Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
How do I stop binge eating?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Puddum

7,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:51 pm
It's getting ridiculous. It seems like I'm eating more and more each day, and I just can't get back on track. I mean, I exercise a lot, but it doesn't matter when I binge so much. I don't know what to do. I just go nuts when I get into one of those moods. How can I stop myself and get back to losing weight?  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:49 pm
I do the same thing... I hate it when i start mto binge. But what i find sometimes helps is to do something completely different. and away from the kitchen. I've been playing my guitar/flute, and its really been helping me to keep my mind off food.  

spiitze

dangerousfish

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:56 pm
You may just putting servings of food in baggies or tupperware and see if that helps you stop at just one serving. Pause and discuss food with your body, have a conversation. It might help stop bored eating.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:00 pm
god i hate it when i binge eat. but it's my own fault because my eting habits at nearly nonexistant now. i eat very little during the day; food no longer appeals to me. then at night with there's nothing else to do i take a nibble here and a nibble there and then next thing i know a newly opened box a cereal is half gone or that subway sandwhich i was saving for tomorrow's lunch has been devoured. gonk  

blackcatluck

Dapper Gaian

NinjaRapunzel

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 5:14 pm
I read in a magazine that a woman would take bites of foods she didn't like to remind herself that she was full/wasn't hungry.

I know what you mean too! I tend to take it so far that I can get a tummy ache, so I make myself stop the second I feel full (no matter how good the food is)  
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 9:07 pm
.x.x.x.x. キャンヂキッド x.x.x.x.

{{.I have found that one way to stop it its to exercise instead of eating biggrin or to just plain do something elese. get your butt out of the kitchen, away from food. I like to chew gum whenever i get the munchies, it really helps. also drinking hot tea or bullion will make you feel full..}}

.x.x.x.x. あいしてる x.x.x.x.

Deerhart

5,650 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Full closet 200

Stars in my Pocket
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 5:25 am
When I binge, no food is safe. Anywhere. x__x
So I eliminate temptation by only buying healthy foods.
If you binge on carrot sticks, well, nothing bad will come of it. Haha.
But if you have cookies in the house, I don't care WHO you are, you're gonna go for them.

Brush your teeth? It'll make you want to eat less.
Or get out, do something outside.
Or drink a full glass of water/tea, and then see if you're still hungry.

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games