Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
Breakfast? Ew!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cathemeral Bird

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:14 pm
Yeah, yeah. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. However, I have a bit of a problem regarding time/personal preferences.

I get up about.. 6:45. 6:30 if I give myself a kick in the a**. Anyway, it takes about ten minutes or so for me to get ready in the morning, leaving me with hardly any time, seeing as how I have to be out of my house for school by 7:05.

See the problem?

Also, I don't like breakfast food. Eggs, bagels, toast.. all of those don't appeal to me. I like fruit, but it doesn't fill me up. Same goes for cereal (I eat stuff like Life, not super-sugary children's cereal- of course, it still has sugar, but whatever). I like poptarts, but I know that they're REALLY not healthy.

So what can be cooked in under ten minutes and is healthy?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:20 pm
Do you like oatmeal? It's good for you and in my opinion it's pretty filling, and the instant stuff takes under 10 minutes to cook. 3nodding  

__penguin__
Captain

Moonecho

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:06 am
Oatmeal, instant, takes about 2 minutes to make.
Nutri-grain bars are good.
Nature Valley granola bars are good.
Slimfast is wonderful for mornings.
Um.. fruit, but it doesn't fill you up..
Drink a glass of milk with it?
Milk = filling & Lots and lots of calcium. <3
Good stuff. x)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:45 am
Yogurt is good. I usually take a yogurt smoothie and drink it on my way to school  

Volta

dangerousfish

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:30 am
I second oatmeal and slimfast (or other shake in the same calorie ballpark). Slimfast has fiber and protein. The Optima have less sugar but more sat fat than the original variety (this is a normal trade off for the "taste" factor). I personally don't think nutrigrain are very filling and I had to eat two when I was in HS (that's a lot of sugar with very little nutrition to back it up, minus calicum) so I figured out in college those weren't right for me. I think of them as maybe more than a snack than a meal replacement bar, not enough calories or nutrition for a meal. Buuuuut, if they work for you they work for you.

Also second the yogurt. I eat a lot of nonfat yogurt with some Fiber One cereal mixed it for a filling tasty breakfast.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:32 am
Keep in mind, you dont have to eat breakfast foods for breakfast.
If you want a steak for breakfast, go for it.
Leftovers?
No problem.

People always get in this mindset of 'I have to eat cereal/eggs/toast for breakfast'
but seriously, it doesn;t matter what you eat for breakfast, as long as it's nutritionally balanced.  

Groovy Spleen
Crew

alwyscrying240

5,300 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:37 am
If you want cherrios for breakfast, but don't think you have time?

Fill a thermos with dry cherrios the night before, when you are running out the door, grab the cup, add milk and a spoon. Eat on the way! ^^

You can even make the spoon disposable, or wait until you get to school/work and buy a little carton of milk then.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:04 am
Glass of skim milk, one banana. Perfect breakfast. If you need more calories, put a LITTLE peanut butter on a slice of bread and stick the banana in there, a breakfast hot dog. Go easy on the peanut butter, though -- it's got more fat than protein, even the reduced fat kind, so you'll want to restrict it to just breakfast.  

Divash
Vice Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

VampyreKei

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:08 am
If you're really on the go, try to find some breakfeast bars (that are healthy!) and just keep them hiden (so no one else eats them), and just yoink one in the morning before you head out to school. You can eat it on the bus on the way to school! =D

Or keep some fruit near by, like an apple or a banana, that doesn't take time to perpare (like oranges, which have to be peeled).  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:19 pm
I'm always late and I'm not a morning person so for me it's always a madd dash out the door. Ever try breakfast shakes? Chug it down and give it a few minuets to kick in, it always dose the trick for me. :3  

Sarena128

blackcatluck

Dapper Gaian

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:41 pm
you can do a lot of things with rice cakes that take very little time. off the top of my head.... plain, unsalted rices cakes, peanut butter and bananas.... seriously the yum~!  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:46 pm
I love Luna bars. They do make a "breakfast" variety of vanilla, strawberry, and blueberry. I think they are called Sunrise. You can find them at most stores like albertsons, walmart, safeway... etc.

They are choc-full of nutrients. They are yummy, and very filling. I mean, they aren't pop tart tasting, but they definitely fill me up the best out of anything i've tried.

If the breakfast ones aren't good, try some of the other regular varieties.  

Aeren
Crew

dont-forget

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:54 am
will you can make mini muffens! and put dried berrys on the top or chocolate chips or nuts, My mom makes them & their full of grians so its really filling to eat 3 or more (witch you dont want to do cuz it's not good for you system) Their really moist and easy to make, than put the left over mix in the fridge till you need more!

Also their is a 3 step (i think) cookie recipee my mom taght me when i was 9, it was chocolaty and i think had orange juice in it?

If anyone want the recipe for the mini muffens or 3 (?) step cookies, please PM me (i dont have them on had right now)

oh an i usaully have a chocolate milk/ or juice box to drink in the morning too, cuz i'm also a late runner  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:44 pm
My favourite breakfast is this (takes about 5 minutes, but it's worth it!):

-banana (sliced) or canned Mandarins and Peaches (like Motts or whatever! biggrin )
-some flax meal to sprinkle on top
-natural yogurt (no sugar, the bland stuff)
-milk
-shredded wheat
-bit of almond/granola cereal

Put in a bit of everything (usually only a tiny handful of each, it adds up fast!) and eat it like cereal!

Deeeeelish!

Emarii

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games