Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Gaian Art Mentors
Art Party? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Iyou

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:36 pm
Hey guys. x] I know we've already got a bunch of planning going on for the guild art contest and possibly a Secret Santa event, but I was wondering if anyone would be interested in participating in a guild art party. We used to have them all the time in another guild I'm in (GASOC - I highly recommend joining if you run an art shop or are planning to run one) and they were always super fun.

Basically, an art party is a day or two where we all get online at the same time and draw. You can work on a single piece the entire time or you can do a bunch of sketches - it's just a celebration of being creative! Let it be an excuse to get away from your commissions and those major projects that are hanging over your head. Art parties usually have some sort of theme, and art trades may take place if people are interested. (If we do decide to do art trades, we'll keep them small so people won't feel too tied down.)

I was thinking of having our first guild art party on the weekend two weeks from now if enough people are interested. (I'll be busy all day this Saturday and traveling back to college on Sunday, so I can't do anything this weekend. crying ) I was thinking it'd be a good opportunity to use the guild chat as well, although we should also have an art party thread to post art in and stuff.

What do you guys think?

Discuss:
- Are you interested in participating in an art party?
- What themes do you think would be appropriate an art party? (I'm thinking beginnings would be a nice one this time around.)
- Are you interested in doing art trades at the party?
- What date would be best for you? (Right now I have it tenatively scheduled for Saturday, March 24.)
- If we were to have an art party, would you use the guild chat?  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:06 pm
Yup, I am interested in attending and also doing art trades xD
Ummmm.. dates... probably after the 18th lol. And whenever most ppl can, I guess (Even though I'm not around on Tuesdays and Wednesdays)

3nodding

n i k i e h l

4,500 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Hygienic 200
  • Consumer 100

Lucimorth

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:17 pm
well...I will try to get there when I can...but for me it's best after April 20ish...I finish University..so we can have this one in 2 weeks and another one later on razz  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:25 pm
Buh! You finish university in April? I don't get out until the first week in May... gonk

I was thinking a Saturday or Sunday would be the best day for this, because people have stuff going on during the week and it just gets all icky.  

Iyou

n i k i e h l

4,500 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Hygienic 200
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:57 pm
Yeah, you're absolutely right about that.
Guess Sat and Sun works xD
heart  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:27 pm
Oooh, sounds fun. Is this going to take place on a pchat?

I'll try and make it. Depends if I have a huge homework load or not. >>;  

Sriae

tirbutt
Crew

Sparkling Sentai

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:04 pm
heh. I used to be part of that guild Dx;; but I was so innactive I removed myself after a while during my unsociable phase. >__>;;

ANYHOW. I believe that it goes by people just posting their pictures in the thread... but pchat is also a good idea.. however the paintchat I go to has a limit of 8 people per room.

I have to work on sundays XD;; so that's not a good time for me :3 but set a time and I'll try to make it.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:32 am
To answer your questions...
-Yes, of course!!
-Beginnings or crazy everyone have your OC/RP characters interact via piccies. XD Though, maybe not a good idea as soom OCs would attract more attention/people might play favs and some get left out.
-Of course!! <333 Art trade = love
-Sat. Would be good for me. I'm not a morning person, but I'll be here in the afternoon/evening with my tablet.
-Unless there's some other means you had in mind, yes. ^^;  

jenn_chan85

LoneHana

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:52 am
This sounds like great fun but I probably wont be able to participate much. If it starts on Saturday, it's gonna be Sunday for me (timezones...) and my Sundays are completely full. If it's on Sunday, I have school 'cause its gonna be Monday here.... =________=;;

But the activities sound great!  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:16 am
I forgot we had such a diverse range of timezones here... maybe 36 hours would be better instead? We could go from 12 PM on March 23 to midnight on March 24. (All of this in Eastern Time, or GMT -4 hrs.)

Would that work out better for everyone? I'd still like to keep the overall duration of the art party pretty small so people don't have to guess when everyone's online.  

Iyou

Lucimorth

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:26 am
come to chat Iyou...i will OP you razz  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:53 pm
Oh, that would be so amazingly fun!
But I'd be in Florida on a school trip that weekend, so it's a no-go for me.

Deep-Fried Gemini

beddyteddy2

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:24 pm
I have a finger printing appointment on the 20th me thinks.... then I have to get an ID... but I think I can be on then.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:43 am
I think I could make it..

We could distribute Open Canvas1 around :3 that could be good fun. Someone who has the first one upload it somewhere and we can join in!

Kiizo

PinkGhost

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:13 pm
>__< I wish I could do it, but I'll be immensely busy until April 9...which is when my spring break starts. >__<

Sounds so fun though!  
Gaian Art Mentors

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces