Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]
♪ Allaree's artz. Realism? OHNOES! New wip! ♪

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Victims

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 11:30 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Hi! I'm Allaree and I would like to be mentee'd or helped with my arts. This is my gallery.
I appreciate any drawovers! I would REAAAAALLLY appreciate cg help, since I pretty much suck. This is the current piece I want help with...
Suggestions?!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 11:48 am
A big thing I'll suggest when coloring skin is to use not only a darker, but a pinker as well color when shading skin. If you just use a darker color, it makes the skin look flat. Also, it looks like you're using the airbrush tool to color. You'll want to stick with the regular brush at a low opacity. Makes everything look loads crisper and nicer.  

soupey

The Victims

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 1:01 pm
fernshouldburn
A big thing I'll suggest when coloring skin is to use not only a darker, but a pinker as well color when shading skin. If you just use a darker color, it makes the skin look flat. Also, it looks like you're using the airbrush tool to color. You'll want to stick with the regular brush at a low opacity. Makes everything look loads crisper and nicer.

THis helps tons! I'll try to work with that in my next piece! xD THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU! <3

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:50 am
Another option for shading, and it works great on skin, is to use a different colour all together, usually the complimentary to the base colour, it gives a slightly more real affect  

Wispered

The Victims

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:28 pm
Eejbeej
Another option for shading, and it works great on skin, is to use a different colour all together, usually the complimentary to the base colour, it gives a slightly more real affect

♪Oooooohhhh. Like that thing in T i r a e l's thread?! ^_^ Okay thank you very much! xD♪

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:45 pm
♪Realism?! OHNOES!♪

The Victims

Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas