Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]
Simking's MSpaint adventures [updated]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lucimorth

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:42 am
User Image

MSpain...spray tool...pencil for the eyes a little andddd...I dunno, about 20-30 minutes, no refference.

User Image

ok, now it is done...i just got bored actualy..sooo...some stuff are a bit loose >_<  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:47 am
You did that in paint? Very impressive. You could try adding some shading to his neck and define the contours of his ear a bit more.  

loontje

Lucimorth

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:51 am
yeah lol...i know, i only worked on the face then...now it is done  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 7:56 am
feedback...please? gonk sweatdrop  

Lucimorth

Iyou

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:18 am
It's so sad to see you doing such awesome things in MSPaint when you could be doing more more professional-looking stuff in another program. It's amazing what you did with that program, but you can only go so far with it. I mean, it's obvious you made a deliberate choice to work with MSPaint, but it just seems like a shame that you're not using a better program. Just my two cents. sweatdrop I have no doubt you're able to paint a very handsome-looking portrait in real life, and I think the program you chose can't fully show your true skill in painting.

His facial anatomy is great. The only things that seem a little bit off to me are his eyes. On his right eye (our left), the lower eyelid comes up a little more than the lower eyelid on his left eye, making them uneven. It also seems like his left eye is a little bit too close to the bridge of the nose - just moving it over even five or ten pixels would probably help.

You did a great job of creating texture for his face and the chainmail around his neck! But his armor doesn't seem to match. It should probably either have the same dotty texture as everything else in the picture, or you should smooth out the face so it has a similar texture as the armor. The metal of the armor and the skin of the face are both relatively smooth, but you're depicting them in different ways.

Really though, I'm amazed. I never thought anything like this would be possible with a program as limited as MSPaint. heart  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:39 am
Thanx smile

Actualy I like MSpaint because it is just...well, I don't know, it feels really close to normal painting [with a brush and on canvas], so I just relax. It is also interesting to exlore the colors. I will try photoshop maybe...

Yes...the eyes...=_=...it's so hard to draw eyes with the spray tool, unbelievable >_<...I saw soemthing wrong but couldn't be bothered to fix it, you are probably right about the location of it..hehe

Same for armor...just wanted to get it done, It is easier to do armor in photoshop..lol

Thanx for your coments biggrin  

Lucimorth

tirbutt
Crew

Sparkling Sentai

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 7:35 pm
Oh Iyou already said it XD;;

I was going to comment that the eyes are crooked and that they're a bit too close-set. :3

The top of his hair also is higher on the left than the right so flatening that out will make it seem less lop-sided too

but pretty good for mspaint biggrin

and you have good facial structure knowledge

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 7:36 pm
I agree mostly with what other people say , but one thing im just going to put in

and this is off of the technical stuff

i dont seen any UMF to the picture. I know this will be an odd critique , but theres no variety , theres no..human element - i mean theres a human , but theres no connection.

The eyes , nose , and lips , although they look like..eyes nose and lips - look straight out of a 'how to draw book ' , add a bump in the bridge of the nose , a different shape to the eye , a smirk to the lips . Connect with your audience - and this could just be the animator in me speaking out , but its just a straight stareing picture .

i know this is mspaint ,and thats..very impressive ,but you have the technical elements down , now its almost like..taking it to the next level.  

pach_work

Lucimorth

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:32 pm
i dunno if i want to proceed with MSpaint..lol, it is just too limited with the spray tool >_>

I see what you are talking about pach...usualy my faces are more lively..lol

Tirael...uhhh...I kinda like that, I wanted the hair to be uneven...hehe  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:11 pm
Actually, MS Paint can accomplish quite a lot!
Here is just another artist friend who works on that silly little and often underestimated program, and with a MOUSE at that:
http://ic3.deviantart.com/fs15/f/2007/060/b/c/Abigail_Williams__The_Crucible_by_rinoatilmitt.jpg

Um, As from some crit. on that drawing you did.
I like how you used colored spray patches to work the whole drawing out. Maybe use the pencil tool here and there to add small details and give a more clear/refined touch to your painting?
The aqua colored blu you used to highlight his armour seems out of place. It's a little too bright for the whole mood of the piece, I'd suggest to subdue it a little.
Otherwise, I think you're doing a great job.
And I also think you have a great sense for the human figure, as it is reflected in the face of that painting.
Ch0. <3

J o u b i l e e

Lucimorth

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:19 am
sooo...

User Image
i used photoshop razz  
Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers