Reply Boldly Go - A Star Trek Guild
Conventions

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Admiral Smort

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 6:47 pm
anyone know if there's gonna be any startrek conventions comeing to Canada?... or possibly know a site that lists when and where conventions are?
I'm working on a tng/voyager uniform "it's comeing out quite nicely"
and eventually a bat'leth.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:13 pm
I don't know of any Canadian conventions. I'm sure if you google it you can find a list somewhere.
I wanna work on a specific costume, but I'm not talented in the art of sewing. The only uniform I have is a male uniform from TOS. Because it's easy, and I don't want my panties flashing around everywhere. XP

Pherfiniel

Admiral Smort

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 2:16 pm
well. i'm pretty good with a sewing machine, but i don't think i could make a whole shirt from raw materials. so what i'm doing is very simple.
I'm just using a pair of well fitting, snug black sweat-pants. and for the shirt, just again, using a nice well fit, snug shirt, then i'm gonna sew on some red fabric to the top to make it look like a voyager uniform, i'm gonna have to make some extra cuts at the front neck to make it look like the real thing, have a grey dress shirt under it, and i'm using small magnets i have for the ranking button thingeys on the grey collar.
and since i'm practacly a jack of all trades "master at most" i'm gonna make vulcan ears, with sculpting putty called "green stuff", paint it to my skin tone, and use some make-up to make it look better when I put them on.
and i'm making a bat'leth because, in a lot of convention, they usually have bat'leth fighting just for fun.  
Boldly Go - A Star Trek Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games