Reply Official NANA Guild
HOLLYWOOD NANA Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

H0WL

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:18 pm
Alrightie. So I'm officially freaked out major. I heard that Hollywood is going to make a NANA movie version of their own -inspired by the already made movie series in Japan. I've seen it on a site or two a long time ago and I think I overheard some people talking about it. Does anyone know if it's true or not? I'm seriously sad about it; no offence to those who are eagerly waiting for it. x_x; Hm... yeh.

NANA=<3

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:46 pm

....I have -not- heard that yet. @_@; That sort of scares me.
But after you mentioned it I did find this:
http://nana-nana.net/news110.html

.: Building The New Era | Shinra Forever :.

Ikataru

Fluffy Bunny

dazziOs

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:14 am

OMG! ><"
    I don't know why but I don't want Hollywood to remake it.
    ;o;??

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:36 am
Damn! I remember back in the day when I started reading Nana it was just a manga series. No anime, no movies. Nana is really blowing up. Yazawa must be making a bundle of money. mrgreen  

The Pinkmonkey

Ang Yi

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:45 am
Hollywood kinda ruins the good stuff from Japan. I ca see American Nana being a punk and they'll probably get rid of the escene when Hachi comes back all depressed and Nana all exited quickly kisses her. I dun't want that to happen! I hope they keep the names as well. They might tweek with name plays... how can someone who's never heard of the manga, anime or live action movies gonna understand Hachiko's name?

It could be cool though...  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:43 am

I would imagine if it was remade in America quite a lot would be changed.
Hachi and Nana would have absolutely no "yuriesque" moments or anything remotely close. All sexual themes would be removed because the movie would more than likely focus more towards 13-16 year olds. (No offense to the young people...I'm just saying...)....and of course it would probably be set in New York rather than the Tokyo setting!! I think Hachi and Nana are.....TOO MUCH WOMAN for america.

.: Building The New Era | Shinra Forever :.

Ikataru

Fluffy Bunny

face2face
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 6:30 pm
Even if it was set in NYC, that is really the closest you are going to get to a Tokyo type setting as far as the sheer size, number of people, and the opportunities as far as schooling or if you want to go into the entertainment industry. I know it changes from person to person, but I remember being little and wanting to grow up and move to New York. Of course that changed the older I got.

I think Hollywood would butcher it. Judging from some of the movies that have come out within the past year or so, I am pretty positive. Like Snakes On A Plane.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:31 am
When I think of hollywoods version of japanese films I think of Ju-on and The Grudge. It wasn't so bad. Maybe the new Nana film wont be so bad.  

Punchanella

bullterrierlove

Shirtless Spotter

10,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:55 pm
maybe it will be good never now until you see it!  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:20 pm
I really hope they don't. It just wouldn't be the same. And they'd probably do something retarded like have American actresses and actors. Also, the story is about two girls who meet on their way to TOKYO, and obviously they'd be too cheap to actually film it there, so they'd butcher it to make it fit to whatever they want it to be.

And also, a very important part of NANA, is the music. I don't even WANT to know what they'd try to pull that part of the movie off with.

Overall, it just wouldn't have the same feel as the original, Japanese NANA does. And for everyone who doesn't know about Nana in the U.S, they'll get the wrong impression of it after watching the mutchered US version.

<__< That's my opinion anyways. Theres just no possible way for a hollywood version to come even CLOSE to the Japanese one. Ever.  

~Moi-meme-Moitie~

p2mAngil

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:34 am
I think that they could make it good as long as the Jap. companies stand their ground and not let them change it too much. JK Rowling did that and the movies didnt turn out so bad (taking in the fact that it is dificult enough to fit 600 pg worth of story in a 2 hour movie) but i digress....they could do it good as long as they do it right and they have ppl who know what thay are doing.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:42 pm
Hollywood would kill the movie. They killed Dark Water and that was a really good movie. They kill a lot of Japanese movies and it makes me sick.  

Manda_Panda_Bear

Interesting Friend

10,050 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

The_Dark_Queen_Mab

6,450 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:58 pm
NO ITS THE RING ALL OVER AGAIN gonk  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 3:38 pm
OMG gonk Why the heck does Hollywood want to remake it?! It will give a wrong idea of the series! Just like the DOA movie (which makes me wanna cry) did.  

Psychadelic

Lorha

9,400 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:34 pm
okay, there is already a nana movie, one is out and you can see it on you tube, or you can actually buy it at certain stores (its not very popular but some manga anime merchandise stores do carry them) the other is still in japan in theaters but will be on you tube soon. These movies will be licenced in amerie and were not made by hollywood so i doubt hollywood will ever get its hands on the plot. THe main ides here is it is licenced. they cant steal it. its illeagle.  
Official NANA Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff