Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
summer

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

RoseAintMean

5,700 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:12 pm
So far away but feels so close.

Lately I've been talking about summer. It makes me so excited for it.

I don't like bathingsuits at all, and will never wear a 2 piece again, but I'm looking forward to this summer so much.

I'm just already worring without school, that I'm going to gain all my weight back and not be able to keep it off like I did last summer.

I don't know how to stop freakingout about summer.

I found out today I'll be able to go to my favorite place more than just once! There is tons and tons of food there. Yet, last time I went I almost fainted because I wasn't eating much of anything.

I might get to meet up with two people that are two of my closest friends!

Can you help me not freak out? Can you help me know how to maintain or even lose over the summer when I have no school and nothing to do?

And is eating what you want then restricting the next few days to lose what you've gained the only way I can maintain, and is that what I'm going to have to do the rest of my life?  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:49 pm
I would say try not to eat a bunch of what you really like, and then starve yourself to get it off. Let yourself have a small amount of what you really love, sparingly and once in awhile. Don't try to cut it out completely or you may want to binge on it. My problem is chocolate. So I try to have a small piece a few times a week. That way I get the taste, don't feel deprived, and don't get as strong of urge to binge.

As for summer, its beautiful outside (in most places). There are lots of outdoor activities (even for those of us who aren't athletes). Try frisbee in the park or even just tossing a volleyball around with some friends (even if you don't have a net).

One thing me and my friends did is tried to keep a volleyball going. Whoever dropped it had a "punishment" like 10 push-ups. It was fun.  

Aeren
Crew

Manda_Pandaz

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:37 am
I can really relate to you Rose I'm scared about gaining weight over the summer to and considering that i have no way to get a ride most of the time, theres not a lot to do where i live but I'm gonna try my best to get outside and move around instead of being stuck in front of the tv til September like i'am most summers. As for the eating thing i do that to neutral  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 12:53 pm
Get out.

That's the one thing that you can do in the summer.
Just get out!
Nothing to do? Go outside.

Lovely warm weather, usually, yeah?
Take a walk, get active!
Swim, walk, jog, even laying out for a tan.

Pick up a sport, learn a new skill..
Try to better yourself, do something that takes a bit of time.

And you'll see the days fly past you, without the scale's numbers doing the same.

I can't wait until I can spend hours on end riding and getting out. <3

Moonecho

Divash
Vice Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:03 am
If you can swim, swim. It's exercise, but it's fun -- and you can't feel yourself sweat, so it doesn't feel like you're working at all! Plus, you'll get a bit of a tan, which will help you feel better about how you look. Finally, if you swim often, you'll find your muscles becoming longer and leaner, which will make you slimmer. As an added bonus, you'll get to SEE the changes in your body as you keep swimming all summer. Go out and have fun! Fun burns fat!  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:12 pm
Writing up a schedule might help, working in food, workout, veg time, sleep time. Knowing you have scheduled a time to workout may help you stick to your regiment.

I don't know what your trigger foods are but my roommate and I freeze chocolate bars and break off pieces to suck on (she also likes peanut butter cups). Freezing really makes you savor the piece you do have and makes it more satisfying than gulping something you probably would have been happy with just a piece but the whole thing is there and warm and easy to break. If you need help with treat size or food serving size, measure everything out into plastic baggies so you can grab one serving of food. Reuse them for an environmental boost. One serving of anything won't kill you, but remember a serving is rarely what is on the plate in front of you, unless you fix it yourself in proper proportions (veggies in half a plate, a protein the size of a deck of cards, carbs in the last quarter), so you have to be careful.

I know there is a saying, "You get 90% of the pleasure from 10% of a dessert" (or greasy, salt-laden, etc) and I really think that is true.

When you starve your body, even for a few days, what happens is your body freaks out and wants to horde calories so you don't die in The Great Famine of 2007. Hording calories means more stored fat that your body doesn't want to let go of.

I agree with Moonecho, doing new things will really help you during break. If you can do any sort of camp activity that would be cool, too. I took summer grammar and tennis in middle school and loved it (well, the tennis more than the grammar xd ).

Umm, except, please don't lay out. xd You don't need more tickets in the cancer lottery.  

dangerousfish

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games