Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]
Jyoti's Sketches [Updated Jan 10/08] ICHIGO!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jyoti

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:26 pm
I'll be posting stuff that I'm currently working on or that I want critiques on hin this thread. I'd appreciate any and all help you're willing to give!

Timestamping was shamelessly ripped off of Iyou's thread. xD I thought it was a good idea!

January 10, 2008 -

User Image User Image

User Image

Which one do you like the best?  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:10 pm
ooh~ I love your drawing style~
A little thing about the Stars in the Shadows sketch. The guys left arm is a bit unnaturally curved below the elbow. I think bending the arm in a bit should do the trick. Love the pose~
I'm looking forward to seeing the more art from you~ and CGed arts! biggrin

LoneHana

Lucimorth

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:04 am
The first realistic drawing:

It is very nice, I think you have some good skill in your drawings. I have some suggestions;

Her chin seems to be pushed to the side. I think it should be mvoed a little to the right [towards the shaded area]. And the chin line a little below the lip at the shaded side should probably be a little bit fuller. Her left eye seems to be a tiny bit too far from the centre too. I can't tell where her neck ends [at the shaded side], so maybe you could think of that. Th right side of her body seems to be wider then the left, which is a bit strange.

Finally, though, some hardcore realism on gaia razz  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:51 pm
Oh! I totally see what you mean, Hana! I'll try to fix that up. And I actually do have (a) CGed art(s)!

Thanks for that, SimKing! I can see what you're saying. The thing about the neck and the shadows is that it was present in the reference. xD Ah, now I see how her body's strangely wide. xD

Thanks again!

NEW STUFF! (March 20, 2007)
User Image

Alberto has been coloured! He turned out being a bishie because the commissioner wanted it that way. xD

User Image

Melani explodes and stuff. It's kind of a long story. Well, not really.  

Jyoti

Jyoti

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 7:55 pm
User Image

GAH. UGLY FACE ICHIGO. Can anyone help me fix his face?  
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 12:36 pm
I like the way you drew the face. I think it looks fine. I'm not sure what you mean by ugly here. What parts of it are bothering you?

But there are a few things I'd like to pint out.

First of all, I see the orange sketch underneath and it seems to me like your plan for the whole head is a bit too.. tall at the top.
Another thing would be the eye placement. This one always gets me also, but one eye seems to be a bit higher than the other.
And judging from the more prominent shadow under the chin it seems you have a defined lightsource. You might want to make some more prominent shadows from that on the face to match the direction. Because right now it looks like a light is hitting him from right in front of the face but slightly raised in some parts of his face. Whereas the shadow under the chin looks like it is off to the left side and raised. So you might want to lighten and darken different parts of his face according to the light source.
Also, I find that if I flip a picture around horizontally I can see it in a different perspective and it becomes easier spotting any mistakes. That might help you so I flipped it over for ya.

Am I making any sense? xD

User Image  

Cillian Laires

Jyoti

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:37 pm
I haven't been here for a while, obviously. xD Thanks Killian, even if I was super late. xD

January 10, 2008 -

User Image User Image

User Image

Which one do you like the best?  
Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out