Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Did u like the ending of this book?
  Yessah!
View Results

ckmidnight

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:36 pm
I wanted a Blood and Chocolate thread because I think it was an extremely good book. It was well thought out and had a kick- a** ending.
So, I want to know what you guys think.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:12 pm
It was good, but I think it's a bit over-hyped. I hear the movie is completely different from the book. As is, a lot of people think it's the best werewolf book ever, but I've read a lot of better ones. Bitten and Stolen, for example (and Haunted, too, if you want to skip a bunch in that series). And Carrie Vaughn's Kitty series is good, too, although a smidge angsty (but really, what werewolf book isn't?). The Mercy books by Patricia Briggs are also better, I thought.

As is, though, I think the main character (can't remember the name, been years since I read the book) is a bit flighty. She was sooo in love with... Aiden? Whatever, the human. And then at the end she decides to go with Gabriel. Seriously? What happened to fidelity in wolves? The plot in general kinda didn't catch my interest. I read it once and that was enough; it's not one of those books that I have to read again and again. Truthfully, though, aside from a couple of scenes in the book, I can't remember much aside from I liked it while I was reading it, but it didn't impress me much afterwards.  

NightIntent
Captain

ckmidnight

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:27 am
The movie was very different from the book. It eliminated all of the things I enjoyed from the book- the big fight, What's her name's close call with suicide, Aiden's (the name was Aiden) stupid gun stunt, and the unexpected Gabriel ending. It actually placed them in Romania instead of West Virginia, made the wolves into total barbarians, and other stuff that I can't go into without foaming at the mouth. So.. ya, junkie movie.
Oh, and we learned at the end that (I really should know that name) wasn't really in love with Aiden. She enjoyed power over him, his sweetness-chocolate- but all through the book, her thoughts said she wanted some roughness, like her werewolf cousins, the Five, gave her- the blood. Lots of symbolism for the title really. But then, I am rather emotional with books.

ninja
God, I love that ninja.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:28 pm
I really liked that book! Dose anyone remember the auther? I want to check out any other works he or she has.  

Lady Reader 2

Interesting Lunatic

12,375 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Full closet 200

ckmidnight

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 2:10 pm
Annete Curtis Klause
I'm reading another book by her, The Silver Kiss, right now. It's a vampire this time.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:07 pm
I debated reading The Silver Kiss every time I saw it in my middle school library (like two years) and never did. I completely forgot about it until you mentioned it. How is it?  

NightIntent
Captain

ckmidnight

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:59 am
Right now, I've been on the computer more than ever, so I'm still in early pages. Also, reading on the bus to school has been killed since Spring Break.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:53 am
Tell me about it when you get further along, if it sounds good, I might read it! blaugh 3nodding  

Lady Reader 2

Interesting Lunatic

12,375 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Full closet 200

koorimefiregirl

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:06 am
I love that book. I haven't read it since middle school though. it's kinda hard to find where I live. Anyway conversion story, a friend of mine who is obsessed with vampires and the occult ut not really into warewolves borrowed it from me and loved it, she thought it was fantastic. My favorite part was the sort of edgy sense of humour of the main character and the phyco thrills all over the plot line.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:41 pm
Bitten and Stolen are excellent books too, I agree. I love Bitten, I read it years ago, and it has always had a strong impact on me each time I have re-read it. I love the strong female character and anything to do with wolves.  

babalonsatene

Rabid Nozomi

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:53 am
I absolutely can't stand this book. It was so unrealistic, and the girl was so immature. I forgot her name. D:  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:12 pm
Everyone seems to have forgotten this girl's name.
Weird.  

ckmidnight

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:20 pm
Yeah, she doesn't seem to be all that memorable. Or maybe she just has a weird name.

<.< Looked it up on Amazon. Her name's Vivian. No wonder it's hard to remember; what kinda name is Vivian for a werewolf?  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:27 pm
I expected something more... wild. Not 18th century France.  

ckmidnight

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:30 pm
Exactly. Or at least something modern, since it's in modern times. Vivian is fine for historical fiction or fantasy, but for a modern setting? It sounds like some stuck-up rich girl's name.  
Fantasy Books Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff