Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DeBwA

2,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:27 pm
have you ever noticed that in some animes there's some characters that look alike? For instance, Kodomo No Omocha's Sana looks a LOT like Miki, from Marmalade Boy  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:42 pm
Read the guild rules. Polls are not allowed on the front page.  

Wyrn

Shameless Stalker

Long Black Veil

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:49 pm
sometimes thats on the artists hand.
myoga from inuyasha and happosai from ranma 1/2 look alike because they have the same creator.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:46 pm
I sorta notice that most manga and anime have characters that look the same only because they are all from the same person who created them  

Etewxok

shjkasfj

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:17 pm
Like Hunny From Ouran and Momiji from Fruits basket? >o<;;  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:49 am
Miyako101
sometimes thats on the artists hand.
myoga from inuyasha and happosai from ranma 1/2 look alike because they have the same creator.

yeah thats true..the artist tends to use the same type of drawing style for their characters  

Kyouka_Maiden_Rei

The Kiki Warrior

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:18 am
Oh, you mean like Van from GunXSword, and Spike from Cowboy Bebop? It's always more fun when you close your eyes and listen to english dubs. When doing so, you hear some voices that are identical. There's someone on RahXephon who has the same voice as the KetarlKetarl from Outlaw Star. I always thought her voice was aggravating. xp  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:30 am
i got a stupid cold!! and i find that ichigo ftom bleacj the cat from fruits basket (forget his nname) lokk, alike!! but ichigoes hair spikes more...  

lucky_lightning27

Altiryoko

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:18 pm
well...look at Sakura and Ino fron Naruto. Sometimes other characters are used as reference for a new one.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:09 am
A n g i e - S a m a

i hella thought the same thing mrgreen  

R o c k e t Z X B l u e

Snowy Nialla

Beloved Noob

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 1:13 pm
A n g i e - S a m a

Squeak! I love those two!! They're so cute! I always thought the Fai from Tsubasa Chronicles looked like Tamaki from Ouran.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:45 pm
tenma from harukanaru toki no naka de and kyo from fruits basket look alot alike. i sqeal whenever i see tenma-kun because he looks so much like kyo >.<
and theyre not made by the same person either^^  

darkdark7

yaoilicious

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:25 am
That's sort of unavoidable that characters would look like each other... but then again, some artists become great by copying some styles of successful artists. It all depends. There are only so many hair styles and face types that are acceptable.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:30 pm
All of Ken Akamatsu's recent characters look identical. Specifically Love Hina and Negima characters. Too long of a list to add here though.  

Cola Addict

Zimary

2,900 Points
  • The Committee Staff 25
  • nuGen Staff 25
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:47 pm
I hate it when artists go along with the common manga character outlines...spiffy...  
An Anime Addict's Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff