Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
... fell off the wagon?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

spiitze

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:22 pm
mmkay. So I've just totally lost any and all motivation to lose weight... I feel like a fat failure. Any ideas on getting re-motivated and staying that way this time?
emo  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:44 pm
buy a dress or an outfit, hang it on your door and make it your goal to wear it soon!

Also, is there anything coming up that you'd like to be slimmer for.

Me = prom!  

Soi Tsuba

Straight to Pluto

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:15 pm
Well. >_o

My motivation was the fact that my Uncle died prematurely from Diabetes and a Heart Attack. (He was obese.)
And yeah. >o<

I also wanted to loose weight as revenge of my Tormentors from Elementary School and Jr. High. >__>
They said that I'd never do it.
And I so did it. xD <333

But anywho.~

I lost motivation a lot, but I just kind of figured out ways to keep myself on track.
Like a treat now and then. xP

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:00 pm
That happened to me for a couple days. Well, I didn't really get depressed very much, but I did start eating a ton of junk food again (I blame the girl scouts and their cookies >.>). What got me back was just imagining myself in shape in a cute outfit/swimsuit.

Never give up, I know you can do it! biggrin  

__penguin__
Captain

Emarii

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:42 pm
Gah! I haven't been here forever! I know the feeling!  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 5:21 pm
Start slow again, start working out for 10 minutes each day and build back up. Or, make an appointment to exercise and keep it like you would a dentist appointment. Still, start slow to help combat discouraged-ness. Take a minute to think before you eat something, do you really want the food? Is there a better choice that you would be just as happy with? Treats are okay but most of the time when we really listen to our body it will ask for something healthful. Make sure you eat but giving that little check might be a good check up.

Self talk is something that is often skipped over when talking about mood what it does to your "diet". A good centering practice is to "belly breath" deep in and slow out, your belly should actually push out a little on the exhale. Or just deep in and out is a great stress reliever. So you're breathing good and maybe standing it front of the mirror. Do some affirmations such as "I have a value" "I can conquer my fat loss" "slow steps will bring me to my goal", try and come up with some that have meaning to you. What the exercise teaches you is good self-talk. If your self talk sucks ("why am I so stupid!" "I'm such a failure") you're training yourself to do those things or put up those road blocks in your path. When you have good self-talk you're leaving yourself with an open road, much easier to get along (and maybe some blue sparks and speed boosts). : )

Retraining self talk is one of the hardest things in the world but it really pays off.  

dangerousfish

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games