Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]
I have no clue what to do. D: (Thread recycling. :'D)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

UlooAloo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:42 pm
Alright. I was making this for an art trade and I'd like any help you could give. :'3 I really don't want to short-end her. D:

Should I use the first or second? D:

It seems so blurry. ;0;

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 7:10 am
Try to layer your colors and remember everything else you know about coloring :3... Like keeping a lightsource etc etc... sometimes you can try laying down a large broad area of faint color and then go into details with more colors etc :3... you can also work it like pencils with crosshatching or just smooth coloring Dx...

Good luck and tell me if you need anything more specific D:.

tirbutt
Crew

Sparkling Sentai

soupey

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 11:59 am
Layer layer layer! And don't be afraid to add different shades of colors. For the skin, start with a peach, but then add some yellow, orange, pink, pale purple to different areas. Colored pencils are made for putting a whole bunch of colors on top of each other.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:33 pm
Graci. <3 Both of you.

I'll try it.  

UlooAloo

Iyou

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:51 am
They've pretty much both said what I was thinking (using more colors would really make the picture pop!), but I just wanted to compliment your use of white-out on his hair. I loove mixed media pictures. x3

Also, please keep your artwork in one thread, okay? It helps us keep this forum as organized as possible. I'm sorry if that wasn't clear before! sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:43 pm
Iyou
They've pretty much both said what I was thinking (using more colors would really make the picture pop!), but I just wanted to compliment your use of white-out on his hair. I loove mixed media pictures. x3

Also, please keep your artwork in one thread, okay? It helps us keep this forum as organized as possible. I'm sorry if that wasn't clear before! sweatdrop
Ah, I'm sorry. D: (Read the rules, didn't read the guidlines. >.> )

I will from now on. :'3 Thank you.  

UlooAloo

Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces