Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply General Discussion (other than weight loss)
If threads had horses

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Horse play!
  The best play
  "I'ma horsey! *neigh!*"
View Results

dangerousfish

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:06 pm
Then all of gaia would ride.

I'm a bit loopy today but today I also thought it would be cool to have a horse/riding topic seems it seems some of us ride.

Commence the horse talk. : D  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:35 pm
WELL!

I have been riding since I was 11.
Strictly English.

I currently have 2 horses,
Winston, a 3 year old 1/2 Thoroughbred, 1/4 percheron, 1/4 morgan gelding.
I eventually plan to do eventing with him.
He's steel-grey, big, heavy, and BRAVE!
Nothing phases him. He thinks he is so tough.
User Image
and
Paris!
A 5year old Thorughbred/??
I bought her as a project, she was only halter broke.
I have yet to get on her but we're doing a ton of groundwork.
She's dapple grey, dainty, and a great little jumper.
She's a little bit flighty, and gets worked up pretty easily.
User Image

I take lessons once a week with a really great coach, and I ride pretty much 5-7 times a week, and I'm down at the barn for hours everyday.  

Groovy Spleen
Crew

dangerousfish

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:15 pm
Awesome!

I did western horse camp, 1 week in the summer for 2 years and then a lady my dad works with gave him the sign-up sheet for Meadowview Farm (if you want to see my at my fattest and baggy clothes check me out under "Riding Camp", I was a counselor and also young). So I rode there since I was 11 until 18 when two things happened: a)I moved an hour away to school b)and this is what really brought the dry spell, my trainer whom I love love love decided to give up riding teaching to teach karate and self-defense full time instead of part-time. She has her own place now, which is cool for her. Her riding ability is so amazing though! crying

So! I rode hunter jumper for that time and eventually moved up to 2 lessons a week, awesome. I had two lease horses who lived with non-horse people who had a barn and three horses (don't ask *facepalm*) so in exchange for cheap board I took care of the barn, 4 horses, two goats, a flock of chickens, and one crooked barn cat (car accident). It certainly polished me up and pretty much guarenteed that horses were my everything.

When I was 16 the people I boarded with bred their mare (*facepalm*) and I had a baby! His registered name is "Wahoo's Blue" 'cause they named him Blue. Please guess what color his eyes are. *facepalm* He is a really pretty black paint stock with an almost whiteface and those blue eyes. His whiteface wasn't large enough to be a paint paint but he is still a APHA with AQHA origins. His maternal grandfather, Lucks Chic Gay (TBxQH), is a successful quarter horse racer. So I got to raise a baby from day one, it was very cool and when he was 1 I bought him. Pssh, they should have just charged me the stud fee since if I hadn't been there her wouldn't even have been halter trained.

I had him until he was 3 and it just got so difficult to have time for him and being away at school. We had just started under saddle and he was a joy. I sold him really quick crying because a lady just happened to be in our barn (I moved him away from the *facepalm* to a reasonable boarder with all day turnout) and she was looking for a forever horse that had been raised exactly as Blue was, one person loving and training him so he didn't have hang-ups and fears *sniffsniff*. He's still my baby.

You can see I could talk about Blue until the cows come home. Sorry, I got excited (it's been 5 years).

Anyway. Hunter jumper, didn't show much, didn't really interest me. I rode school horses and had fun with them. I worked as a turnout girl and show groom when they needed me, a Student Helper for lesson people, day camp counselor, and I was also a Polo groom which was pretty cool and very fast-paced. I love learning new things. I'll be starting dressage lessons at my new work place next week, exciting!  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:22 pm
Your horses are beautiful and your girl looks like she has a lot of promise!  

dangerousfish

dangerousfish

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:24 pm
Oh yeah, I officially start my new MW job of morning feed/turnout/grooming for the trainer on Monday. I'm stupid excited.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:10 pm
dangerousfish
Your horses are beautiful and your girl looks like she has a lot of promise!

Eee. thanks. whee
She is such a sweetheart.
And Winston is just a big brat.  

Groovy Spleen
Crew

dangerousfish

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:16 pm
Today I had my first dressage riding lesson. Of course, it wasn't so much dressage as it was fixing my 5 year rusty position but still. I was in a dressage saddle. rofl My stirrups started out a hole longer but I couldn't find my balance so up a hole they went - putting them at the same length of my own stirrups. Oh well, not like I keep short jumping stirrups (my trainer wasn't down with the short stirrups) but I was interested in some longer stirrups. She's the same height as me but has stirrups two holes longer, she says her thigh has stretched overtime. I will assume she meant her balance and stretching down and she did not actually grow her bone. Because I don't think you can do that.

It is official that it was the saddle that was throwing me off when I rode my roommate's horse, not that he is slightly green still (lack of riding before she got him). I don't know if all all-purpose saddles are the funky or if it was just her's. But I rode in the trainer's dressage saddle no problem.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 2:45 pm
Wow, what you're doing for your TB is pretty awesome!  

dangerousfish

Soi Tsuba

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:46 am
I haven't ridden a horse since my mom was thrown off and broke her pelvis. We were going down a hill in the woods and a pheasant jumped at her horse in the middle of no where.

hmm, i must say i do miss horses. My cousin has my horse, along with her other ones. It's a real treat to go visit her every so often. (She lives 13 hrs away)  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:55 pm
Ouch, a broken pelvis. That's pretty bad place for a break. I hope she recovered well. Glad you're able to visit your cousin's horses.  

dangerousfish

Zathura

4,300 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Bidding War 100
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:47 pm
The only kind of horse I ever had was a My Little Pony sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:39 am
I'm not big on horses, but I have a friend who draws horses very well but can only draw them facing to the left. xDDD  

Agorphia

8,950 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Contributor 150
  • The Perfect Setup 150

Testicular Diabeetus
Vice Captain

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:05 pm
I had a horse. =( The fiancée got rid of her though because she reared and made me fly off of a fence.
I busted my lip pretty bad.
Blood everywhere.

i miss her to death, hopefully we can get another horse soon.  
General Discussion (other than weight loss)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games