Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
Are you all BL, all the time? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

palindrome88

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:12 pm
I'm the type of person that doesn't get really caught up on whether a ship is BL, femme slash or het when I decide if I like it or not. If it's cute or fun or just strikes me as interesting or whatever, I'll support it, regardless of the gender of the characters. A friend of mine, though, only ships BL things. Absolutely no het. None. Never. Won't even consider it. I suppose that's just our different tastes....

So I ask you guys: do you ship only BL? Mostly BL? Kind of a mix with whatever? Only a little, like when a pairing really hits home for you and the rest is het or femme slash? Tell me. (I ship a mix. heart )  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:35 pm
I don't ship any particular sexual orientation over another. I'm a huge fan of BL but yuri (Shion/KOS-MOS, from Xenosaga heart heart ) and het (Riza/Roy from FMA *___*) get lots of love from me too. It's more about how compatible or cute or what-have-you the characters are with each other.

Heterophobic fans bewilder me, especially when a good 90% of BL fangirls are straight.  

LadyNox
Vice Captain

User_2629207

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:34 pm
...Mostly BL, but sometimes het as well. Never yuri, it doesn't interest me ^^;;
I could never support ron/harry for example. Ron belongs to Hermione.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:45 pm
I support an even mix of het and BL pairings.

As long as the pairing interests me, really, I'll ship it.

Unless it's femmeslash or yuri.
I have nothing against the genre; it's just not something that interests me.  

pandearing

Shy Inquisitor

For-Chan Cookie
Captain

7,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 3:34 am
I lean more towards BL pairings, but that doesn't mean I completely cut out the possibility of any other pairing. If there's a really strong, awesome het couple, I will totally cheer for them. I won't necessarily ship them, but I'll cheer for them. I also have a soft spot for awesome yuri couples. It' can't be any old yuri couple, it has to be an awesome one... That's my standard for most relationships. If they are awesome, I support them, no matter the gender or orientation of the people in the relationship. I think it's stupid to just ship a certain orientation, you cut out a lot of great couples and possibilities.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:50 am
Eh, I'm mostly like your friend. redface xd

I ship BL pretty much, unless a het pairing belongs together, like Ron and Hermione (YAY!) or, say, hmmm... I like Yoh and Anna from Shaman King, such a funny couple! XD

Other than that, BL, mabye shoujo-ai, because I've been traumatized by Harlequin. X_x *Shudders*

Besides, if I want het, I'll just watch TV shows like One Tree Hill or the OC or just listen to the gossip at school. stare

SilverMaple
Crew

Sparkly Lover

MooMooJuice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:41 am
I don't put together any GL pairings, but I do have some BL and het pairings that I like. Most being het.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:43 pm
BL
shoujo-ai
het

This is both the order of my preference when it comes to what I want to read, and the amount of pairings I support for each.. I think. Shoujo-ai and het might be around even for the latter..

But I have nothing wrong with heterosexuals! They're people too. 3nodding xd  

Skizzors
Crew

SeNalove

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 4:27 pm
I normally find myself shipping BL pairings, just because I find it more appealing than shipping het pairings. Or, to put it in another way, I'm more willing to seek out ways to pair two boys together than a boy and a girl.

Of course, that doesn't mean I won't ship het pairings at all. I'm just saying it's not my norm, that's all. Of course, what does amuse me is that I'm a big fan of ZoicitexMalachite (Sailor Moon) but only when Zoicite is a girl. I grew up watching the english dubs where they had changed Zoicite's gender to a woman, and she had been my very first favorite anime villain. So when I learned that she was supposed to be a he, even as big a BL fangirl as I am, I can only think of her as a girl! xD

I know, I'm weird. But anywho, I definately tend to favor BL shippings, but that won't mean I exclude all het ships if they really appeal to me. And on the count of Yuri shipping, it's not so much as that I avoid it, simply that it doesn't really interest me all that much so I just don't think about it. *shrug* No big. ^-^

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 10:24 am
Mm, when it comes to anime, it's usually BL. XD Otherwise, I really wouldn't watch anime because the majority of it drives me nutso.
Other than anime, its really no BL XD  

blackwhiteandsilver

lola_tenshi

Distinct Citizen

4,250 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 2:22 pm
I'm more of a BL and GL fan than a het fan. I do support some het pairings, just the majority of my favorite pairings are BL and GL. Does that sound weird? sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 3:11 pm
I mix all three, GL probably beats het, but het isn't too far behind - and BL just... beats everything by three times their combined power  

eduardo galpaleano

Liberal Ladykiller

9,400 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

DemonAlchem1st

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 3:35 pm
If a potential/canon BL or het pairing is cute to me, I'll ship it like no one has ever shipped a pairing before. x3 ♥ I love both, though I do seem to prefer BoyXBoy, just because it's so sexay. XDDD In fact, KuroganeXFai (Kurofai) from Tsubasa is my absolute favorite couple EVER, but KyoXTohru (Kyouru) from Fruits Basket is a close second~~ ♥
I'm a straight girl, so I'm not a Yuri/GL fan, but I do approve of canon yuri couples like the female zero from Loveless or Utena/Anthy from Shoujo Kakumei Utena... they're all well and good, but I won't 'adoring-fangirl-ship' them. ^^;; Yuri simply doesn't intrest me because I'm not attracted to women.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 5:12 pm
I am mostly BL. I do like het couples too, but the het couple is never (or almost never) my favorite in whatever series.  

sjggfjshgjfsjsj

Mahalel

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 6:12 pm
maybe its also connected to the sexual orientation. well, that's my opinion though. I know a lot of straight girls that likes yuri too.

i dont just support BL, heck I most of the time support the straight pairing more than the BL. I enjoy ff immensely because of the prettiness. (including the ecchi stufs) So until now, I dont know which I like the most.  
The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff