Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
Eatting Help! ;o;

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

VampyreKei

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:34 am
Ok...So here's the deal....My dad just had bypass surgey three months ago (all 4 artries were replaced, and he's only like 50 years old! surprised ), and since he's been out of the hospital, he's been having to eat better. Well, I figured since he's had heart problems most of his life, that I could as well, right? I'm trying to go the exursise thing (going to the gym a few days a week), but now I need to start eatting better, but I just don't know what to eat since I'm picky, and I know A LOT of the stuff I like is NOT good for me! So, I'm gonna post a list of things that I like/don't like (Or can't have) and maybe someone reading this will think of something I can make with these. Cause I'm just normally just taking the basic stuff and cooking it, adding nothing to it, but it gets to blah and boring! And I think my boyfriend is hating it too now. So any help with new dishes that can be made. You don't have to tell me HOW to make it (unless it's something you came up with yourself, lol). I can google search it. But there's just so much damn stuff to look up online when I don't really know WHAT I'm looking for...ya know? (Wow...That was alot of typing, lol)

Meats: Pork and Beef (minus hamburgers, lol). I don't like 'em. Pork has an odd feel to it in my mouth, and beef is just gross cause NO PLACE can seem to cook it right (I hate pink/red meat). I normally eat only chicken and turkey, anyway. lol

Fruits: I dunno...Mostly anything, I suppose. I like sweet tasting stuff, so this is a good group for me. No problems here.

Veggies: Ok, I hate almost ALL veggies! surprised Except the following: Broccoli, Cauliflower, Corn, Potatos (OMG DO I LOVE THESE! surprised *is Irish* I will not stop eatting them for anything! lol), Tomato (or is that a fruit? lol), Lettuce, Beans. I'm not saying I don't LIKE the other ones...Just when I hate most of them, I didn't like them cause someone gave it to me plan and went, "Here! Eat this now!" and I gagged on it.

Dairy: CAN'T HAVE THE STUFF! surprised Lactose Intolerant (one of the many lovely things I got from my father. lol). But cheese doesn't bother me much. BTW: If the milk (or whatever) is MIXED IN with something, like I'm not eatting it JUST by itself, then I'm more or less okay. =D

Bread: I like everything in this grouping. =D

Sodas: Oh dear god....*hides her Mt Dew she's drinking now*. What soda, where? >_> <_< Yeah...I'm a soda freak. It's only for the caffine in it though, not the sugar or anything. I just need the caffine (my body is depended on the stuff now after many years of drinking it. ;o; ) I have been trying to drink Diet Sodas (Like Coke =D), so yeah. ^_^;;

Noodles: I LOVE NOODLES!!!!!! =D But I can never find anything good to make with them, and end up eatting buttered noodles all the time. ;o;

Junk Foods: ;o; Nuff said. I like 'em all. lol

Ummm...I dunno, that's about it. So yeah...Maybe someone can think of some stuff for me to make. =D I love cooking, and I'll cook anything, if I have the food to make it with. So, maybe someone has some ideas? =D Help out a girl whose trying get her health back before she ends up like her father and having heart surgey when she's 50.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:21 pm
You should search recipe sites using the foods you do like to eat. Places like foodnetwork.com should have plenty of easy options.

Randomly, potatoes aren't as good as other vegetables as they count as a starch, mainly I mean you can't eat a plate of potatoes and call it a your vegetable servings like you could with a plate of broccoli. Most of the root/tuber vegetables get counted as a starch... and corn. And peas/legumes.  

dangerousfish

HIM_fan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:47 pm
dangerousfish
You should search recipe sites using the foods you do like to eat. Places like foodnetwork.com should have plenty of easy options.

Randomly, potatoes aren't as good as other vegetables as they count as a starch, mainly I mean you can't eat a plate of potatoes and call it a your vegetable servings like you could with a plate of broccoli. Most of the root/tuber vegetables get counted as a starch... and corn. And peas/legumes.

agreed..

i cant have milk either..it dosnt bother me if i mix it in with something also..
try switching to drinking more water than soda, but still have a glass of soda everynow and then... i have been soda free for about a year..every since i was old enough to drink soda i had drank soda, and that was about a 2 liter or more a day..but with 4 people ( not including my mom) who drank soda we went though maybe 4 or 5..

try quesdillas..but ones you make at home by yourself...not fast food..get chicken from your grocery store and a fresh bell pepper ( green one) and totillas, and some salsa.. its a pretty healthy meal ..its all natural stuff..

for snacks, try like fresh fruits and begatables.. Broccoli, Cauliflower..liek you said you liked..when i want a snack i get that when i have it..i hate cooked veagatables, where they get a all mushy.. carrots are what i eat sometime mostly.. i know thay have sugars in them but they curve my sweetness wantings..so mayeb give them a try ^_^  
Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games