump?

Buuut~ it is more fair this way, and... I'm leaning towards the side of fairness.
Yes but a lot of things I really liked about old school gaia are loosing ground for 'fairness' yes it's nice to give the next generation a chance but then talking about the 2003 year becomes the ranting's of an old bitter account. New accounts want more colors in the MC's but straight solid colors was one of the first lures of the Dontation Items. They also want more ways to make gold, which in turn just raises prices so the admind have to make crazy expensice Store items. X.X the chain of evnts!  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 1:34 pm
JeeszyCreezy
sdRAWkcab

Yes but a lot of things I really liked about old school gaia are loosing ground for 'fairness' yes it's nice to give the next generation a chance but then talking about the 2003 year becomes the ranting's of an old bitter account. New accounts want more colors in the MC's but straight solid colors was one of the first lures of the Dontation Items. They also want more ways to make gold, which in turn just raises prices so the admind have to make crazy expensice Store items. X.X the chain of evnts!

^^;; I dislike that trade off. I hate that it's been stereotyped to be an old bitter 2003er to sit and talk about the way things were and how they were better. That's when they joined.. and maybe it was better since that's what they're used to. Gaia wouldn't be the same without games to a lot of the newer people...
Umm~~ I wouldn't call it one of the first lures of the DIs, but it's sure why I like the older DIs. The DIs with the flattest one or two colors usually stand the test of time. The colorful ones are popular for the month, and then their price drops. =P
And the more gold thing... yeah. >.< I think the admins don't know how their own economy works. The store items did make a nice gold sink though. I think the expensive store items were made to keep older members happy since they'd probably already quested for a lot of the items they wanted already and didn't have much to work for. With each new set that was released, the items were really cheap for the newbies. ...The expensive DIs gave something for the older members to quest for...

sdrawkcab

Vice Captain

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

JeeszyCreezy
Captain

O.G. Friend

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 1:46 pm
sdRAWkcab
JeeszyCreezy
sdRAWkcab

^^;; I dislike that trade off. I hate that it's been stereotyped to be an old bitter 2003er to sit and talk about the way things were and how they were better. That's when they joined.. and maybe it was better since that's what they're used to. Gaia wouldn't be the same without games to a lot of the newer people...
Umm~~ I wouldn't call it one of the first lures of the DIs, but it's sure why I like the older DIs. The DIs with the flattest one or two colors usually stand the test of time. The colorful ones are popular for the month, and then their price drops. =P
And the more gold thing... yeah. >.< I think the admins don't know how their own economy works. The store items did make a nice gold sink though. I think the expensive store items were made to keep older members happy since they'd probably already quested for a lot of the items they wanted already and didn't have much to work for. With each new set that was released, the items were really cheap for the newbies. ...The expensive DIs gave something for the older members to quest for...
XD But that's exactly what most of us do. Well not us in general unless it's rant time but most old accounts use that to upstage new users. It works. The trusth, gaia wouldn't be around if times didn't change there is no way gaia could suport itself with the conditions it had 'back then'
What I liked about DI when I first joined was every month it was something that made outfits better "oh horns would be nice" next month horns. "Oh an animal for my avia" kiki's came out. It was what you wanted. Now it's just what weird thing they can get to equipt 7 times.
XD We need to get an ecomonmist working for the adminds.
sink items don't last long I mean guaahh it's germany all over again!  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 1:59 pm
JeeszyCreezy
sdRAWkcab
JeeszyCreezy
sdRAWkcab

XD But that's exactly what most of us do. Well not us in general unless it's rant time but most old accounts use that to upstage new users. It works. The trusth, gaia wouldn't be around if times didn't change there is no way gaia could suport itself with the conditions it had 'back then'
What I liked about DI when I first joined was every month it was something that made outfits better "oh horns would be nice" next month horns. "Oh an animal for my avia" kiki's came out. It was what you wanted. Now it's just what weird thing they can get to equipt 7 times.
Yeah~ a lot of the older users do do that. Doo doo. XD Anyway~ I just like talking about that stuff. ^^;;
Oh indeed, that's very true. And it was just plain annoying, what with Gaia going down at any time... for any amount of time.. all the time. Not being able to customize your avatar for days.. Switching servers just to find one that worked. xD The good ol' days. ;P
There's so much pressure placed on the admins for good DIs. They try to go over the top, but it ends up looking cheap in the end. That's why I loved the CN scarf, dark halo, katana... they were sort of like throw backs to 2003 style.
XD Put that on your list. ;D
XDDD Yes~ that's why they need to make those items cheaper so that I can buy them. <.< >.>

sdrawkcab

Vice Captain

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

JeeszyCreezy
Captain

O.G. Friend

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 2:54 pm
sdRAWkcab
JeeszyCreezy
sdRAWkcab
JeeszyCreezy
sdRAWkcab

Yeah~ a lot of the older users do do that. Doo doo. XD Anyway~ I just like talking about that stuff. ^^;;
Oh indeed, that's very true. And it was just plain annoying, what with Gaia going down at any time... for any amount of time.. all the time. Not being able to customize your avatar for days.. Switching servers just to find one that worked. xD The good ol' days. ;P
There's so much pressure placed on the admins for good DIs. They try to go over the top, but it ends up looking cheap in the end. That's why I loved the CN scarf, dark halo, katana... they were sort of like throw backs to 2003 style.
XDDD Yes~ that's why they need to make those items cheaper so that I can buy them. <.< >.>
I have to start using us since i guess I'm one of those old rich people I hated when I was new ^^; Oh I do too but we don't go about it like other users.
Yeah we never bring up the hard times. The 'gosh i hope this works' moments practicly don't exist anymore XD. I mean the site isn't down before an event! Nice!
Agreed and they were the best items of that month XD;; And i only have one of them (darn me for giving chris all of those quested sealies I got!) the preasure is high but really they do it to themselfs If they had a regular store update a week or on the same day as the DI's it would totally take preasure off of it.
I will XD maybe a really good magic 8 ball 'think before you act' 'look at all of the sides of the problem' 'not yet!'
Well it's not that it's making gold gain go down so the prices will drop

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:25 pm
JeeszyCreezy
sdRAWkcab
JeeszyCreezy
I have to start using us since i guess I'm one of those old rich people I hated when I was new ^^; Oh I do too but we don't go about it like other users.
Yeah we never bring up the hard times. The 'gosh i hope this works' moments practicly don't exist anymore XD. I mean the site isn't down before an event! Nice!
Agreed and they were the best items of that month XD;; And i only have one of them (darn me for giving chris all of those quested sealies I got!) the preasure is high but really they do it to themselfs If they had a regular store update a week or on the same day as the DI's it would totally take preasure off of it.
I will XD maybe a really good magic 8 ball 'think before you act' 'look at all of the sides of the problem' 'not yet!'
XD I'm scared to use the word "us." I do talk about the old days... and I do have a lot of items now... but~ I don't hold those things over other users' heads. ^^; Yes, but~ are we stereotyping them? o: Do they really do it to hold it over others, or were they just talking about what they wanted to and that's what we assumed?
o: Yess... I remember being really happy when the site didn't laaag during an event. Quite a change. They're really learning from the past and making things better. ^^
o: Darn~ Interesting, like you're saying that the clothing could be all fancy colors and the DI could be more of the simplistic style? ...I don't know if I want to ruin store items. ;.;
XD <3
XD~ Yeah... I just felt like going against what we were saying and being greedy. ;]

sdrawkcab

Vice Captain

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

JeeszyCreezy
Captain

O.G. Friend

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:40 pm
sdRAWkcab
JeeszyCreezy
sdRAWkcab
JeeszyCreezy
XD I'm scared to use the word "us." I do talk about the old days... and I do have a lot of items now... but~ I don't hold those things over other users' heads. ^^; Yes, but~ are we stereotyping them? o: Do they really do it to hold it over others, or were they just talking about what they wanted to and that's what we assumed?
o: Yess... I remember being really happy when the site didn't laaag during an event. Quite a change. They're really learning from the past and making things better. ^^
o: Darn~ Interesting, like you're saying that the clothing could be all fancy colors and the DI could be more of the simplistic style? ...I don't know if I want to ruin store items. ;.;
XD <3
XD~ Yeah... I just felt like going against what we were saying and being greedy. ;]
Us *wink* I wasn't mad at them for that it was the fact that they never talked with the poor people they only talked to other rich folk. Well I say that not because its a serotype but I could see myself do it.
About time XD well dial-up it was just one gaint lag so there was no way for me to tell if it was working or not.
Not exactly just I don't need a gaint ninja star. I understand being creative but they can be creative in the store and leave the important stuff to the DI's
I should make a gaia magic 8 ball ^^
the ' I only bought this to make me look rich' >.> <.< I'm not greedy I just want everything.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:04 am
JeeszyCreezy
sdRAWkcab
JeeszyCreezy
XD <3
Us *wink* I wasn't mad at them for that it was the fact that they never talked with the poor people they only talked to other rich folk. Well I say that not because its a serotype but I could see myself do it.
About time XD well dial-up it was just one gaint lag so there was no way for me to tell if it was working or not.
Not exactly just I don't need a gaint ninja star. I understand being creative but they can be creative in the store and leave the important stuff to the DI's
the ' I only bought this to make me look rich' >.> <.< I'm not greedy I just want everything.
XD Anyway~ Is it bad that I understand their arguments for why they'd do it? How their friends are all rich because they grew up together on the site from when they were poor. And that they get less people begging them for their items if they do so? I'm not saying that it's right, but I understand why they'd do it...
@.@ Oh boy~ well... it would bring high speed down to very slow dial up speed.. So~ I can't imagine dial up speed during events any more. I just remember it being painful with dial up. >.<
XDD Maybe they just need our help with coming up with good ideas. ;]
You should. o:
No~~ I want those items because they look so pretty... and would go so well with items I already have. @.@

sdrawkcab

Vice Captain

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

BlackRoseDahlia

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 12:58 pm
I hate that "Platinum Halo"...I never want that event to happen again.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:16 pm
sdrawkcab
JeeszyCreezy
sdRAWkcab
JeeszyCreezy
XD <3
XD Anyway~ Is it bad that I understand their arguments for why they'd do it? How their friends are all rich because they grew up together on the site from when they were poor. And that they get less people begging them for their items if they do so? I'm not saying that it's right, but I understand why they'd do it...
@.@ Oh boy~ well... it would bring high speed down to very slow dial up speed.. So~ I can't imagine dial up speed during events any more. I just remember it being painful with dial up. >.<
You should. o:
No~~ I want those items because they look so pretty... and would go so well with items I already have. @.@
Well yes it all makes sence now, but then I didn't know that. It's not like most rich users >.> <.< are not mean to new users it's just they never talk to us them.
oh when I first joined I didn't even know events were going on when they were ^^; that's half because of my connection and in part to not knowing the site at that point. Which I mist say thay have worked on.
Well just common sence would get that to work. I mean why not just give us a silver halo or bear slippers or wings! We want them for a reason ^;
it's not too hard.
everyone has a different version of what is a lot of items.

JeeszyCreezy
Captain

O.G. Friend

sdrawkcab

Vice Captain

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:44 pm
JeeszyCreezy
sdrawkcab
JeeszyCreezy
You should. o:
Well yes it all makes sence now, but then I didn't know that. It's not like most rich users >.> <.< are not mean to new users it's just they never talk to us them.
oh when I first joined I didn't even know events were going on when they were ^^; that's half because of my connection and in part to not knowing the site at that point. Which I mist say thay have worked on.
Well just common sence would get that to work. I mean why not just give us a silver halo or bear slippers or wings! We want them for a reason ^;
it's not too hard.
everyone has a different version of what is a lot of items.
Yeah~ I didn't understand that then. i also stereotyped people more... I can say from experience that I got ignored by them if I did not have any DIs on. That's how this account first got DIs traded to it. xD;; Buut~ I haven't seen any of that happen with my own eyes lately. I just hear about it. ^^;;
XD I knew they were going on. I just wasn't able to get on the computer. Yes, they've really worked on trying to make it easier to get around... which has just created many multiple buttons and pathways to get to one thing. @.@
XD <33 Yesyes, give us what we want... but don't give all the new users the colorful DIs that they want? :B ...What if, in the next generation, the colorful DIs end up making a more lasting appeal than the flat ones? @.@
But then what?~
I'm talking about the gold sink set. There are actually a lot of items that I like from that set. n 3n

Main Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff