Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]
@_! Pochi's Sketchies! _@ 5/23

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

P o c h i

850 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:57 pm
Hi! I need help on a lot of things, so I'm going to post my attempts at lineart in here and WIPs! [I hope]

Things I need to work on, most definitely ;_;

1.Anatomy in general
2.HANDS HANDS HANDS
3.Lineart/cleanliness
4.Composition
5.Bare feet

And other stuff ;_;

I have this one major problem with lineart, I use photoshop and whenever I draw hands it's REALLY FRUSTRATING, because photoshop's pressure sensitivity is crappy and I always end up with really icky hands, grrrr. That's one of my major problems. >_>; And my anatomy sucks like there is no tomorrow.

My DA; http://pochi-chan.deviantart.com
Just to give you an example of what you're in for. ;[

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:58 pm

5/23/07

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

HELP ME WITH ANATOMY ;_;

One of my WIPs. *_*

The anatomical errors are killing me. >_>

P o c h i

850 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

beddyteddy2

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:09 am
I must say... I couldn't draw like that when I was 15... You seem to have a good sense of tone so shading and coloring are good in my book. The only thing that slightly irks me is her right hand is a little short. Elbows should bend at your waist and fingers reach about the end of your.... behind. XD So.. maybe you can make the picture a bit longer to accommodate the length or have her bend it in a way that it will fit. Other than that, I'd say you are VERY promising. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:20 am
Hi Pochi biggrin
I'm just going to comment on the cropping. Right now it's really tight around all sides. Make your canvas taller on the top, by a significant amount. And don't fill the space up. Give it a fair amount of negative space, just make sure it's consistent with your background. You'll find your characters popping out more and it will be more intriguing to the eye.
And I second the statement, I wish I could draw like that when I was 15. You're getting a good start, I applaud you. ^_^  

Wispered

P o c h i

850 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:35 pm

New WIP. can someone help me with the anatomy? I have a REALLY hard time drawing sitting positions and if someone could do a draw over for me that would help a lot. ^^

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:51 am
Hey Pochi *3*

I'm sorry the reply is slow T__T;; I'm sure you already finished it or something, anyhow I don't really see that much wrong with her anatomically...

Her left (our right) arm is a bit short, and the other arm is placed akwardly because it looks like it should be resting on her knee but doesn't meet up with it. :3

I really love her expression and of course your style is awesome as always <3

tirbutt
Crew

Sparkling Sentai

P o c h i

850 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 2:21 pm
Hi Tirael! Nah it's okay. Yeah, I tend to draw really short arms, either that or they're too long. I don't like arms!

Thank you. <3

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 10:00 pm
*_* Anatomy is killing me!

Can someone help me make her legs/hips look more natural? And yeah she's supposed to be that skinny [ANOREXIA IS BAD D;]

I have a REALLY hard time making the legs flow naturally, they look so flat and lack the "curves."

P o c h i

850 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

smoothie2951

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 10:10 pm
oh! i remember you from DA, i thought your gallery was really colorful 8D~ would you mind telling me what program you use? ^^
anyhoo, i can't really help you with anatomy, since i suck at it too Dx
maybe make the legs longer? it seems squished(?) in place..i think. o_o;; like.. the upper half is longer than the lower half

-Smoothie <3

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 10:51 am
Oh! Sorry for the late reply.

I use photoshop cs2 + tablet.

P o c h i

850 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Kenaserenity

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 4:02 pm
Hey, how do you get that water-paint look? I have an older version adobe system, though... I'm also very un-talented with my tablet.  
Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games