How many hawt bishonen can you fit in a Shonen series? The answer is Saint Seiya. Saint Seiya is the story of the warriors of the goddess Athena. Athena has been reborn as a human in the 1980s (?) and must now call upon her warriors to fight against the forces of *evil*. Her warriors are called Saints, their armor is called a Cloth, and each of them has a special technique and is named after one of the 88 constellations. For more information about the series and characters, visit
Saint Seiya on Wikipedia

Saint Seiya is a manga series written by Kurumada Masami-sensei. In America, it is up to volume 19, being published by VIZ under Shonen Jump (like Naruto, Yu-Gi-Oh, Bleach, etc), and is titled 'Knights of the Zodiac'. Volumes 1-12 follows the anime series (even though the anime series added a few extra plots and characters), volumes 13-18 is the Poseidon arc (which is in the series), and volumes 19-35 (?) is the Hades arc, which (imo) is the best arc.

The original anime was created in 1986, spanning the first 18 books (and a third arc, the Asgard saga, which is not in the manga). In 2000, the Hades arc was finally created as an OVA (which is not licensed in America). This past February the final of the 12 Hades Inferno OVA episodes were aired in Japan. There is no talk of continuing the Hades arc to include the rest of what happens in the manga. **upd** There is now talk of making the final arc in anime, the Elysium saga, which will show the end of the Hades arc and the two gorgeous gods, Thanatos and Hypnos (Death and Sleep) in all their glory. (happy dance).

But that is not what I really wanted to say. Saint Seiya is a series chock full of hawt bishonen, all ready and waiting to be yaoi'd. The series has a grand following in Spanish-speaking and French-speaking countries, but in English-speaking countries, the fan base is a lot smaller, which could be due to Cartoon Network, but who knows. This series is my current obsession. I write fanfiction, collect the action figures, read the manga, own the entire anime + all OVAs, and like to speak about it in length. If you want to see lots of the hawt bishies, go to my profile.

I like the series because of the hawtness, the awesome, grandiose moves, the characters and their convictions, and the fact that much of it is based off of Greek Mythology, which I adore. The only thing I do not like is the fact that Athena gets captured, then her Saints get beat the heck up trying to rescue her. All four of the Saint Seiya movies were like that, and it bothered me. You would think the goddess who liked to go to war would be better at rescuing herself, right? But I digress.

So if anyone would like more information, or would like to speak in length about the hawt yaoi couplings in this awesome but under appreciated show, please do. I could talk about Saint Seiya forever.