Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]
Mitsuko-sama’s Doodling Files => UPDATED April 5th

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mitsuko-sama

Adventuring Dabbler

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 1:20 pm
Mitsuko-sama’s Doodling Files

Good morn, good afternoon, good evening, good night. :] Whatever time zone, whatever time, whatever day, whatever the weather, I bid you salutations.

Anyhow, enough of random greetings and onto the “nitty-gritty.” As this is the Mentee section, I am posting up my arty-art-art-art, but before that, I guess I should give a small spiel. I did not really become an drawing enthusiast until the November of 2003. ERGO, I’ve been “seriously” drawing for a little over three years. As a senior in high school, I have taken Exploratory Art and Computer Graphics I in the past years. I am currently enrolled in my school’s Computer Graphics III class (yes, I skipped a year of CG… it’s complicated), which basically covers animation on Adobe Illustrator and Flash, and Drawing and Painting I.

My classes don’t cover much of what I draw for fun so most of the things you see are of my own learning which means there are a lot of mistakes. Ahaha. But that is why I’m posting here, isn’t it? :] I want to improve. So! Let the CC come bubbling forth and permit me a bit of space to squirm in anxiety whilst my fellow peers critique away.

Oh, just a note, I’m working on my AP Art Portfolio which is due at the end of April so I may be photographing some of the pieces which I will submit for some suggestions as how to improve them. I’d really appreciated the help. <3

Last Updated: April 5th

Current Art-Related Questions
None~! Because I can’t think of any right now.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 1:21 pm
My Art Links and Contact Info

deviantART: Rikuido Mitsuko

ACME Animation (school-related): My ACME Animation Portfolio

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Just in case anyone wants to contact me because I fail to answer on Gaia or what have you… :]

E-mail: rikuidoxmitsuko@yahoo.com
AIM: Inquire because I try to keep my list clear of super random peeps.
MSNM: lost_soul_4eva@hotmail.com – I don’t go on it very much… not as much as AIM anyway.

Mitsuko-sama

Adventuring Dabbler

Mitsuko-sama

Adventuring Dabbler

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 1:22 pm
Drawings “on Display”

User Image

- A WiP of my OC... actually one of two, but yeah, her arm looks funky... need to fix that before finalizing the sketch.

67% Alluring
- I did this because I was bored... aha... well, yeah, that and I was missing my phone buddy. I love him oh-so much as a friend...
though I wish it were than just that.

[Below Heat]
- This was a commission from Gaia... I just started digital realism so advice would be much loved. <3

Sketch

More art to come later... when I'm not so lazy. xd

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:28 am
You have depth and seem to have a grasp on anatomy, so kudos to you. I love your more graphic pieces (like the surfboard one) and I think applying some of that know-how to your characters could add a lot. I think you ought to experiment with line weights and bold colours and such with your character drawings.
This is more of a suggestion than a crit, but I think it could make for interesting results.  

Wispered

Mitsuko-sama

Adventuring Dabbler

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:05 am
Thanks for the advice! biggrin

Yeah, I tend not to apply line weight or bold colors to character drawings, I don't know why. XDDD But all in all, I'll try doing that for my next piece. Again, thankees~!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:05 pm
I left for a time...

Yay... just updated with a WiP of my OC.

... but I've come back with a quest.

Mitsuko-sama

Adventuring Dabbler

Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas