Submit

What side are you on?
band all the way! we can rule with the blunt insterments
29%
 29%  [ 11 ]
choir! Whe so win with the high pichness of the voice~
18%
 18%  [ 7 ]
i'm like SOOOOOOOOOOOOO in both...Double agent man!
51%
 51%  [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 37

Dojigomiru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:35 pm
I don't know if anyone has ever noticed but in my school, band and choir are in constant battle! Why? you may ask...no one knows. My example is that our music department is having a concert in this cool thearter...the start of the war is befor, one of my choir friend complained that she has alot to practice. My friend and i got a bit made...she plays a bari sax, i play trumpet and clarinet and shes complaining that she has to practice singing...ok...sure...its hard but she can practice in the hall(which she dose) ...ya, my friend can do that, walk to class playing her bari sax in the hall( the sax is twice her size) plus during out concerts...the choir...sits on their a**, doing home work when the band takes everything on the truck...we set up at the thearter...they go to boster juise...they compalin when the band dosent set up THEIR risers(hahahah suckers!). Also, theres a small vocal thing every day at lunch and the band has to get small ensamble things ready in a week...but theres no where to practice so yet again chior is a pain in my a**....i'm sorry if i afended anyone but if you have a war story...bring it, i take both sides!  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:02 pm
choir all the way, man x]

in my school we all seem to get along. lol.  

linishere

x.Marsh[mel]low.x
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:04 pm
rofl this is funnier than what you really told me.

I am NOT going to be touching the choir's risers. I know YOU already know this, because I never shut up, but I have to rant to the rest of the guild members rofl

Sure, I'm in the choir, BUT, I'm also in band, AND I'm in percussion. I have a whole SHITLOAD of stuff to load up and to SET up, plus I have to tune my guitar three times over to make it into perfect tune, etc, etc, FOR the choir, this concert.

And last year at the same place, I had choir people yell at ME to help, as I'm fricking helping carry in our peice of crap drumset (with the guy who actually PLAYS it riding up my a** and jabbing the drum stand into my back and telling me to ******** hurry up... xD I love the drummers in this school. Well, SOME of them rolleyes ) to help them set up the risers, and I told them to do it themselves, and it never got done! I had to go and do it with the few people who are in choir who actually HELP.

And then, yeah, choir isn't in nearly as much trouble as the band is practice wise. But, seriously, go into the storage room or into your HOUSE and sing while I try to set up my ensemble stare it's not like I can drag the drums and the piano into the hall.

And what else... oh my god. There's people in choir who will seriously COMPLAIN ABOUT HAVING TO SING. The director will be like "okay, let's go!" and people will groan. Like... why are you even IN that class?! URG.

It's not like I don't like choir, I just hate the whole shitload of prisses we HAVE in the choir. They are SO ANNOYING.

And sure, in band, I have to put up with a jackass and a slacker and two people who no NOTHING inside of my section, but there's also a hott guy (fricking hilarious, too), a REALLY nice and awesome girl, and another who honestly tries her hardest. They're all a blast and I love to hang in band. Choir, however... sure, my best friend is in there with me, but there's a whole crapload of prisses and then a couple BITCHY retards that I just can't stand.

For example, there's this one wannabe hardcore girl who acts like she owns the choir. I hate her, she knows s**t ALL about music and tone and just sucks up to the director and tries to be exactly like her friend who actually KNOWS a lot and HELPS a lot... >.<

I mean, yeah, in band, like I said, there's a jackass that I have to put up with, but hey! Good looking dude balances it out rofl
Plus the jackass can be fricking hilarious some times, and at least he PLAYS and doesn't complain... MUCH... and helps set up.

So our choir is just a bunch of lazy assholes, balanced out by my friends... xD and the band is a bunch of FUNNY assholes that balance out with the kickass people. rofl  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:03 pm
I'm very biased when it comes to this. I see the sides in both ways, but just cause I'm in my school choir, I'm going to say choir. But I see both sides evenly.  

ChaoticCatDemon

Voxtom

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:41 pm
i'm in choir, as a bass, i pump up the funk  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 4:16 pm
Funny, at my school, it was the Strings (violin, double bass, ect.) versus the Band (clarinet, sax, ect.).

nanxi

Shameless Loiterer

10,300 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Threadmaster 200

` V E N D E T T A

8,500 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:21 pm
At our school it's not a battle. Choir is basically ignored. More than three times the money is given to band and choir is just shoved aside. So yeah, it's aggravating, but I don't hate the band because of it. Actually, I'm a huge band fan. Most of my friends are percussionists in the drum line. So, no, I don't really see a "battle" between the choral and instrumental arts. And to be honest, I really don't care if you sing or if you play an instrument. Music should be appreciated no mater who creates it.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:39 am
nanxi
Funny, at my school, it was the Strings (violin, double bass, ect.) versus the Band (clarinet, sax, ect.).

rofl

Our school just has three string basses, and there's no battle there.  

x.Marsh[mel]low.x
Captain

Kiyoshi_Mizukage

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:44 pm
Truly, I think band people don't get along with choir people, because were jelious of eachother's abilities! I'm sure some people would like to play in band but can't, because their hands are clumsy, or they can't play the instrument correctly. I think some people want to be in choir but can't because they're tone def and can't hit some notes.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:09 am
ORCHESTRA!!! YAY!!!  

bassman_911

` KamyL

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:40 pm
choir rules!  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:52 pm
Yeah, I completly understand how they fight...it's kinda awkward at times because I and about 10 other kids are in both band AND choir and so we switch off everyday between the two. We'll miss things in either side when we're at the other and it seems like they just expect us to know what we missed even though we weren't there- kinda like they think it's our fault....I can't really take a side though.  

Morning Elegance

Noble Muse

KaZu-93

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 5:54 am
Both. I sing (or sung) in a choir but I like bands too.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 8:11 pm
Actually, at my school, It's the two top Choruses against each other, and then the whole vocal department in general verses the dancers.  

Present Uncertainty

_t 0 f u u

750 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:54 pm
there are no battles in my school...at least what i think...'coz i think they're happy wen both sides get to hav their own recordings and sometimes both sides hav a joint recording biggrin its actually really cool..but kinda sad 'coz the choir somtimes mess up and the band are the ones to blame xDDDD  
The Music Artists Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff