Welcome to Gaia! ::

Maple Story

Back to Guilds

First Gaia-MS Guild. Come join the Gaian MapleStory community! 

Tags: maplestory, maple, story, nexon, wizet 

Reply Maple Story
Are These Signs That I Should Quit? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DumberDan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:44 pm
Alright guys, its hard to admit, but quitting Maple feels like a reality. I'm just plagued with the fact that I worked so hard, spent countless hours leveling characters. The thing is, I have just become "bored" with maple. I try to train, but the flame inside of me that used to motivate me to level is gone. I realize now that my eagerness to level is quickly over once i achieve it, like i used to look foward to upping my f/p's fire arrow and "deal some major damage to those gators scream " its over quickly. its, "okay, i jsut leveled, whoooo(sarcasm), time to do it all over again"

is this a sign that i'm at the point of quitting?
i need advice.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:00 pm
perhaps you shouldnt think of it as getting that level.. then the next.. because it can seem redundant.

plus you should always try different monsters.. some prove to make your training more enjoyable. When I was leveling my Fire Wiz, I trained at Golems. I found them to be fun (some of the time) even more fun when you party with friends about the same level and just pwn one one of the bigger Golem maps.

but if you still feel less eager then I think it means you need a break from Maple sad

Gessakinz

Gessakinz

Sparkly Werewolf

Cotton Candy Mastrubation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:01 pm
Yes. You should quit and like give me your account information. I'll have more fun than you are playing. Then you message me on Gaia, by now you'r level 70, and were all happy! =D  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:59 pm
DumberDan
Alright guys, its hard to admit, but quitting Maple feels like a reality. I'm just plagued with the fact that I worked so hard, spent countless hours leveling characters. The thing is, I have just become "bored" with maple. I try to train, but the flame inside of me that used to motivate me to level is gone. I realize now that my eagerness to level is quickly over once i achieve it, like i used to look foward to upping my f/p's fire arrow and "deal some major damage to those gators scream " its over quickly. its, "okay, i jsut leveled, whoooo(sarcasm), time to do it all over again"

is this a sign that i'm at the point of quitting?
i need advice.

Dude, I know how you feel. Ive gotten to 55, and its like "WHOO MAX HASTE! FINALLY!" But in reality, level 17 haste wasnt all that bad. And now I have no more urge to level. In fact, I havent in ages. I forced myself to get to 55. The next 5 levels are useless. I add only Dagger Booster, and with a level 50 shinkita, Booster has no effect. What a waste of 5 levels. No motivation from that. The only motivation, would be to get to 70. 60~67, I only add endure. How fun~~~ woo. All the motivations gone. If I cared for 70, I woulda been there. Im the guy who started Summer 2005. I could be like level 100+ by now, but where am I? 55.

I wouldnt quit though. You cant leave all your friends and such. I know, theyre just internet friends, but youll be lonelier without them. xD I dont quit mainly for my friends.  

A Rusty Nail

Aya Midorikaze

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:18 am
Heh. Whenever I feel the least bit bored, I take a mini break for a week or so and come back. Also, after I level, I go on suicide runs... because I don't lose any exp. ^_^ It keeps me interested enough to keep coming back. Also, after I level a couple of times, I go and find monsters that I couldn't kill before... and see if I can now. ^_^ In fact I just found out that at level 37 I can kill wild kargos.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:29 am
i say take a break for a week or 2, and/or try out orbis pq ninja which is annoying as ******** right now but depends on your patience lvl  

[NUTs]

cerebral ulcer

Shameless Hoarder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:25 am
Nah, don't quit - just take a break.

I get like that sometimes, too, and my highest level is only 37 xd

A break for a few weeks should help you, though.

And don't think about the game, just as leveling. A watched pot never boils, and such.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 2:41 am
Not leveling even once after a year and is lvl 1-50 unless mule.
Large defame(-100 to -30000)
Er....just take a break  

DreamWalker0

BlackFireEX

Timid Spirit

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:08 am
I agree to what the people have already said over and over again.."Take a break"
Right now, I'm on the verge of quitting, but I don't know how long I'll last without it.. I mean, MS helps kill time, keeps me in contact with friends.. :XP:

Just play a different MMORPG or do something else nothing related to Maple, and maybe when you come back, you have that speck of fire ready to burst.. sweatdrop couldnt think of anything else to say..but yeah, you get the idea..  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:37 pm
take a break from maple.
you've gotten too used to it. o:

eat more happy

Friendly Elocutionist

8,525 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Hygienic 200

I Just Dont Know

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:40 pm
I can relate to this a WHOLEEE Bunch.

Im thinking of quitting too.
Level 70 is so far away for me. Maybe take a break then come back to Maple in a month?

sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:27 pm
How about not think of Maple as a game where you level as your goal?
Try doing some quests. Help out newbies. It'll give you a good feeling that you're helping somebody. Sure it might get boring killing slimes for them, but image you're the uncoordinated newbie who knows nothing about Maple Story or even much about video games. >.<;
I did it for a day or so. I met some awesome people. x]
Also just hang out and talk to people. They're pretty fun. Make new characters and kerning PQ where things aren't as serious. That way, you can hang out with the cool people of Maple. 8-D
If nothing ever seems to help, just take a break. ^_^

Haymake Zoe

DumberDan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:14 pm
yeah, thanks guys, i could use a breather for a bit. i was slacking off in school lately. everyday i would sit there in p.e., social studies, math, science, all my classes just thinking, "i'm gonna go home and play maple". of course this made my A's go to B's, and i was verging on C's too. so a break would suffice. i'll be bak in summer then. when i have free time. peace out guys! i'll still post in this guild! till summer!!!!!  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:40 pm
[NUTs]
i say take a break for a week or 2, and/or try out orbis pq ninja which is annoying as ******** right now but depends on your patience lvl

LOL. NO!~~~ Do not do Orbis PQ. EVER! xD PQs are not worth the exp, and this one takes the cake. It takes to long, its to confusing, just dont touch it. EVER! Its got STDs, if you touch it youll get em too.  

A Rusty Nail

A Rusty Nail

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:42 pm
Yeah, play a new MMORPG.

Tricksteronline. biggrin xD  
Maple Story

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items