Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
I hate LA Fitness!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Volta

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:01 am
Okay so I went to LA fitness with my mom and I tried using my bro's pass because I'd done it before with no problem and that day they said I couldn't do it. I immediatly though "uh oh...trying to sucker me in eh c.c" and indeed I was right.

So you know how they're supposed to motivate you into joining?....ahahaha that wasn't the case here. Mind you I was only with my mom because Ballys was closed. I have a membership at Ballys. She didn't want to workout alone. Anywho the guy took my weight on the scale, I swear they did something to that scale to make me seem heavier than I actually was, and it read 160. I was 153 then...how do I know? I was weighed by my trainer the day before. So he started saying I was too fat, I was lazy because I didn't want to join the gym and that I was "killing myself slowly by not working out". Let me tell you I've never been more insulted in my entire life. This guy who didn't even know me automatically called me a fatass. To add lemon and salt to the wound he kept saying I was too fat and that I was lazy and blah blah blah. I must've given him the complete death glare because he shut up about it. I should have reported him. He looked surprised as we left because I was really sweating from the workout. I felt like saying "FYI...I have a membership at Ballys and even if you were to give me one for free I wouldn't take it you rude son of a b***h." but I didn't. Sometimes it is better to keep quiet

My mom said she was sorry, she had no reason to be sorry it was not her fault, for that after we left, I got to work out there as a free pass thing c.c...crappy a** gym I HATE YOU LA FITNESS, and I told her I was never going to go back to that damn gym again. She said it was okay by her.

At Ballys I was motivated into working out and joining. They are really down to earth and friendly. They encourage people and we're known there because we go so much so they're even nicer to us. I guess it helps that my mom flirts with the hot trainers XD!!. I felt picked on at LA fitness but at Bally's I like it. Everyone is funny. But yeah...That was really insulting and it hurt a little. Though I admit I must thank the jackass mother f**ker because I work out a lot better when I'm pissed. I did really well in boxing that week during PT.

Anyone else experienced something like this?  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:25 pm
They don't have to let you use your brother's pass and that fact that someone did means you suckered them, not the other way around.

No scale ever matches up to each other. Your bathroom scale usually tells you you are lighter than your doctor's super heavy-duty scale. Their scale was probably just calibrated differently than Bally. Although there is still the possibility they did purposely mess with the calibration to make it weigh people heavier.

The trainer was completely out of line talking to you like that, while insults motivate a certain type of person it is never appropriate to do so as it will only make someone workout not for themselves but to not get called names. This effect nevers lasts and just leaves the person feeling badly about themselves.

I've only ever been a member of a local gym (still very big) so I don't have much experience. I would rather work out at home but gyms have better sets of weights (more complete). Everyone at the gym is very nice and want to help.

Obviously you shouldn't go back there but there can be logical explanations for everything but the trainer's attitude.  

dangerousfish

__penguin__
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:57 pm
I haven't been to one myself, but I saw a TV news hidden-camera special on LA fitness. The employees are rude and pressure people into buying stuff. The lady on there was pressured into buying like $2000 worth of LA fitness junk (food, drinks, vitamins, etc.) and in the time she spent there (I don't remember how much) she gained like 10 pounds. They also interviewed some employees that had supposedly been trained in nutrition and fitness but it turns out that all they are taught to do is get people to spend as much money as possible. Yeah, I would totally avoid them. confused  
Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games