Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
arm excersises

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

__penguin__
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:46 pm
Hi! I unfortunately lost my weight training book with all the excersises in it. xp I guess I'll find it eventually, but I was wondering if any of you know any good freeweight/handweight (<10lbs) excersises for arms, especially triceps. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:28 am
Triceps are the hardest muscle for me to build, but I keep on working at them (yay for sexy backs of the arms).

Tricep kickback
Tricep extension (two arms)
One Tricep extension (one arm)
Overheard triceps extension
Tricep dip: That is a pretty advanced dip so if you're not at that level it is quick and easy to modify it. I do dips off the piano typee bench when I'm at home and off the couch frame when I'm at my apartment. The closer your legs are to your body the easier the movement so you want to place your legs far enough away it is a challenge to do 8-12reps (depending on how well you know the movement, lower is more advanced) but close enough that they stabilize you so you can complete the movement. As with all weight lifting exercises hold abs in (but not sucking) to support you.
etc.

This page of exrx has a list of exercises that target which muscle group. Find chest exercises by clicking on the chest (and so on). The only problem with exrx is that they use a lot of gym equipment and most people without gym memberships don't have smith or cable machines in their basements, so you just have to modify everything with dumbbells and a barbell if you've got one. Because the site also can sometimes lack information minus the picture you can learn more my googling the name of the exercise and usually tons of links will show up wanting to help you do them. about.com's exercise pages are actually a pretty good resource, much to my surprise.

Here is my thread that talks all about starting to lift and the like. The first post is full of useful links that help me, at least.  

dangerousfish

__penguin__
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:58 pm
Those are perfect! Thanks! biggrin  
Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games