Live & Fake Plants Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Magic Pimpbus

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:33 pm
Which do you use?

I used to use fake, but I've switched to real plants. My fish love them, and it's improved their health a lot! <3

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 7:47 am
I Have both in my tank right now. The live stuff just floats at the top. The baby fish hide in it and the big fish eat it.  

supercoolbandgeek

BluDragon35
Vice Captain

Wealthy Sex Symbol

7,200 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 8:42 pm
I use fake, live plants are pretty, and they do help with the tank. But they have some drawbacks of their own. Plus, the fish I have would just eat them. Well..I guess I could change my discus tank into a plant tank...but that would cost too much money.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 3:06 pm
I have... no plants.

I used to have some live plants, but they didn't look too well after a couple of weeks... and it finally became quite brown and nasty looking, so I took it out. =/

I don't know how to take care of plants. >_>  

thrivis

Bashful Cultist

Thanks_For_All_The_Fish

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 3:06 pm
I had a real plant once, but it shriveled up and died...so I am back to just fake plants...they are good enought for me, although I might get a real one someday  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 1:05 am
I used to have live plants. But some of my fishes ended up eating them and for the case of the loach, they end up being leaf beds. They often get uprooted no matter how much I burry them. So I gave up.

I placed fake ones but it didn't take long before it got disentangled from its plastic base. So I also gave up.

Now my tank only has huge rocks + smaller ones, and ornaments.

Majah
Captain

Blessed Seeker

5,450 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Kansai_Gal

Aged Browser

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 2:43 pm
I've tried lots of live plants. Right now, I've got a couple that seem to be doing fairly well.
Anacaris is no good for me, it always dies and there's leaves everywhere. confused  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 10:07 am
I only have one small plant that they called a bananna plant at the petstore. But, it seems to be doing well.  

Sugar Slave

Metagon

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 7:25 am
I use live plants. I just don't like plastic plants as much... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 7:24 pm
I have bushy in one tank, and a fake green plant in the other.

I've got the I-don't-know-the-name live plant. I call it 'bushy'. It doesn't have any roots, and appears to spread simply by bieng cut and re-placed somewhere else. Very hardy fella whom I never meant to own. domokun The expensive plants I bought died within a week while an accidential strand of green stuff which came loose when I bought my betta has been living for over two years!!  

Pyfe

Metagon

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 3:59 pm
Moonlit_Orchid
I've got the I-don't-know-the-name live plant. I call it 'bushy'. It doesn't have any roots, and appears to spread simply by bieng cut and re-placed somewhere else. Very hardy fella whom I never meant to own. domokun The expensive plants I bought died within a week while an accidential strand of green stuff which came loose when I bought my betta has been living for over two years!!
Sounds like Java Moss to me. ninja  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 10:17 am
I need to get a new live plant, it would add alot to my tank  

SquishyAngeh
Crew

Pyfe

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 9:01 am
Metagon
Sounds like Java Moss to me. ninja
*gasp* It is! eek Now I've got it growing it both containers. (I wish my tanks were set up! crying )  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:41 pm
It really depends on the type of fish in the tank. I planted my Clown Loach tank and of course being as funny as they are the plants are constantily being torn apart and used as bed for the fish. I don't mind since the plants are growing fast and I love my clown loaches.

And by fast I mean like a foot a week. I got some great soil in there. I'm getting these results without CO2 injection and basically a standard aquarium light. Needless to say I'm very impressed with these results.  

Super Sensei

_ShiroTsuru_

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 8:30 pm
I use a mix of live plants and fake fabric plants.

The live plants I actually bought hoping my fish would snack on them as a test. That way if I knew I was going to be gone for a day or two I would be able to give them a salid bar to munch on and I'd be less worried about them. Turns out eating the plants are the last thing on their mind and they sleep in them instead. One tipe of plant I got grew a hearty root system really quickly and is getting along perfectally.

I prefer fabric plants to plastic ones as they bend and flex better with the flow of the tank. And there are just some colours you can't get in real plants.  
----::::The FISH Tank::::----

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff