Reply Fantasy Books Guild
Ellen Kushner Books

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

icykia

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:06 pm
Well, I recently finished reading Privilege of the Sword, which follows the book Swordspoint (and, technically, Fall of Kings, I suppose...but I haven't read that one, and I hear the characters aren't quite the same. Alec, for instance, isn't in it as much as in Swordspoint and PotSword. So I understand....).

Anyway, I rather enjoyed it. I'd love to see another Alex/St. Vier-centric story. Not that it's really really important, but they're just...so much fun. Or should I say ALEC is so much fun. He always causes so much havoc.

Who else has enjoyed these books?

heart  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:05 am
I started Swordspoint, like, three months ago, and really couldn't get into it. Or maybe I just got badly sidetracked, which is more likely. Either way, I'm maybe 50 pages in and I haven't picked it up in, like, a month. I don't know if it's just because I've been getting so many new books, or that nothing can keep my interest now, but the book just didn't hook me like some others do. I kinda want to read The Privilege of the Sword, but I can never find it. I didn't even know that it was a sequel, though, so maybe I won't read it until I finish Swordspoint--which I will do. ...Eventually.  

NightIntent
Captain

icykia

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:53 am
NightIntent
I started Swordspoint, like, three months ago, and really couldn't get into it. Or maybe I just got badly sidetracked, which is more likely. Either way, I'm maybe 50 pages in and I haven't picked it up in, like, a month. I don't know if it's just because I've been getting so many new books, or that nothing can keep my interest now, but the book just didn't hook me like some others do. I kinda want to read The Privilege of the Sword, but I can never find it. I didn't even know that it was a sequel, though, so maybe I won't read it until I finish Swordspoint--which I will do. ...Eventually.

Actually, I know just what you mean. Getting into Swordspoint really is a little rough. For about the first half of the story I thought I didn't like it. It wasn't until all of the events started coming together, and the ending, that I really appreciated it. Privilege of the Sword is much easier to get into. I suppose it's not 100% necessary to read Swordspoint before it, but it really helps if you do. Otherwise the situation with Alec probably won't make as much sense.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 5:59 pm
icykia

Actually, I know just what you mean. Getting into Swordspoint really is a little rough. For about the first half of the story I thought I didn't like it.

Really?! I loved it from the first word to the last. The first few pages are my favorite... sweatdrop  

Sol-chan

icykia

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:33 pm
Sol-chan
icykia

Actually, I know just what you mean. Getting into Swordspoint really is a little rough. For about the first half of the story I thought I didn't like it.

Really?! I loved it from the first word to the last. The first few pages are my favorite... sweatdrop

Haha...I don't remember the beginning all that well, to tell you the truth. I'm just remembering my overall sense of the book.  
Fantasy Books Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games