Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]
Ozzy's Photo Album Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you like?
  Like i like mano!!
  You remind me of hot spice
  ^STFU!!!
View Results

Skreemin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:52 pm
Hello and welcome to my Photo Album

It's here for you guys to give me some feedback on my work and what i should try and do to fix it. I'll take any advice like removing gray, changing positioning, further cropping, and any other Suggestions.

Photos

Darkness in the trees

Darkened

Ol Faithfull

Artist at work

Big roller

To far in (Not Mine....But i developed the film and picture so i use it)

Learn me

Friendly

Ready for take off

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:59 pm
You know my crits on most of these, so I won't repeat myself. On the Big Roller one though, watch the focus. The blurriness is killing it right now. Also, watch the stains from what I'm assuming is the developing chemicals. Rinse your film and your photo sheets really well and make sure they dry well before doing anything with them.
I do love your choices in subject matter. Everyday objects and scenes can make some awesome photos. Like I mentioned when we talked earlier though, I'd like to see you try some compositions that don't have a centered subject.  

Wispered

Skreemin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:21 pm
Well then I'll try my best.....And yes I know sometimes my photos are out of focus and a bit gray so I need to practice my Focus....I guess I'll try moving some stuff around and I'll bring those pictures in On wednesday becuase Im having a few shoots and cant develop until tuesday D=  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:32 pm
I know how that is. When I was taking my photography course we only had two days a week open to us for the dark rooms one was right before class, the other was a few hours on a monday, usually when I was in another class.
Anyway, can't wait to see more stuff from you.
I also noticed a lot of noise in your photos. What film do you use?  

Wispered

Skreemin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:35 pm
I usually Use Arista PRO 400 and rarely use 100  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:46 pm
I'm surprised there's so much grain on a 400...
Do you mess around a lot with exposure times and your...f-stop? (is that right, my jargin is escaping me right now) The grays and the grain may be partly because of that..  

Wispered

Skreemin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:50 pm
Well actually the grain is from the paper I Like the roughness...and I do like to do several photos with different F stops and pick out my favorites but it wasn't until recently that i got better with Filters and so i think i'll redo The Big roller and the dark trees so that there is no gray in the background.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:45 pm
hummm. maybe playing more with the contrast in some of your pictures, a few of them still look mostly gray. and it seems on one or two of them there was either dust or water marks on your film. Sepia Tone would probably make your "Darkness in the Trees" look nice as well.

and im going to have to second the blur comment on the "Big Roller" picture. its so very very out of focus. its a bit difficult to figure out what it is at first

Jitsumi1221

Razmaz

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:18 am
Question - What type of camera and lens are you mainly using for your photos? I'm assuming you're using an SLR.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:03 pm
Analog Pentax....With a 35-80mm lense  

Skreemin

Skreemin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:06 pm
bump  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:16 pm
Hey Ozzy, we're still a relatively small group here, there's not even a second page for our posts. No need to bump. You've gotten a lot of comments on your current work, I think you'll get more if you post up some new things.  

Wispered

Skreemin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:52 pm
Actually come to think of it i do have one new one

User ImageThe scanner seems to dramatize the colors  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:39 pm
Hey Ozzy, glad to see some new stuff from you.
My major complaint on this one is the cropping. It's not close enough to be an effective close crop and its too close for a larger crop. Your subjects have no room to breathe and a sliver missing off an elbow and the top of the hood feels really awkward.
Even in photography its important to think about the surrounding space as well as your focus. Everything about an image is what works together to make it great.
Applause though for the image being a lot cleaner and easier to read. A vast improvement right there.  

Wispered

Skreemin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:44 pm
Yeah, After I really looked at it from the scanner i saw that naughsty crop job.... gonk .....But i do have lots of new great shots of these beautiful horses, planes, and hilarious aroma therapy bottles.  
Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff