Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

do you like manga/ anime?
  yes
  no
View Results

DarkPhsycotic

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 5:31 pm
Ok well, i've noticed that 99.9% of goth and emos have interest in manga or anime (yeah, this may be an Ironic question I understand that this site is anime based, but im talking about other sites too), but what is the reason for that? Is there a certain relation between goth and anime?  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:02 pm
I don't think so, but I am only speaking for myself. I have been into anime long before I called myself a goth, so I don't really think there is any relation to it, however it does appeal to many people. That's just what I have observed though. sweatdrop  

Haeros

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:36 pm
I wouldn't say that the relation is that large, but I would say that almost a third of goths watch anime or read manga.

As for why the relation exists, I would imagine that it comes from the general behaviors of goths. Though goths can really act in any way imaginable, many goths are fairly open minded, and therefore, would be willing to try out anime or manga.

I would suspect you'd also find an unusually large percentage of goths who watch foreign films, go to art galleries, or attend theater. Or such similar things which typically aren't integrated into the majority.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:31 pm
I agree with GilAsken and Alice Nightmare because I watched anime before i came to be involved with the goth scene but i also agree that alot of goths like anime because for their open mindedness to trying new things.  

Crimson_Regret306

Substance-E

Newbie Noob

3,550 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:02 am
I think the relation goes both ways, have you noticed how many vampire themed animes have sprung up in the last 3-4 years to cater to the 12-15 demographic that are already enamored by the whole "Emo" and "Kindergoth" aka "Mall Goth" style...  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:54 am
i like some kinds of anime like gaiaonline's anime i don't like the naruto kind of anime there mouth are so big i mostly like the one in newgrounds with the sim dates mostly 3D style like final fantasy mostly includes magic  

xslipknotmaniacx

Devils_lilboy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:06 am
I myself was interested, and reading manga, and anime after being a goth, but alot of the manga's and animes that I read are dark... I ocassionally read others besides dark manga's and animes...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:26 am
Did you know that 4/5 percentages are made up on the spot?  

Lady Nasia Estelle

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:44 am
Erm... I saw it at a young age, a particularly violent scene from the second ep of 3x3 eyes, thought cool, saw all the series and needed more, ahhh channel 4 when it used to show anime. I assume thats how it was for most anime fans my age, saw it by accident, thought it was cool...

Seriously its not that complex I think.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:52 am
Mostly I would think it's because manga's kinda awesome, and everyone likes at least one nowadays.  

Lord Charlemain Richards

Thirteenth Lover

12,825 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • SpoOOokie Cookie Camp Treat Hunter 50
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Vintage 200

Angel Bruja

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:11 am
Lord Charlemain Richards
Mostly I would think it's because manga's kinda awesome, and everyone likes at least one nowadays.

I agree with you. But everyone else is kind of right too. I liked manga and anime before as well. The whole thing is is that no matter what the plot or theme of anime/manga is, people will like.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:15 am
Angel Bruja
Lord Charlemain Richards

I agree with you. But everyone else is kind of right too. I liked manga and anime before as well. The whole thing is is that no matter what the plot or theme of anime/manga is, people will like.
Well no its not that, its just with american comics, there is such a wide variety, theres bound to be one that appeals.  

Rellik San
Crew

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:34 pm
Jon of the Dead
I think the relation goes both ways, have you noticed how many vampire themed animes have sprung up in the last 3-4 years to cater to the 12-15 demographic that are already enamored by the whole "Emo" and "Kindergoth" aka "Mall Goth" style...

That too is true. Many mallgoths (particularly those who shop exclusively at Hot Topic) have gotten into anime and manga because it's being marketed to their demographic.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 2:49 pm
GilAskan
Jon of the Dead

That too is true. Many mallgoths (particularly those who shop exclusively at Hot Topic) have gotten into anime and manga because it's being marketed to their demographic.

Except in the UK, where I've found if it is being marketed, its marketed to metallers, given at one point, one of the big 3 publishers here was using Celtic Frost to advertise and is now using Mad Capsule Markets and the other 2 use the Anime's intro as an advert.  

Rellik San
Crew

Substance-E

Newbie Noob

3,550 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 2:57 pm
Well for myself Id have to say its because I grew up on Voltron and Old, old school Transformers...

Also was and still will always be a die hard Ninja Turtles fan and....
TMNT -> Love of the Ninja -> Love of awsome asian exports -> Love of good anime...

Also my favorite game as a kid was Chrono Trigger and the characters were all desighned by the guy who created DragonBall...  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff