Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]
♥ Jadeth's broken arts which need mending~ XD

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jadeth

850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:26 pm
Right now I don't have projects I'm currently working on, but I do have some work online.

Deviantart: Baroquess
Art Site: here

And some CG attempts I've made...

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Now my linearts need a lot of work... I usually only go over them once, since when I go over it twice I have a tendency to make just about every line accented, which eventually just makes it flat again. mad Also, do I need to make it bigger and then shrink it, or can I just make it on a reasonable size and keep at it?

I'll clean this page up later, but for now I just wanted to have something up here as to not seem like an ungrateful newbie 8D;  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:55 pm
do you use a mouse or a tablet? ^^ i think the problem is that your lineart seems too weak and unconfident. you should use bolder strokes with more variation. try to find a lightsource, and then add more weight to the lines further away from the lightsource, if that makes sense

although... kurot uses liek 1px brush and her lineart is wobbly but it still looks good, so i don't know @_@ lmao...

i think you should work on hair a bit. the way you drew it in your pic is a bit awkward, cuz each clump looks very uniform in shape, and hair never actually fall like that ^^ there's alot of variation and depth and layering etc

maybe try a hair tutorial? http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/34535785/

tho i'm not sure how much help it is...

User Image

i tried to show you what i mean with more confidence and stuff... find a direction you want the line to go in, and just DO it!! draw it quickly and confidently to avoid wobbly lines ^^ sorry it's not much help >___<;;; also i think your lineart should be less grey and darker... it will help the pic look less awkward..

mostlly i think you just need practice >< lots and lots of drawing every day will help your lines gain confidence!! biggrin  

BigglyWiggly

Jadeth

850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 11:27 pm
I use my tablet, but I have to admit that I am rather awkward with it... xD; Plus my tablet needs a #2 outward connection, and I can only present it with a #1, so it jams up a lot xD;

Thank you for the tips, though, I'll try them out surprised  
Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff